Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing In Video Games

Crossdressing In Video Games

I have been wanting to ask this for a while - who here plays video games and automatically crossdress within their worlds? This guy. If the offer is there, I do it. I love the Saint Row franchise for example because it gives you the option of becoming a female character, complete with clothing choices. In WWE games, I automatically create a female character first, and before the gender restriction thing(i.e. males cannot hit females, so no wrestling for the WWE Championship as a lady), had won the championship with her many times.

While it obviously doesn't replace real-life crossdressing, it offers an outlet of release...for me, at least. So, any stories or examples?

My avatar in Rockband 3 is named Dana. She has pink hair in a pixie cut. I also have a female character in another game named Giabear. Have multiple char both male and female in the different tabletop rpgs I play.
    Dana M

When I was little I always played (and still do!) MMOs as female characters. It gave me the luxury of being able to be myself without having to go through the annoying process of making sure my makeup and stuff is in tact. I could just wake up log on and be Allison the calm and collected mage. Since I never beg for items or use my gender as an excuse for guys to buy me items in game I never had my gender questioned either.

In a way I like playing online games more than trying to dress in real life. I can just wake up naturally and not have to go through putting on all the makeup and stuff o.e Don't get me wrong it is fun but honestly if I passed naturally I would much rather not wear it all the time. I can just log in and no one gives it a second thought really. I guess I talk or type like a girl (i've been told this so many times :P), I don't try and date anyone, ask for items, I usually am the one helping people really :P and am just treated normally. Haha I've even made some very close friends who just know me as Allison and nothing more In a way it actually helps me realize who I am a lot easier and if not for video games I don't know if I would have ever had the courage to realize that I am this way ^^

My favorite game Phantasy Star Universe I had a character named Ayu the Master-techer(or just grand mage really :P) She was this short little Newman (elf) who shot meteors out of her wands >w< My friend and I were the go to girls when someone needed help hunting something
    I always play either damage dealing mage or support mage. I have a new found love for healing magic in video games and keeping my party alive and buffed and the mobs status downed

Whenever I play videogames now I always play as a females when I can, simply because I know who I am now and feel more connected to a character who shares the same gender that I do
    Last edited by Allison Quinn; 11-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.

I do it too. Anything with a create-a-character tool, I'll spend way too much time making her just right.

Fable 3 is a great video game where at some point the character crossdresses as the other sex, whether you're a man or woman. It's my 2nd most played video game.

I don't automatically go with female characters. If they have different attributes than other characters and I prefer the other character's attributes then I won't pick one. For example, I would pick Ken over Chun Li in Street Fighter II because I prefer Ken's fighting style.

On the other hand, in one of my Guitar Hero games I hand-created an all-female band.

So it's rather situational for me.

Any game I really like I tend to beat the absolute hell out of, so I end up with people from both genders and doing every choice you can do. My girls are usually my favorites though. I had a pretty famous tank on WoW back a few years ago, a girl character named Studley. Seemed to fit pretty well lol.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I keep trying with my checkerboard but the only options are red and black.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Hah... but do you at least change it to "Queen me"? instead of King??

I have played many MMOs. Ragnarok Online, Rose Online, Maestia, FF...er I ferget which number the MMO was... ,
    Auto Assault (probably no one remembers...didn't last long), Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, currently play Tera Online.
    Probably missed one or 2. In all of them and in standalone RPGs like Skyrim,etc I've played the ladies. Probably only 5 chars have been male in gender choosable games. The rest female.
    Just been sort of a "if I've got to stare at a char's backside all day, I'd rather it be female" thing.
    And I like all the various outfitting some of these have.
    I ofhand wonder if those that collect outfits and costumes ingame would have CD tendencies. Or at least be into cosplay.
    Although most games tend to unfortunately not provide a good amount of storage to keep all the various outfits... or to
    allow you to change to a different costume while keeping stats of a proper levelled match to the character.
    Maestia was good for that...if you liked your starter outfit, you could use it in a costume slot while using proper gear in regular slot.
    Gave you proper stats, but let you look how you want to look. Unfortunately, that game's closed down and not well made in other ways.
    A few based on anime chars that I can "act out" a bit of roleplaying in game.
    Never played PSU.. although remember Phantasy Star game on Dreamcast (have 2 of those).
    Fable's I've "collected" but not really played much on.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I'm guilty of living vicariously through female game characters. It's a fun outlet.

