Thread: I certainly don't see this as BAD news!

I certainly don't see this as BAD news!

I have been having some medical issues lately that I will not go into details about. One of the side- effects of one of the meds I was on is weight gain, so I was prepared for that and started monitoring my intake a bit more carefully. even so, I think I've been putting on a few pounds. when I look down, I just looked a bit heavier.

I had to see the Dr. today and you get weighed before the consultation. strangely enough, I have LOST a few pounds.

one of the reasons I made the visit was because of some strange soreness in my chest, and a racing heart rate. Of course, he did an EKG to rule out any heart issues. next we suspected a side-effect of a drug I've been on for about 6 months, so we looked into the details. Sure enough, one of the possible side-effects is breast growth and chest soreness in men!

So even though I'd lost weight, I was looking heavier to myself because when I looked down I can now see a good bit more tissue there.

The Dr. told me that it is nothing to worry about medically, but also can't really tell me how far it will go. Secretly, I am hoping it keeps going for a long time.

As it is, I still don't have enough to even begin to fill a bra, but when I wear a B cup to give them some shape I can certainly see the rounded shape of them under my shirt. I have also been noticing that I've been a lot more comfortable lately with a sport bra on, to reduce some of the chaffing.

So who knows... maybe by Summer I will really have something to show off! At the very least, I have got to pick up a few more sport bras so I can wear them more regularly (something I have already spoken to my wife about and she has no problems with).
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Let's just hope it's not bad news and things work out the way you desire! But remember all too often our desire is the main thing that grows and then we are headed for disappointment! Just saying! I hope that wont be your case!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Well it is a good side effect for folk like us. I hope that what ever it is that you are being treated for is ok as well. Your health is the main thing. The extra surprise up top is just icing on the cake (or ummm.... muffins! LOL)
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Cristi,
    Sometimes side effects can be advantageous especially as they are what you describe.
    Just tell the doctor you don't mind one little bit.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I was diagnosed with BPH years ago and started taking medications to relieve the symptoms. The medications began to lose their effectiveness and my Doctor decided to try me on Finasteride in the hope that it would result in some actual shrinkage. Finasteride is also sold as Proscar for treating male pattern baldness. For MPB the dosage is 1mg per day while for BPH it is 5mg per day. At the 5mg dosage breast growth is a possibility.

I hadn’t been on Finasteride very long before I noticed tenderness in my breast and they definitely looked to be rounder – I definitely had high hopes. The tenderness quite intense and even my shirt brushing against my breasts was exciting – I had great difficulty keeping my hands off my chest. I have to say, with a great deal of disappointment, that the increased sensitivity and minor growth were transitory in nature, but I got to enjoy it for about a year.

Can’t say that your experience will be the same but our bodies to acclimate to some medications and the medication's side effects minimize or even disappear altogether. Hopefully the beneficial effects of the medications also don’t wane. My advice is enjoy it while you can and keep your fingers crossed that the pleasant side effects remain.
    Last edited by Barbra P; 12-10-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Babs

Carbs are the main cause of overweight, i.e. sugar and equivalents and most grains, especially when refined. Natural fat is NOT a cause of overweight. Meds often cause all kinds of problems, sometimes overweight. Natural is best. Too much greed in the present system, meaning intentional misinformation.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Yea! That's awesome! I have gone out of my way to find products and medications that are suspect to causing gynecomastia! and along with a few other regiments I do daily.... I have grown a very convincing pair of female looking breasts.... I just didn't want larges man-boobs....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Cristi,

Not wishing to make light of your condition, but what is the active ingredient in the meds that causes breast growth? I see a fortune to be made on this site alone .

I'm on steroids and immune suppression for at least another year. I shaved my legs a few months back and I appear to have developed alopecia of the lower leg. Neither has any hair below the knee but strangely, it grows above. Freaky....but nice too! Wish I could apply this to my Fred Flintstone chin!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Interesting thread. I recently had drugs go wrong also causing estrogen levels to rise and gynecomastia. But rather be sad, I kind of like them. I've also lost 50 pounds before the drug episode, so my body is looking good for this now.

The problem comes when I go to getting dressed, the nips are hard erect and visible. had to change clothes because of nip chafing. I've been trying to cover them wasting sine of my clothes budget on compression shirts. Of course my wife took me to buy my first bra last week.