Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Out Are You?

I'm out to my wife my brother has seen me dressed but I don 't think he know the extent of my dressing. My 96 year old mother live with us and I have gone around with makup and nail polish she never said anything and she is still very sharp. Sometime I get the feeling that my daughter is aware someting is going on. She has been over to the house and seen somecloths in the basement and made coment to my wife that she liked some of my things and wanted to take them as she has never seen my wife wear them. My wife has come up with some excuse that it is tne only thing like that that she has for those special ocasions

I am out to my wife, mother and sister and many friends. I go out in public about once a week and love it! My son is ten and does not know yet. I am going to tell my 2 older daughters that don't live with me probably in April. I would be totally out but my wife is not comfortable with that. So I respect her wishes while trying to be me! I am transgendered and proud of it!
    Suzanne

I am out to my wife and a few of our very close friends. Other than that, I'm pretty comfy here as I have a pretty big closet.

Platinum Member
    I see a lot of similarities between my 'outness' and yours. I'm fully out to my wife and step daughter, my sons know but we keep that part out ogpf the father-son dynamic, and I'm out to several neighbors, friends, and business associates. Basically, I'm out where it's most compatible with my life, and closeted where it might cause problems.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well I am out of the closet but not out of the house, my wife and my older two sons know I wear female cloths. I have yet to fully dress.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

On a "one to ten"---I'd say I'm at 8 1/2.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I am out only to my wife. No one else knows.

All the way now hon and it's a wonderful relief!! Guess it was a necessary next move after starting HRT. It was the right thing to do and for me much easier than I ever thought it would be, at least so far.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Out only to the wife, though I think the adult kids might suspect. I never venture out in public. I identify as male.

I'm out to you all(on crossdressers.com) but not anyone else. In fact, all of my best friends are so homophobic that I'll probably never come out to them(at least, not on purpose). That goes for my family as well...and I'm sure they're wondering why I have yet to get a girlfriend/wife/woman. I dream of traveling to another city, somewhere like San Francisco, and dress up all of the time and be my true self, not the manly shell I'm forced to wear.

Okay, putting away the violin.

I am out to everyone of significance in my life, spouse, son, sister, most nieces and nephews, all of my close friends, etc. So far no-one has had a problem and they are comfortable with me either way.

The folks I am not out to are those who only know me as a woman.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    Hmmm...unless I am misreading it, one question is being missed and that is how you identify. I identify as Transgender. It gives me a nice, free pass as it is open ended. Once I am done with work, I am me roughly 90% of the time with the main variance being when I am around family members that don't know yet. Plus I have a few interactions on a side business and some of those are pretty drab.

So how out am I? My wife and two daughters know, but not my son. He is on the east coast and I haven't seen him for a few years. He will know when I see him in person. Same with my birth family. I always said that as I see them face to face, I will tell them. That seems to be going pretty slow and that may change my mind. Some in-laws know and most friends. And since I do all my running around and fun outside of work, anyone who sees me regularly knows.

The only time I am in "man drag", as a friend recently put it, is when I am doing physical labor, fixings things; therefore, being a man in a traditional role. Otherwise, I am dressed in women's clothes of some sort, out in public at parties, getting groceries, or simply meeting a friend for a chat, etc. So I guess I'm out...period. And I am so grateful for living in such an accepting community.

Only the wife knows but the kids must also know by now or strongly suspect something.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

"Out" to people or "out" of the house? Some folks answered one, others answered the other.

I am "out" to my wife but nobody else. Once you start telling others, you've lost control of who knows so you may be out to the world eventually. A wife should be expected to keep your secret if you want it to be a secret.

I've been out of the house but not where anyone is likely to recognize me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Only my wife, and the strangers that see me when I venture out in public.

Nobody knows...shhh...
    But my roommate will be out of town for the next month, so I plan on spending more time en femme. New clothes and shoes and jewelery.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Hmmm...unless I am misreading it, one question is being missed and that is how you identify.
    Totally missed that part. I am gender-fluid

i'm not out to anybody. unless you count internet 'friends'.

when i was younger i was terrified of anyone knowing. maybe because i didn't know what/why i was feeling and didn't know anything about CDs/TGs etc. i felt alone and like some kind of pervy freak.

well maybe i am just a pervy freak, but nowadays i don't think i care so much about what anyone else in my social circle thinks, but i still don't want my wife or kids to know about my CDing so i keep it under wraps just as a precaution in case the news ever got back to them somehow.