I tend to only use female av's in games when I get to choose

I will play the female role in a video game with a bunch of guys and they treat it as a joke.
    Works all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    I mostly play old games from the 80s and 90s, but whenever there is a choice of a party of characters, I always make one with my male self, one for my female self, and fill out the party with characters based on my old girlfriends.

Banned Read only
    Every game that had a choice of genders, I would always be the girl

@KaceyR
    It was XI c: But I didn't like that :P Being a tarutrau Dragoon was the most fun I had in it xP and ooh Phantasy Star c: There were offline variations for the dreamcast along with Phantasy Star Online Episodes I II, and IV (III was a terrible card game!) I played those too But on the xbox and PC since I don't have a dreamcast xP

It was the same story there with avatars

I do not exclusively, but primarily yes. I play a lot of MMOs and almost all of my main characters have been female. Final Fantasy 7 has a part where you have to crossdress in order to progress the story, and there are multiple levels to which you can take it. You have to have a dress and a wig at minimum, but you can get perfume, panties, makeup, 3 different levels of dress type, and 3 different levels of wig quality. This has an effect on the how the game proceeds. Also, it helps a down on his luck dressmaker feel like he has purpose again, as he goes into making dresses for men.

I only recently got into MMO's and play both male and female characters.
    What I just realized is that all my male characters are classes that do massive damage and the females are all healers. Hmmm...
    I guess it makes sense as I don't really want to put a lady in a position where she might break a nail.

What I find most amusing is that other players will actually hit on me when I play the female characters.
    I know she's hot because I designed her that way but really, dude, she's an avatar...

Shelby

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What does MMO stand for?
    I'm not a gamer just curious.

I don't play a lot of video games, but I totally do this when I do. Fun to hear I'm not the only one.

One of the Star Trek (PC) games lets you have a female role. That's the only one I have come across, can't remember what it was called. Can anyone else?

Ann x

I would always play the prettiest female character in any video game that I play

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    What does MMO stand for?
    I'm not a gamer just curious.
    Massively Multiplayer Online
    Basically when you're online in the game and interacting with other live players in the game world.
    Not just a standalone game where it's all just in-the-game ran characters or NPCs (non player characters). Most of the time termed along with RPG.. (Role Player Game). So you can have MMO RPGs (e.g. World of Warcraft,Lord of the Rings Online, too many other to count) or just plain RPGs (majority of Final Fantasys), Skyrim, and way too many others to count as well . The plain RPGs are not outside connected.
    MMOs typically will have thousands on a server playing at a time. well...unless it's a bad game .
    Then multiple servers are ran.. so some of the mega-games WoW,eg can have millions playing.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Fable 3 is a great video game where at some point the character crossdresses as the other sex, whether you're a man or woman. It's my 2nd most played video game.
    Really? We just got that free a little while back on xbox. I haven't played it yet but now I may have too

Yes, if the choice is given to take a female character, I usually do. I especially love the games that Krystalina mentioned, WWE, Saints Row, Fallout (you chose your gender at the beginning of the game,) and any other that has any creation or customization involved with it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I normally play MMOs, world of warcraft being my mainly played, but I do play Tera, DC universe, rift, and all as female characters. I love to create and customize my character to how I feel inside. It is rare that I play a male character and it has to be a good reason to do so. All 11 of my level 90 characters in WoW are all female. It's who I am and at least in games I can show it.

i is a female avatar who says she doesn/t like being referred to as an avatar in a game. I tell them through the av of course, hey this is me...and also that anything in such a game is definitely rpg. Now i is on the having exhausted several hectic games- and am on the loose on the web, seeking something new, --so if you got one of those rpg with sexy female avs, lert me know about it....already have a list from those above.
    ty
    Last edited by jodie k; 11-26-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: correction