Thread: Gender Identity

Gender Identity

So I have been curious, (no pun intended) about others gender Identity. After really spending some time with my therapist discussing this I identify as gender-queer, or Bi-gender. What about you lovely ladies?
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

While I say that I have gender identity questions, my therapist says that I have identified myself as being male who likes to wear womens clothing.

Not "gender anything" really. I gave all that up for just doing it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Ahhhh! Another label for us. Who cares as I'm a guy who likes to dress fem whenever I can and when I do love to entertain men. You can label that and then what difference does it make.

Platinum Member
    take your pic, there seems to be an ever proliferating array of terms - some emerging from professionals and others from the general vernacular.

In my case, I'm perfectly happy with the term transgendered, without trying to put too fine a point on it. Five years ago, I would have insisted that I was simply a cross dresser. The words and implications haven't changed as much as my perception of self and what I'm willing to accept about my gender identity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Me - 110% male, 40% female.

Just realized why I work 1 & 1/2 times harder than anyone else
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    Me - 110% male, 40% female.

Just realized why I work 1 & 1/2 times harder than anyone else
    I think you kiwis do math a little differently
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Valarie,
    You have just given me another reason not to consult a therapist.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Brandy 4476
    I live at the corner of nowhere and BFE lol
    I never sought therapy but i know im a man just like the way i look in womens clothes .

Hmm. When I'm dressed I definitely feel more girly, but who I am doesn't change.
    I still like the same things whether I'm dressed or not, and they are a mixed bag of stuff from both sides.

Gone to live my life
    I have spent considerable time with my therapist discussing this "identity" thing. She is not apt to apply labels even though we both agree I am TG/CD. My identity is simply "me" whether it is femme clothes or boy clothes.

Hugs

Isha

Gender identity. What a 20th century concept. Consider; are you straight, or are you bi, or are you gay? What if you're gay but used to be straight? Or if you're straight but used to be bi? Gender is a bell curve, with enough variations that there's no way to define them. I define myself like I define my drink. Straight up, with a twist.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

In the last couple of years, I have come to more or less accept the "tg" mantle. I didn't like it before, because the perception of the term is generally considered negative, at least in the bible belt where I live. I am a man for 99.99% of my life, and a manly man at that. Lol ...However, the rest of me is a woman, and a womanly one. ...I don't dress for entertainment value, I don't wear anything outlandish or have outlandish makeup (except for the being a guy part.) I dress to be a girl. I'm just as happy in my women's jeans and t-shirt as I am in my dress because I feel comfortable in them on a spiritual and emotional level. ...if I had a choice, would I have been a female? ...probably. But I have no plans to transition. It's all a very gray area to me.

I identified as Trans-something or another for years. My therapist made a comment that "it would take a lot to make me think you aren't transgendered" a couple of weeks ago

It is difficult sometimes to decide... lol ...I won't say I don't "peek" into the other parts of the forum from time to time. ...if the social mores (how do you do that "AC-sannnt" symbol? Lol) weren't there .....but at the end of the day, I usually just consider the fallout... and realize that I don't/won't/couldn't "pass" and just deal with it by being me sometimes.
    Last edited by JessMe; 12-07-2013 at 03:59 PM.

My life would have been easier if I identified wholely as male. I'm somewhere in between. Embracing both side as confusing as that might seem.

Right now I am in the process of figuring that all out and I feel once I have a male to female transformation when i go to Denver I will have a better idea, what I can say is in person I have variations of both male and female characteristics, overall I am learning to be myself, I have sometimes encountered friends who know that I have a fem side and then they will try to change me but I tell them that I am only being myself, also overall I am looking forward to learning more about crossdressing from heel to toe but also my male side I love playing video games, cars, women, overall I balance both sides out which really helps and I am more comfortable in my own skin then what I used to be in the past.