Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife gave me a "challenge"

Gone to live my life
    Well done Flowergirl.

Hugs

Isha

Congrats on getting out, you beat the challenge. A couple of people in the thread noted that the supermarket is actually a great place to go if you think you are overdressed. Lots of people on their way to or from formal events stop at the market for any number of purchases.

Nice job! That was, for lack of a better word, ballsy.

I have wanted to test that theory...less noticeable in a crowded place, but frankly I'm too big of a chicken.

As for being overdressed for a movie, I would have swapped the skirt for a pair of skinny jeans so as not to draw attention with my wife around, but I figured if it's just me going out, I might as well dress how I like!

Very well done Flowergirl. While I agree it sounds like you were over dressed, I have seen more outrageous things in the grocery stores.

You said that your wife was surprised that you actually went out, was this your first solo outing?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    One of the great things about going to a grocery store is that people stop there before going out somewhere or after having been out to some place. Thus, they are dressed in all sorts of ways. My exeperience has been that almost no one pays any attention to you as they all have things that they are looking for.
    This is true, Carole! I once stopped off at a grocery store on my way home from the Black Crown, at the request of my fiancee. Absolutely no one said a word. (I even had to use the ladies' room while I was there!) In fact, I had been to that same grocery store earlier that day, in guy mode...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Real CD's
    I'm seaching for the "Like" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Michellegryl View Post
    Very well done Flowergirl. While I agree it sounds like you were over dressed, I have seen more outrageous things in the grocery stores.

You said that your wife was surprised that you actually went out, was this your first solo outing?
    It was my first time in a store by myself other than at Halloween. I go to the post office at night by myself often, and I also will return movies to redbox, but there is rarely anyone around. I have been out to the movies a couple of times with my wife, but we are both afraid of running into someone we know and being recognized. People probably wouldn't recognize me by myself...not that I am that passable, I am sure I'm a dead giveaway, but my wife and I are always seen together, and that is how people usually recognize us. Unfortunately for me, I live in a small conservative town, and to make things worse, we own our own retail business, so a lot of people know us that we wouldn't even recognize.

Banned Read only
    How in the world does a crossdresser get overdressed? I think the boots were just the right touch with the mini! Not only are you brave Flowergirl, your daring. I remember the first time I traveled abroad in full female regalia. Going through an airport with all the security checks and x-rays was pretty scary, but I'm glad I didn't go for the overly-mature-conservative look. That would have been so boring.

I've been called a cheap **** a couple of times. My response, I'm not cheap!

Congrats on your accomplishment. I went out sort of in femme one Halloween night. I decided to go as a Hooters girl. I bought a complete set and convinced my friend to go as well. I wore nothing but pantyhose under the little orange shorts. The girls thought it was awesome. My friend didn't have any hose so I gave him my extra pair. He ended up loving the feeling of the hose. It was an amazing night.

Nice, sounds like fun

Come to think of it my very first outing was to a super stop and shop.
    It was 2 in the morning so I only encountered a couple of stockers at I distance and the check out girl. I bought a lipstick she complemented me on the color. It turned out well but I was terrified ! Plus I was far from home. I never could have done it at my home town market during regular hours! Kudos girl !

I remember my very first time out...I was an absolute nervous wreck! But something happenned right after that......it got easier and esier to go out dressed and now its almost a non issue. I go out dressed at least twice a week now and it never ever gets old. I love it and never plan to stop

The worst part of going outside for the first time can be in the anticipation, the fear that you expect to feel. The moment I closed the front door behind me and stepped out into the evening air for my first time I was amazed at just how normal and non-scary it was. I had intended to just walk up and down my quiet street then quickly go home again but I ended up spending about 40 minutes on busy-ish streets where there was always quite a few people and, of course, lots of cars going by. It felt good but also so very natural.

Way to go flower one small step like that will lead to really big ones later

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Looking back - Did you really not enjoy being in that queue. Was there anyone behind you ?
    ~S~
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Gold Member
    About 4 years ago, I received some DD forms in the mail. Upon my wife seeing them
    started laughing, saying I wanted to look like Dolly Pardon.
    I said no, I just wanted a larger look.
    So she dared me; Find a huge set of forms, (I did, a size 24)) and wear them for 14 days
    with out taking them off except to shower.
    OK!!! this was one bet i could not walk away from. I had to order a size "M: bra, very hard
    to find, and I put it on. WOW!!! I almost fell over. I was gratefully that it was the tale end of winter,
    Early March, so I could wear large heave shirts over this huge bra.
    Well I did the bet and won; I could keep the bra and form, and got to chose where we where going
    on Vacation.
    Rader

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Size M bra ?!?!?! What do they make it from Canvas Sail cloth from a tall ship ? I'm surprised you did't affect the tilt of the earths axis.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

That is great. Glad you could do it. want to feel better about yourself go to wal-mart. You would likely be the best dressed person there.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

You go girl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]