Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing subtle feminity into your male look

Introducing subtle feminity into your male look

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if people could give any pointers for introducing more feminine aspects into dressing male.

This could be anything from subtle make up to a particular cut of clothing to underdressing.

How many of you do it and how do you do it?

x

My regular feminine touch has been maintaining my smoothly shaved legs and on a daily basis using a lightly scented vanilla body butter on them to keep them feeling soft, smooth and so sexy feeling.

For me it's been wearing women's clothing but in a unisex style. I now only have women's jeans but keep it on the plain (pocket designs) side if I can. I also only wear women's socks, you'd be surprised how such a small addition can add to a your feminine feeling. I also try to find women's athletic shoes that aren't to obvious when I can. There are many days, when the only piece of clothing I'm wearing that is not a women's article is a shirt. That is the hardest to find in a unisex style, they are often just to cute to be a mans shirt and the cuts, their cropped sleeves or the neckline are just not a mans look.

There has been a practical side to all this as well. I am on the short/small side and always have had trouble with mens clothing sizes. Women's clothing really does just fit me better. Heck, the heel of my foot is actually in the heel of my socks now, who would have thought of such a thing? Jeans, a perfect fit every time, it's rather nice

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    For me it is a struggle to slowly fit in a feminine look without drawing too much attention. At times I will undersdress, especially now in winter it is easy when wearing jeans and heavy sweatshirts. Also I am one to keep my body hair at a minimum, I also attempt to keep my nails manicured. I have been wearing small diamond stud earings for about a year now and my latest attempt is to let my hair grow out. That part is still a struggle, trying to let it grow long enough so that I can have a stylist help me with a unisex type hair style, and do it without looking either like a hippie or a slob or letting anyone figure me out. Every day is a struggle to blend.
    Erica

In my situation, I've shaved my entire body. My significant other actually likes that. I caught her off of a bit of a surprise, but he loved it. I'm now starting to use scented lotion too. I've always shaved my pubes and arm pit, even before being serious about CD, because it just was such a turn-off for me to see tarantulas growing there... lol. I hope that helps. So, start by keeping up to date on shaving is a good start. Push/test your limits on how far you will shave, and slowly work your way of acceptance up to whomever you are in regular contact with. Nowadays, I believe it's more accepting and nobody thinks much about it, so it will be easier on you to proceed further.

Jeans, blouses, sweaters, female belts done up the correct way, shoes and socks all help the androgynous look.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Over the past decade I have transitioned my look by wearing female jeans, some sweaters, of course panties, and bras or cami under outer clothes. Also keep shave or epilate all my hair, have nails nicely manicured and always a shinny pink or clear color. My brows are nicely arched and thin and on occasion I will wear eye liner. I also like a muted lipgloss when out. Not sure if that is a little over the top, but as a gradual transition over time people have accepted it as the new me.

I am not looking to blur the line between male and female in my outward appearance.

However; I do underdress every chance I get. I have more panties and hose than my wife!

The only outward sign is that I take care of my nails and use a matte finish hardner on them.

Banned Read only
    I underdress, but I don't wear a bra "en boy" my men's shoes have pink, purple or rainbow shoelaces, my women's tennis shoes are more unisex style. I usually wear women's jeans that are not skinny or embellished. My men's jeans that I wear are skinny and have designs on the pockets. I wear men's t-shirts that have feminine designs on them. I always wear long-sleeved spandex undershirts (I do this so I don't have a farmers tan enfemme). Or, I will wear pastel-colored golf shirts. I always wear clear nail polish, keep my face clean shaved, my hair is growing long, I always use scented body lotion. Sometimes, I will us VS Pink or Britney perfume.

Just look for a gay guy and follow his lead.

Really, use your imagination. I wear wonen's jeans whenever I wear jeans. Not because they are feminine but because they are less baggy. I wear panties but nobody sees them. I wear clear nail polish most of the time. I am clean shaven and keep my sideburns short. I trim my eyebrows to make them less bushy. I have pierced ears and wear "unisex" earrings.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I pretty much dress complete feminine in guy mode. I completely under dress fem. For the out side. girl slacks or jeans. girl sweater, girl boots. I even have a girl fur coat that doesn't attract to much attention. Sometimes I will wear a short wig, that's unisex in style. Whats cool about it, my wife approves. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I shave my entire body smooth, toe nails painted all fall, winter and spring, womens jeans Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda to be exact. Panties, 24/7, bras, socks, scented body washes. Shirts are hard to find, but still looking!

Silver Member
    There are many items that can be considered androgynous, and if you find the correct size for your body, most attire will make you feel feminine without drawing attention to yourself in public. Lingerie (underdressing) is a given and no one would know unless you tell or you are in a mishap where your clothes are removed. Jeans/slacks can be worn, but most girl jeans have much smaller pockets - a reason to carry a cross body purse (messenger bag). In cooler weather wearing a plain color or small striped femme blouse with a sweater over it will look natural. For shoes consider wearing women's loafers or low heel wedges in darker colors. Add a zippered jacket or hoodie, stud earrings, light makeup, perfume, and polish your nails for a more femme look. As for hair styles - a good professional stylist can do wonders to give you a unisex look - maybe with a "bob" for short hair, or even a mild perm for longer hair. Some fashion lines between gals and guys can be blurred, but only you know what will be comfortable for you to wear. Enjoy.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I wear panties all the time (usually VS), keep my legs and pits shaved, polished toenails (when concealed), I wear women's bootcut Levi's (look is similar to men's, but a much better fit for me), knee-high patterned socks, I use clear mascara (adds length and isn't obvious), and I wear a bra when I can get away with it.
    Most of these are easy to keep to yourself if you are careful. My SO knows, which makes thing easier for me.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I don't choose to blend my gendered selves, but in some ways we have no choice if we are going to jump easily from one to the other. Eyebrows, finger nails, earrings, and skincare can't be turned on and off.

The one part we can control is style. Eliminate the baggy male style. Add color with flair. If you are in good shape, show it off. If not, hide it as your femme self would. Then start the subtle changes. Women's V-neck sweaters are cut deeper than men's. Jeans are cut differently. Belt buckles are shaped differently. Then look at hair style. Women's loafers are subtlety different.

Little by little is is possible to present a completely ambiguous gender at first blush.

Thanks for this thread! I am new to this and these suggestions are fantastic. These ideas will help me progress along the road I wish I would have taken many years ago.
    Monica

With the cold weather it is so much easier to dress and blur the lines. There are slacks and jeans that can be worn and still look ok. There are sweaters that are fem and can cover the tell tale signs of a blouse underneath. Most of my everyday shoes are woman's shoes also, a couple of pairs of sneakers, clogs a pair of dress shoes, low heel boots. I also have the nails clear coated and usually a stud in both ears.
    I think I pull it off pretty well. Believe it or not the shoes are the item that I get noticed on more than anything. At this point I really don't care. If anyone asks I say whats the difference, they fit and I like them.

Even male clothes can be somewhat "feminine" these days. I just got a great slim-fit male shirt with a cute floral design from Forever 21 online. I wear a lot of skinny jeans too, and just a little jewelry. And while most of my clothes tend to be on the dark side, I love cute, brightly colored socks.
    Peace and love, - Christy

I didn't know that there was such a thing. Just dress the way you feel.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    This time of year I always have my toes painted and usually change the polish once a week. From my neck down I try to always be hairless and well moisturized. For the most part 24/7 and 365 I use woman's deodorant, I wash with Olay effects body wash and a loofa, I follow a woman's facial regimen, all Olay regenerist products, including the tinted CC cream, my fingernails are always well maintained and my cuticles are well maitained, trimmed, and pushed back. I also keep my eyebrows trimmed and shaped, I don't over pluck but I also use the Olay lash and lid combo when needed. Sometimes I underdress but it is not as frequent as it used to be before my wife became more comfortable and accepting of my dressing. My workout in the gym has become less weight intensive and geared more toward my abs and cardio. And last of all I always have 2 sets of earrings in 1 set of hoops and 1 set of studs!

Like many here I stay shaved, wear toe nail polish, have my eyebrows shaped and sometimes wear light make up. That is about as far as I can go without being obvious.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm the same as others have mentioned. I shave off all of my body hair and I paint my toenails with color. I paint my shaped fingernails with shiny clear. I trim my eyebrows to a "fairly thin" and "slightly arched" shape. I have both ears pierced once. I underdress with panties and a bra (a seamless microfiber type one). My clothes are almost always women's except they are somewhat unisex in style. I wear women's tees with slightly scooped necklines and capped sleeves. I wear girl's fitted jeans and my tennis shoes are white with pink accents. In the winter I wear women's hoodies that are girly but they're not "too in your face". I often wear a fem style baseball cap too.

I'm sure people notice that I am male but my clothes and look is pretty girly, but that's ok I like how I look, and I don't care if people think I'm gay or sissy or whatever. No one has ever challenged me, only a few looks up and down is the worst that's ever happened.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Well, being completely smooth all over and wearing only panties for the last 10 years it's been fairly easy.
    All of my jeans are from the women's department as are my socks, quite a few t-shirts and most of my sneakers. Add to that my earrings (both ears double pierced), my shaped eyebrows and the lip gloss I wear...it's been quite easy to be me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I go to uni and tend to drink quite heavily on nights out , so I don't underdress in case I pass out and need to go ambulance or something. However:

• I have one pair of women's jeans
    • i'm gradually replacing my socks with womens socks
    • I use hand cream to soften my hands
    • I may get an entire skincare regime going on
    • I've worn a woman's shirt as a top before.
    • I normally wear women's converse

Does anyone have some ideas for shoes? Mine are becoming quite battered at the moment and I can't stand the thought of getting male shoes. Luckily I'm a UK size 6 so I have mini woman feet.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I usually have my toes painted red even in summer, but concealed except when dressed enfem. Completely shaved, fingernails are about 1/4" beyond my fingertips with clear polish. I wear panties, and womens thin sheer trouser socks with an ankle bracelet which peeks through the sheerness and keeps me cognizant of how I sit and the view to others. I try to keep my hands softened with cream often as well......Funny, I feel crossdressed when in male mode ???
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn