Thread: A work in progress

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar

A work in progress

It has been slightly less than 8 weeks. Since I came out to my wife. If you have read my initial post of coming out to my wife. I've comment on a few others threads, about this.
    Has it been a relief for me,,yes. For my wife, yes in that I am happier. " by coming out you have changed the energy of this house for the better" My wifes quote. But I know this hasn't been an easy time for her. There are still the lingering,,,When's the next shoe going to fall? Quite understandable, after the amount of time I lived a lie.
    She is an amazingly adaptable , women. One that i admire with awe, each thing she has encounter and over come with a resolve that would break most men. We have set our Boundries, and they have been adjusted as needed.
    She is so helpful to me in finding the balance point Aretha needs. I know there are benefits to this coalescing of Aretha/I . We do joke around more. We laugh, talk. And by letting my feminine emotions come more to the forefront . I see and sense better. The confusion I have caused. Yes there is still the visual, of her man in girlie underwear. Yes I know it is such a sensory overload at times for her.
    But I am now so much more hopeful of our future together. But this is only because of our past(the trials and tribulations tempered in the fires of our life together) If it wasn't for that history, and the things we endured together. We could well be on our way separately.
    So to those contemplating coming out. It is full of bumps in the road, of a road never traveled before. I came out for my own reason, and circumstances. As my wife said , You now own it. Yes iam a transgendered crossdresser. My life is now more satisfying and fulfilled. I just hope this new chapter in our lives , is as fulfilling for wife also. I know it will never be the same for her, I just hope it is happier for her.
    Nothing soothes me more than hearing my wife laugh and then say "Hey Aretha It's getting a little foggy in here" And I know she views our household , as a lot happier place to be now. Hugs Aretha
    Last edited by Christina Kay; 11-30-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Platinum Member
    I'm glad that things are working for the two,of you. Early though it is, you're off to a good start.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Each journey begins with a small step - and you both have begun yours in a positive direction! Continue the communication and discussions, be understanding, accepting of each others needs, take time to relax enjoying each other and the moment.

Aretha,
    Now that your focus has been changed, do not overwhelm her with the less savoury bits .
    Just temper them back until acceptance kicks in.
    This can take longer than a year or more.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank you for sharing your story! I am so happy for both of you. You are an inspiration for me.
    Monica

I really enjoyed reading your story! Knowing the road ahead is full of curve's and potholes it's quite easy to see the safest and quickest way to get there is by taking it easy and slow! Steady as she goes!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thank you Aretha. Yes, there is a number of bumps and humps in the road combined with feelings and emotions for both of you to control and overcome. As the saying goes "time heals all" and by taking it slowly and communicating together time is certainly working for you. Keep up the good work.

I'm very happy for you!! Stories like yours remind me to always keep the communication open with my lovely wife.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Aretha,

I am so glad that things are working out for and your lovely wife. Yes it is a bumpy road but you have both weathered it well and are now ready to move forward.

Hugs

Isha