Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On my own again

Follow your dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirae View Post
    You know an older friend of mine (not CD, I GUARANTEE that) got divorced after 37 years of marriage. This is a really nice guy, too. He told me, and I believe him, that he didn't see it coming. He was a good provider. They raised two great kids together who are both very successful and long out of the house. 37 years. Just out of the blue one day she said she wanted a divorce. Seems she had been seeing another guy (who she worked with) for well over a year. I believe my friend when he says he never had any suspicions. He's not that kind of person. He's real "churchy", not that there's anything wrong with that. He's just a really trusting type of person. He would give you the shirt off his back. High morals and all that kind of stuff.

Needless to say he was devastated for a long time. Just about to the point of a nervous breakdown. He was an ex-smoker who had been off cigarettes for more than 30 years. He started smoking again. Still does.

My point is that they had a great life. BEAUTIFUL house. All the money in the world. Took vacations and cruises. He thought all was well. It just seems that some people (can be either the guy OR the girl) sometimes just fall out of love for no apparent reason. They maybe start wondering what else is out there. I think, when it happens, it happens a lot in the latter midlife stages. Maybe it is a midlife crisis kind of thing.

My friend made it back. It took awhile. Quite a while. But he made it back. He's remarried now. I'm sure you'll get there, too. Just hang in there.
    I can believe that some people (male or female) can become discontent with even the best partner. Fact is that "nice" doesn't always appeal to everyone. Some people get bored and want a challenge because (unfortunately) they see nice & safe = boring. Sad but true.

When there's divorce in a relationship we automatically assume the CDing is the cause. 60% of marriages break - most do not include a cd.

I would do anything possible to save my marriage, I'm not sure my wife wants to save it, I don't like to think she would do it but I sometimes wonder if there's someone else involved. That's the only reason I can come up with as to how she would so quickly end what I thought was a wonderful marriage. I hope she just needs time to process what I told her then maybe she will at least talk to me about it.

Rick,
    Sorry things went South for you .. What we do isn't so easy for loved ones to deal with let alone ourselves..Communication is the key from the start of any relationship and you really can not take all the fault on this.. Sure ,you didn't tell her from the start and I am sure you had ( in your own defense) your own reason..

I know everyone of us want to tell the world about ourselves but it's kinda hard to do when you know nothing as to why we do what we do.. So you made a false impression that left out something that could have been a deal breaker in a relationship..That really doesn't change who you were other than the fetish desires you are still ...Well...You..

Take this "alone time" and dedicate it to yourself..Learn who you are and get a better understanding of what drives you..This will make you a more confident person as a whole .. We sweep our desires so deep in the closet that we ourselves sometimes believe they do not exist ...It's a secret that is so well protected that we think the world would end if it gets out..It doesn't ,what it does is open new doors and different ways we deal with the issue..

Good luck I've been there myself and I know the pain you are feeling.. In time it gets better and you will emerge a stronger person..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.