Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being tall (6'3) and CD

I am 6'3, 195 lbs. I wear an 8 or 10 in skirts and pants, but a 1x or 2x in tops, and a 14 or 15 in shoes. It makes finding a dress difficult, so I tend to favor separate tops and bottoms. As for the tops, I found a good tailor that will make any blouse mkre form fitting, since a 1x, while it fits in the arms and shoulders, would look like a circus tent, without some tailoring.

As for shoe height, I stick with a 1 1/2" or 2" inch heel, and then try to just own it.

Cate

I am 5 foot 9 inches tall and weight about 210 lbs, I have both male and female traits that most people notice in me, I really like what Michelle said and out in the public just if I go out in male mode and people don't know that I crossdress I still get called gay sometimes which in fact people are seeing some things wrong because I am mostly attracted to women or also since I have embraced crossdressing more I am starting to find out I am attracted to other crossdressers, I have alot to learn though.

6ft 2.5in. Don't get out much, so not really a problem.

I'm 6'2" and just over 200 lbs I wish I had never spent so many days in the gym trying to get so big.

6' 3",225.just an average tall girl.....this is a delightful thread to read....love being out and about.
    PaulaAnn
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Nancy, I'm 6'3" and pretty heavy besides; I wear a size 26W. It hasn't stopped me from going out, even in heels (though I don't go above about 3-1/2"). I can be seated and not really show my size until I stand up, and my usual response to anyone that comments on my height is, "It runs in the family." (It does!)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

The higher you are, the closer you are to the stars...
    I am 5'10" and I love wearing heels that are over 5"

I am so pleased that so many have responded to this thread. Many helpful and thoughtful posts. I know that, for me this is all rolled up in my dislike of my male body. I just don't like being a big guy. I have noticed many tall GGs and I admire the style and confidence many of them display. I know that I can wear my forms and wig, but I can't subtract inches from my height. Some of you are clearly ahead of me on the trail of self-acceptance. Thanks for your comments, support, and shopping suggestions. Nancy

You are not alone (clearly, based on the responses). I refer everyone to Stana's blog, where she keeps a list of famous tall women sorted by height. See: https://sites.google.com/site/femula...ng-tall-1#ffoh. Like many of us (I'm 6'0"), Stana is tall, gets out and about regularly, and wears high heels.

As is often said, attitude will get you noticed, or help you pass -- depending on you and your confidence and countenance. Be a lady who is proud of being tall! Also, when you see a tall GG woman, study how she carries herself and emulate as you femulate.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

i am also 6 feet 2 inches and dont go out dressed much, but i miss having smaller feet, or at least being able to find nice shoes for me.

6'7', 200lbs and size 15 (US) feet. Only 34" inside leg so jeans and leggings are easy to find. Having a freakishly long back (as my friends describe it) restricts my choice in both male and female mode - Tops are always too short.

Thanksgiving has come, we are all thankful - after reading this (an I'am not being smugg) I am glad I am a little smaller 5'8", 9/10 shoes, 6/8 pants, L/XL tops, 12 dresses - and I have felt as though I was always too tall as a woman, Sooo glad we all can come to terms with who we are. You taller ladies look so elegant in your pics; remember proportions are paramount to our looks, so we all must dress accordingly - you are all beautiful.................................Debra

I'm 6'4" 255lbs and have never even thought of passing but I still wear a lot of women's clothes. Fortunately I wear size 10.5 mens shoe which means there is a substantial choice of size 12 womens shoes to choose from if you know where to look. Lane Bryant, Payless and Avenue have a nice selection of shoes, boots and sandals up to size 13 and all in wide width. I love tall boots and wear them with jeans no problem.
    Size 20 tall womens jeans fit me perfectly so that is all I own and wear. Lane Bryant, Avenue and Eddie Bauer have some great jeans and pants which make up most of my day to day wardrobe. I can even squeeze into some 18 Tall skinny jeans if I really want to femme things up.
    I do have trouble with women's tops. Even tall lengths from Eddie Bauer are not long enough and ride up. I have found many tunic length tops from Jessica London will work for me. I also have several tall sweaters from Eddie Bauer which I can stretch and wear.
    Althought I have not ordered from them, there is a company called LEL (long elegant legs) which sells really hot womens jeans and pants but they are a bit pricey.
    It would be nice to be 8-10 inches shorter but I have figured out how to make things work for me.

I'm 6'2" ... About 185lbs... Don't go out so not a problem ..The one time I did go to a club two members of the group I went with were over 6'6" bare foot height, they really made me feel short and that doesn't happen often..But they pulled it off when not dressed I embrace my height it helps me find the shorter checkout lanes ..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Short people want to be tall. Tall people want to be short. The grass is always greener on the other side. I say take what you have and make everyone else want to be tall. I'm 6'1" and the only thing I don't like about it is when I'm in heels I have to duck down when I walk through doors.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    6'3" here, I agree with all thats been said......wish I were much shorter.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Hi Nancy!

At 6'4" and a bit over 200 lbs, I don't try to go out and pass. I just don't feel like there is anything I could do to be able to present as I would like. I have posted previously that maybe I could pass as an aging retired NFL Q-back... If I was under 5'8" and 50 lbs lighter, then I would be inclined to go out and about. At home, I do dress casual enough every day that if I were smaller, I have a wardrobe that would allow going out easily. So as it is, I dress for me in ways that are comfortable, mostly simple, feminine, and pretty. And yes, it's flats every day.

I do admire the big girls here that do venture out tho. Good for you!

Kate

I'm 6' 3" 215lbs but I am built on the slender side and I my best female feature are my legs which I got from my Mother plus I have natural A cup breasts so according to my wife I am very passable. I've only been out a few times and never had any problems. I guess I am built more like a female basketball player plus these days you do see a good bit of tall GG's out there.
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

6'0 200 lbs. I play organized tackle football, and they've nicknamed me "Sunshine" bc of my long hair like the guy from the movie "Remember the Titans." Have only been out dressed for Halloween, and it was at a friends house, so not really sure about the passing thing. Also this is my first post on here, so hello everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by PatChick View Post
    6'0 200 lbs. I play organized tackle football, and they've nicknamed me "Sunshine" bc of my long hair like the guy from the movie "Remember the Titans." Have only been out dressed for Halloween, and it was at a friends house, so not really sure about the passing thing. Also this is my first post on here, so hello everybody!
    Hi Pat and welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy it here.
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Thank you! I am from Philly as well.. Funny that you were my first interaction on here.

somehow I wear a 10 for mens and womens shoes. I know that is odd but it works.

Oh girl I'm 6'2" in my stockings but am very light weight, 165. However I go out all the time and strut my heels. Once you Girl out it becomes easier, especially since I live as a women it is just natural. Ever seen a tall girl you admire, well they don't let their height hinder their beauty and neither should you! Get out if that is your desire, believe me it is the best way to start accepting yourself. Best of all to you.....k
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

6'2", 160lbs. And I'm in Japan, so I do stand out! But frankly, most people go about their day absorbed in their own things, so it doesn't matter how tall I am.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    One thing about being tall...when GGs want to get a picture with you, you often have to crouch down so you and they will have your faces on the same level. I had to do that a couple of times this evening.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016