Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Childhood Self-Image

The firs time I recall wearing anything feminine was age 7. It was panties and a dress and I loved the look and feel. However I had strong feelings of utter confusion because I thought that I was the only boy in the world who wanted to be more like a girl. As I grew older and started to realize that I wasn't alone, my feelings turned from confused to mixed. I'm now happily in a state of mixed feelings where I can enjoy both sides of my whole being.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I started between the ages of 6-8 and I always felt as a boy, but even at that age I knew that I would live at least some of my adult life as a woman. I am doing so now and its a joy that I plan never to abandon.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

i feel it was mixed, when i grew into teens i wished i had been born a girl, but succumbed to the reality that i was a boy.
    I had thought a change of sex would be for me early on but the realization of my stature in frame would not let me enjoy my life that way, and if i had i would still want to love a women,
    so with guilt and purges i continued threw life, happy with my female self, with some improvements wanted (needed) when i look in the mirror its a dude in a dress looking back , accepting of my male life with some improvements wanted (got the look down pretty good) so i still have confusion in my middle state of gender association and look forward to my time dressed, and grateful for my acceptance here.
    Last edited by mykell; 12-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I wished the same when i was a kid

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I too started at 5 and I have had those same feelings and now at age 43 I find myself even in guy mode referring to myself in female pronouns every so often. I can be working on something and I catch myself say "girl, you can figure this out!" and I can agree that living in a mixed gender fluid state is better than repressing. I enjoy every moment to the fullest as Victoria and somedays I wish I could stay!

Now to answer your question: As a child I sorta did not see myself as any gender and dressed as a girl and even caught. As an adult I will admit that recently as a guy sometimes I feel like I am crossdressing as a male to survive and I do find I identify as a transgender woman more now than any other time in my life.

When my sisters dressed me as a girl when 3years I played the part, not understanding at that age. During my growing years I was Annie Oakley when playing Western games and the nurse when playing Doctors and nurses and took feminine roles in plays at school. Fascinated with the Shakespear years where men took female roles because females were not permitted to act.

In my teens I was male through and through and played masculine sports. My current employment and hobby are very masculine and I associated as a male.

To day Requal is a release of stress and peaceful time for me and nothing else.

Just as many of you said, around 5-6 years old, when memories start to "stick" I remember praying every night that I would wake up as a girl. I played way more with my girl cousins than my boy cousins and was told in kindergarten that I shouldn't chase the boys and kiss them like the other girls were doing. Thank god the internet showed me that I wasn't alone.

I was a "late starter" at age 6..lol But my accepting Mom got me up to speed fast!lol I was a mixed up,very busy kid with such diverse interests[however all solo pursuits] that it masked my interests in femininity to everyone but my mother. By the time I hit puberty,I was EXTREMELY envious of girls and the attention some of them got!I so wanted to be that girl that was getting her "short skirt" measured by the vice principal and sent home to change!!lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

From 5 or 6, I remember often going to bed at night wishing I would wake up as a girl. I remember doing that for years. I new I was a boy. I mean all I had to do was look down there, right? But, I wanted to be a girl. I think that if I had been born later, like in the mid 1990s, and had access to all the information out there today, the choice would have been easy for me.True, there are some VERY courageous souls who transition late in life, but doubt I will ever be one of them. I'll just have to muddle through the rest of the time I have left. But, like I said, if I were younger and in today's world, it wouldn't be a hard choice.

What a fun topic! Like many, I acted and dressed as if I were a girl before memories even began to stick. My parents still have pics of me playing with my dollies, wearing long white gloves, carrying my purse, etc. I do recall wearing the Avon sample lipsticks and putting on Mom's pantyhose as often as I found it. I was a prissy sissy and I loved it. I still absolutely 100% love my femininity. There is nothing better to me than being a woman!

I seem alot like the rest of you,sometime when I was young like 5-6 I discovered my sisters panties and tried them on and that was all it took. Since then id sneak around and try on her clothes when I could. When I turned 16 and got a car one of the first things I did was go to Kmart and buy a bra and pantie set and this cute wrap dress that I had hidden in my room. I never viewed myself as a girl I just loved to look like one and the way it made me feel. I'd purge only to end up buying stuff again. So many of us go through the same patterns you know the story. Now I'm 34,wasted my best looking years and I'm just now kinda accepting that this is just a part of me
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i love this thread! I was about 5 too ....when I discovered my female cousin's dance recital costume