Thread: Garter Belts

Garter Belts

hey there, i have a few garter belts, and corsets with garters and i love wearing them with thigh highs.... problem is that i cant seem to master hooking the garters in the back... does anyone have any tips or suggestionsi can try

thanks

Oh Jen I know the difficulties your going through. Been there experienced that hon. All I can say is 'patience'. Go slow. Look at the pic on the package they came in. Study it. Take 10 breaths. Calm your pretty self. And pay attention to detail. Dangerous territory for us all. Over time you'll get used to it. Will become 2nd nature, you'll see.

OR...invite me over. I'll put em on for you if ya want bae.

(nooo just kidding! lol...believe me over just a little bit of time you'll be ok with the intricacies of expressing your feminine self)

I have a 6 garter, garter belt. The best way to do the back one for me is, Release the back strap to the longest length. Then reach between your legs and clip. Then re-adjust the garter strap to the length you desire. Works for me. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Thigh highs aren't made for garters. They're too thick at the top. Once you get regular nylons made for garter belt it will be much easier. I fastened the back of mine with one hand the other day.

Here are some tips. lower the garter belt so you don't have to stretch so far to fasten. Twist the top of the hose toward the front temporarily for an easier reach.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

The little snaps won't work with thigh high stockings which have elastic built into the tops to keep them up - you have to buy a pair of stockings intended to be worn with garters. Then the easiest way to attach them is to press the stocking against the little rubber circular thingie and slid it into the clip, got it?
    Last edited by windycissy; 12-01-2013 at 06:20 PM.

maybe i should have been more specific, there not the ones with the elastic top that are meant to stay up on thier own... i have a few pairs of those but dont wear them with garters

I attach them before I put either on... A lot less frustrating for me.

Heh..I have a 6-strap one I used with my last (or first really? ) outfit. Victoria's Secret
    Still I knew about the thigh highs not supposed to be working with it..but I made it work, darn it
    While troublesome, just takes
    1: patience to get it hooked (as described by others) and
    2: get it hooked in the 'right place' for the back.
    Ended up with hand cramps several times the first time trying it...

Now if I could've got a matching bra for that...(garter no problem..may have actually needed size smaller..)
    but bras to match I think stopped a size or 2 below what I'd need.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Just practice.

Did I mention practice?
    Well you will get there with a little bit of practice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A mistake I've made is pushing the rubber insert in too far. The grooves in the rubber insert have to line up with the metal clasp before pushing it in. Push the rubber in too far and it won't align.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

The other girls have hit the important points. Thigh highs are not really intended to be gartered as the thick band is a problem to clasp. Lots of practice will help; not unlike acquiring the skill to clasp a bra behind your back rather than in front and rotating.

There is a lot to be said about the actual clasps themselves. Metal ones hold much better than plastic as they do not deform and release the stocking.

Finally, a nice pair of stockings will work better than the thigh highs so looks like some shopping might be in order

Hugs, Robin

I hook them first before putting them on. I lay them out on the bed and carefully step into them ( the garter) roll the hose so my foot goes into the depth of the toe and then work both legs up. I have also used thigh highs if I hook them first and use this method. Some thigh highs are not as thick at the tops and can be used successfully. Any way you can work a garter on is fine. If I'm doing my press on nails then I put the garter and hose on first. It is much harder with longer nails...