Thread: Wedding coming up and I so want to dress up

Unhappy Wedding coming up and I so want to dress up

I'm invited to a wedding this weekend and I really wish I could wear a pretty dress instead of a suit.
    It is a wedding of my godson and most of my old friends (40 + years) will be there. Boy, if I walked in as Nikki I think there would be a need for the paramadics, since I think nobody there would ever think it. I know I won't since I don't want to take away from the bride and groom's day.
    However if I did at another occasion I think that I would be accepted by most if not all of them.
    More of a vent than anything, but is there an occasion that you would love to but know that you could never dress at.

It's way to late, but always fantasized about going to prom dressed up!

oh yeah... the prom dress on prom night fantasy...

anywho...

just this summer i was best man at my best friend's wedding and this happened for me...

the yearning to get dolled up in a lovely dress ... but it could not be... bah!

always a best man never a bridesmaid!
    Last edited by Mink; 12-05-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: changed the wording a bit

Not really Nikki,
    I get my opportunities a t parties sometimes.
    Being outgoing I usually survey the situation first and then go all the way if the mood permits.
    A wedding is not the place to come out as there is an eclectic mix of people and all you do is spoil it for the oldies.
    Younger ones go along for a hoot and have a very different good time to most staid relatives who are invited.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wanted to do my class reunion. It was planned, by my wife and I. But another thing came up and I couldn't attend. Maybe next year. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

the class reunion idea always seems fun... though i wonder if people would think you have transitioned into becoming a woman?? ... that'd be quite the shocker! ... i think for me people would almost be like "that seems about right!" with them knowing how weird i was back in high school haha

You will get your chance again my friend. I was happy that you were able to attend the one en femme a couple of years ago.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Look at it as an opportunity to study makeup, dresses, jewelry, and shoes, and try to guess what type lingerie they are wearing. By the time you get through all that it will be over.

Yeah, that would be, well, more than fun. I've thought about that way more than a time or two. Prom, Homecoming, reunions, funerals. weddings. You name it. I agree with you that its best not to upstage the bride. It is her day. But, if you get another chance in another circumstance, I say go for it.

so do I

I would just love to go to a wedding as my alter ego
    I have the perfect outfit and shoes to die for all diamonte with diamote covered straps just dont know any one havin a wedding that knows me as Roli .
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

A wedding is about the bride and groom, not about the guests. It would be very wrong to go as a guest to a wedding and take attention away from them.

Your own wedding - feel free, do what you want. Someone else's - don't disrespect them, don't do it.
    Last edited by linda allen; 12-05-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

well said Linda. Respect others

Hello Nikki

It looks good on you if you exercise restraint and go as a male. It doesn't do to steal the show.

The only males that can get away with this are the groom and a male bride's attendant she has asked to wear a dress, but perhaps I read too many stories.

I would love to be a bridesmaid one day...maybe I will get the chance....

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I've had that same thought, Nikki. I even did a photo thread along those lines!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    A wedding is about the bride and groom, not about the guests. It would be very wrong to go as a guest to a wedding and take attention away from them.

Your own wedding - feel free, do what you want. Someone else's - don't disrespect them, don't do it.
    I agree with That !
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I never said that I would do it at this wedding out of respect for my godson and the families. But I wish I could, besides I'm one of the oldies that will be attending. But would it ever blow a few minds if I just came dressed LOL.
    Yes I have gone to a wedding dressed previously, but it was a different situation, a different crowd and I also had gotten the OK from the brides and the people who had invited me way before the wedding.

I'm with you Nikki, I'd love to get dressed up for a wedding sometime. Would even love to wear a bride's maid dress sometime, it's one of my dream outfits. Will never happen in public for me though.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    I also attended a wedding while dressed. The groom was a crossdresser and went as the bride. Quite a few other male guests dressed in support. It was fun!

The occasion for me would be any day I wake up. The fantasy of wearing a prom dress or bridesmaids dress, or some other formal gown everyday, wherever I go has been spinning around in my head [since there's nothing else in there ] since I was a kid. How outrageous would it be to walk down the aisle of a supermarket dressed to the nines, and not have people commenting. What would life be without our fantasies.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

My gf and I, somewhat jokingly, thought that if we ever get married, it would be fun to each cross dress for the wedding.

If I had the right friends, I would love to have the opportunity to go to a wedding dressed as my femme self. That a fantasy I've had for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    A wedding is about the bride and groom...
    What Linda said, except that it's really just about the bride. Anything that draws attention away from her is unwelcome at a wedding!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by PatChick View Post
    It's way to late, but always fantasized about going to prom dressed up!
    This.

I never even went to my "prom" as it wasn't really my thing at the time, but I really fantasised about going there in something like the dress pictured...

I would have shook people to the very core!
    Attached Images Attached Images