Thread: I'm not sure, but I think I'm out to my folks.

I'm not sure, but I think I'm out to my folks.

In the past, I've given subtle hints to my folks (father & stepmother) about me. I've done everything from wearing a bra and small forms under a sweat shirt to wearing girl jeans and womens sneakers to gatherings. In the past, my stepmother has commented about how small my fingers are. So, I was at their place sampling some cookies my stepmother made. My father, who was in another room, asks if I had any cookies. To that, she says "I just gave 'her' some". And I was in guy mode at the time. So I'm not sure if I'm out or not.
    -BrendaJane
    Congratulations St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!! "Play Gloria"!!!

Yep, reckon you are. In June I politely asked my dad if i could wear girlish clothes at his house, he said if you feel comfortable, I had my leggings and red shoe string singlet on within the hour.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

To me it sounds as if she was trying to see your reaction. As they have a hint that you dress as woman I think she was testing the waters to see what you said or how you reacted

Gone to live my life
    Hi BrendaJane,

I am going to go with the obvious answer of "yes". I mean you wore a bra and small forms under a sweat shirt and I believe that would be noticed quite quickly by your father and stepmother. Now, not sure if your father has guessed it but I think your step mother has. So, I think you are partially out.

Hugs

Isha

With the holidays here this is the perfect time to have a sit down and come out. I mean it looks like they already accept you for who you are, why not get their full support by being honest to yourself and respect them by telling them the truth

Time to buy a new dress for Thanksgiving dinner!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yeah, it does sound like they have strong suspicions and are testing them with you now. It also sounds like they might be accepting. If you come out to your family soon, you might even find some girly gifts under the Christmas tree!

~Rachel

Platinum Member
    Maybe they have some questions to ask, but don't assume anything. If you want tomcomemoutmtomyourmparents, then do so in a considerate, well thought out and low key manner.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    As the English say, "in for a penny, in for a pound". So why don't you can put on your nicest skirt and just remove all doubt, you have been beating around the bush for awhile anyway. You obviously hope to get out into the open by your clothing choises in the past, so what could the worst case scenerio possibly be? If you didn't want anyone to know, you would have been more discrete in the past.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Of course they know. With everything you have done, don't you think it would have been obvious to a deaf person? You didn't need to say a thing. Moms and dads who love their kids are funny beings. It's sounds like they love you and have enough compassion that they are waiting for you to bring the subject up. They don't want to put you on the spot until you are comfortable enough to bring it up yourself. They are being thoughtful.
    I say it's time to put on your big girl panties and stop playing games around them. It will turn out fine and you will fell better for it.
    (Beside - it will open up a whole slew of new ideas for Christmas presents )

well Brenda, do let us know asap how it goes, we're all really excited for you, be gentle on your dad
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I wouldn't go the whole nine yards the first time at thanksgiving dinner. Wait until the weekend. You can't be sure who knows, who doesn't, and who's in denial. Be kind. Let everyone enjoy the holiday. Then maybe go shopping on Friday and buy yourself a sort of androgenous but cute top (maybe a girl's black t shirt, you know what defines that, one with shorter than guy's t shirt sleeves, that is worn snug to the body, and slightly lower neckline) to wear with those jeans with the girl sneakers; and maybe comb your hair the way a girl might and spray it with a non scented spray to keep it like that. If that goes over well, maybe the next day, add a plain barrett to your hair that matches your hair color. Baby steps, baby steps. Maybe the next pair of girls jeans a pastel color (a pastel color that isn't PINK, you don't have to go overboard, let them all get used to seeing you in girl things).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Around my neck of the woods it is common to call someone 'she' as a form of teasing. Typically, baking is a female endeavor, so if you are hanging out in the kitchen too much the name might stick.
    Chickie

It sounds like Michelle and Stephanie are correct to me. I told my wife and, after further discussion, told the kids so they would not find dad running around the house in his nightgown by accident. All has gone well. My father in law lives with us at this time so I told him and he told me as long as my wife an I were happy it was fine with him. After that, my mother in law, my parents, my sisters, my aunt, and cousin were told about Tiffany and when everyone saw how much happier my wife and I were together they were all supportive. I have found that, with good communication and respect for each other, crossdressing doesn't have to be detrimental to a relationship.

Presenting to your parents the way you have, I would say so.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.