Thread: Internet

Internet

Went online today and google my CD name ( GlendaFar) sure enough the 2nd page came up a flickr web site with pics of from 2007. I had forgotten about them and can't get them off and I don't care anyways who sees them.

But if anyone doesn't want people to find out about don't post pics you don't seen. Just saying.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I post a lot of pictures and if you google "Candice mae" none of my pictures show up. If you google "Candice mae Crossdressers.com" only my avatar shows up. You can post pictures you just have to be smart about it, use private settings on your photo sharing account and delete pictures after a couple months. Also there is a lot of us on here that are hard to identify by our pictures, if you post a male picture from the same account delete it. Also pictures posted in the main "MTF crossdressers" section are able to be google searched, were as the "Photo and video gallery" section are not.

I even keep a my youtube account locked down.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 12-04-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Anything you put on the Internet is out of your control once you post it. Photos, e-mails, whatever. Even if you think you've deleted it, it's on a backup somewhere and someone might have copied it and saved it or reposted it. If it's important that others not see or read something, don't post it.

That said, it's also possible for someone to create things about you using photo editing software that never really happened. It's not even difficult. Someone could easily put your head on a female body (nude or dressed) and add a wig and makeup, then post it on the Internet or print it and pass it around. Someone could take an email you wrote, edit it, then repost it.

If you're not easily recognizable in your CD photos and don't use your male name or any obvious variation of it, don't list your town or country, it's not a great risk to post photos but remember, things can happen where you can't delete them later. They are out of your control.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I did a search on "Kate Simmons" and didn't find much as it seems there are a lot of other Kate Simmon's out there. When I was simply known as "Salandra" it brought me to this site. Rule of thumb is don't post anything you don't want the world to see.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    If you google my screen name that I use on car forums, the first 3 pages of pics are my car. My name on here doesn't return to anything on me, but I wouldn't care if it did. If I was worried about being outed, I wouldn't post. I can't wait to be out, which will happen sometime soon

On here, I have only used my handle name and nickname. I haven't used my regular name on any of the crossdressing sites either. So unless they start attaching real names to posts then I have nothing to worry about, well at least for now anyway.

oh gawd! i will keep that in mind :S

Glenda,
    I am always giving people advice like that.
    Search engines are getting more sophisticated.
    Computers and users, easily sought out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The Internet is forever. A 4- star general just warned young people to be careful what they post in social media. He is afraid that many of the best and brightest won't be able to get security clearances when they eventually join the military.

I find it a bit ironic that he is telling people to hide behavior that otherwise would be a factor in their clearances! He's not telling them to avoid the behavior!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I don't care if I was outted by my pics I just wanted to let the new girls know. I've been doing this for over 50yrs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

It's all good advice. You really need to think about info you are trying to hide or protect when netting.
    And between google and a few other web archival sites.. It never disappears. Can still dig up some older garish geocities and altavista web pages if wanted to... It's amazing how much is there.
    I've done all this for some time (since before WWWeb times on 1200 dialup ) although it's really not mattered as much to me recently.
    Even the few pics I've posted, it really wouldn't take much to truly figure me out (a name or at least one of my other handles). But in my case I'm not as worried. Technically I'm not really hiding much from friends and family.. Too few to really be an issue. I think there have been some hints from them recently anyways that they suspect. But they're pretty open minded (and some more 'alternative') to start with so it's not a big thing.

But others that have more to protect and deal with really need to be careful.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I just summoned up enough courage to add an avatar to this site. As paranoid as I am about my privacy, I am having second thoughts.

googled Sallee Moore and my facebook page came up Thats ok who really cares anyway except us. I don't think anyone would mention it directly to me If they did I guess I may deny but maybe not depends on the person and place
    I don't use the last name in many places and it isn't real so they would have to recognize the pretty face I am to old to care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee