Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: family ties ; sons or fathers that CD !! any one !

family ties ; sons or fathers that CD !! any one !

watching tv , son was in the room, commercial shows mancave, i think nice, pans in to womens walk-in closet with full wall shoe rack, i think dream come true, boy says nice,
    i didnt say anything to him, or look over, maybe he would like having a bigger closet ??
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A member here said her dad confessed he dressed late in life. The member's son confessed to some dressing recently, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My youngest also CDs, has never been out in public, yet.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hmmm? I was thinking about starting a post about this. One time, when I was still living at home with my parents, I was sneaking my mom's bras out of her lingerie drawer and stuffing them with socks. Oh, we started out so primitive, didn't we? I would memorize exactly the way it was folded and positioned and return it exactly the way I found it. Mom was really mad about something at dinner one night and looked right at me and said, "stay out of my drawers and leave my bras alone!" Then she looked at my Dad and said, "Both of you!" Yeah, Hmmmm?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Blue View Post
    My youngest also CDs, has never been out in public, yet.
    how did you find out ? does he know you know ? were their clues before you found out ?
    ....Mykell

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Never new my real dad. Step-dad definitely didn't. Son doesn't that I know of, though he does live on his own, so maybe but doubtful.

Carla.......You're moms exclamation cracked me up! Good thing it wasn't at an extended family type meal!

It would be interesting to know if cross dressing was hereditary. Obviously on your fathers side!

Katie

I sometimes wonder about my dad... it would be very difficult to imagine him dressing. He was very masculine. Each of my brothers has once referred to the other brother putting on a dress, but that's the only possible indicator I might have about them. No kids...

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

interesting... I had a friend growing up and I found out one Halloween that every year they dress alike, mostly girls outfits or costumes. Sounded like it was my friends idea and his dad was overwhelmingly interested. I remember his dad asking me to dress as a girl with them, I told him I already was going as a power ranger, but i wish i did. ;-)
    FIND ME!!
    My YouTube - https://tinyurl.com/yaa6k27o

I found out in September that my father was gender variant as I am. I found out through his passing so I never got to know this side, nor he of mine. It's really sad but nothing I can do now. It's been a huge trigge to my own gender dysphoria and transition, which is under way now. My therapist did tell me that there is some heritable link, but it's not known how strong or deep that goes.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    My dad definately dressed. Unfortunately he has my 2 sisters taking turns as his caregiver for the last 2 years and he never has any time to himself anymore. One of them probably knows, but I don't think the other does.

Neither of my sisters know about me that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    how did you find out ? does he know you know ? were their clues before you found out ?
    He left a few clues behind when he moved out. A few slip ups while in high school. Yes, he has known about me for a few years.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

None in my family, but there have been some skeletons found in the cupboard by friends who were mystified why their father kept so many good fashionable clothes left by their mother when she died.
    It was not for me to say or even suggest, but some of the clothes I had seen on sale two to three months ago.
    Both wives had died at least two years prior.
    It was interesting none broached the cross dressing or transgender topic.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do not think my Father ever did. He was far too concerned about what others would think, even if he ever wanted to. Now my Grandfather on my Mothers side is another story. He did for sure. Before I knew about this I was already dressing. I got caught once as a child, and I think Mom and Dad had a talk about it because the next weekend my Father told me "your Grandfather liked to wear womens panties and I had better never turn out like that faggot." Well a little late cause I already was. So I wound up repressing my true self for 31 years. Thanks Dad.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

When I came out to my mother she told me that my dad (they were divorced) also dressed.
    I certainly had no inkling that he did and I never mentioned it to him.

bethany

always hated that f****t word. at least your not repressing any longer
    ....Mykell

I don't think my father dressed but I do wonder about his sexuality. Anyway, this is fascinating. So is it genetic, some sort of subtle learning or just evidence that this thing we love is enjoyed by larger numbers than are typically stated?

Im not sure if my dad was a serious cd, but he showed me a picture once of him fully done up, blonde wig, white blouse, black long line skirt heels. He said it was for a party...
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    bethany

always hated that f****t word. at least your not repressing any longer
    yeah I always hated it also. And I must say it is nice to begin to know the me, I am.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Interesting thread. I wonder if there is any genetic connection. I have never read any serious accounts of there being one. I once met a man who told me that his father, a famous architect, was gay as was he. It just goes to show how little we know.

My father was out here and my kids showed him a picture of me from Halloween. (my kids know about me and accept me) and the response was interesting.... "It is nice to see you have the same propensity to dress-up as I do". As a kid I always remember my dad going to parties for Halloween as Miss Piggy - My mom was always Kermit. Interesting stuff!

Since I have ‘signed in’ this afternoon, for the first time in heaven knows how long, I am spurred to add a comment on this thread.

I never thought my father cross-dressed, but I recall returning from Paris with him when I was about twenty, and having an hour to fill waiting for our train at Kingscross Station in London (we seldom used ‘planes back in those days – c1958-59). We visited a rather seedy ‘boutique’ a short distance from the railway station and he bought a negligee for my mother. Nothing wrong with that, and I considered it a nice thought on his part. He would have been about 49-years of age at the time, which I now realise is still the prime of life. I recall he openly tried on that negligee for size. I thought little of it at the time, but on reflection ...?

My own son is 6’3”-tall and I cannot imagine him ever wearing feminine attire. He would look ridiculous. His wife is about 5’'2” (the long and the short of it as was said when they got wed!) so any likelihood of him ever getting into any of her clothes is beyond the realms of possibility. Mind you, although she’s short in stature, she has always been somewhat ‘bulky’ and well-endowed, so perhaps her bras might well fit around his manly chest. And her knickers would certainly fit. I have never really considered that possibility but, looking back on my late-father’s obvious joy in the femininity of that negligee makes me wonder.

Who can tell? Perhaps cross-dressing IS in our genes.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_cder View Post
    Im not sure if my dad was a serious cd, but he showed me a picture once of him fully done up, blonde wig, white blouse, black long line skirt heels. He said it was for a party...
    Sounds like a party to me.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Like Bethany, I think my maternal Grandfather may have liked to dress-up occasionally. I don't know, nothing was ever said, but I saw a picture of him once, modeling at a fashion show for some charity. He looked pretty good.

I can say with 100% certainty that my father did NOT CD. He was the definition of the mans man (Don't go into all the jive about over compensation and all that). He was from a different era when men were debonaire, sophisticated, etc. He didn't. I may be confused about a lot of my own life, but I'm not about that.