Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When You Dress, do you feel empowered or submissive?

Question When You Dress, do you feel empowered or submissive?

I guess that I am more on the submissive/passive side myself.

I'm usually submissive either way. It's actually a role reversal when I'm the dominant one with my GF

Platinum Member
    I would say this. As I have come to grips with my gender identity, my self image has greatly improved. I have always done reasonably well, made a respectable living, Etc, but I had a deeply ingrained sense of inadequacy and self loathing. That's gone and I'm more confident as I approach what life serves up. Also, after you've spent a few days out in public dressed as a woman, other challenges seem relatively manageable!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm too busy feeling girlie to know.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

I am me. Makes no difference, but my Bride suggests that I am a bit "softer".
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

I am a submissive, without question. When my last girlfriend said she was a submissive and wanted me to act tough and studly, I knew things weren't going to work out, although we continued to date and hang out for another six months or so. She was a bisexual submissive, not that that makes any difference. She kept an online diary, which I only discovered a couple of months ago (we broke up seven years ago). Although events are mentioned which took place during my time with her, as well as other boyfriends, I am not so much as mentioned, positively or negatively. I guess I didn't make much of an impression. One thing for sure, she wouldn't have batted an eye if I dressed around her.

This is an easy one for me....Submissive.

Let's just put it this way Hon. Kate is a liberated woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gone to live my life
    Neither . . . I am just me. Isha tends to be a little less in your face especially when it comes to rude stares. However that is not her being submissive but ignoring what is obviously ignorance or curiosity on the part of the other person as nothing good can be gained but getting up their business. Now if someone was outwardly rude or violent then submissive would not be a word that comes to mind.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I do know when I'm dressed I do have this different energy about me, not sure how to describe it more than that. I do feel good about my image but of course have yet to go out there in public in full fem with that image. Maybe someday

I tend to be even more empowered and dominant when dressed. I am rarely submissive to others these days.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Banned Read only
    When I dress, I feel exactly the same as I do wearing male clothing.

It's just more fun to select from the feminine side of the wardrobe.

I don't think of myself as either. I know that when I am en femme that I am more patient and a better listener but I do not think that is being submissive.
    Hugs, Carole

I just feel happy sometimes I feel a bit more confident than I usually do in men's close, but other than that I never feel submissive. Unless I am wearing a cute nighty and my wife is frisky.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

When i dress up en femme i always put in the effort.So i tend to feel more confident and maybe empowered therefore.

However, i guess you have to have an air of confidence and laissez-faire about you en femme en public.

Same when i have put the effort in satorially en drab, sports jacket, nice jeans or trousers and polished shoes.

Although, by nature, without the clothes i am much more and feel much more submissive to virtually all and sundry.
    Last edited by gautier_nikolai; 12-07-2013 at 03:21 PM.

I want to be the submissive one when I become Natasha,but my wife is naturally the submissive type,so its hard.
    HUGS

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    When I first started dressing I used to feel very submissive but these days I feel less so. I would say that I feel relaxed, happy, confident, more attractive, and generally more easy going in my attitude.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I would have to say that when I am dressed it feels like me - But if I had to label it I would be a bit on the submissive side.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I am TOTALLY submissive....

I usually feel content and happy, but it doesn't seem to change the level of submissiveness in me one way or the other.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Both actually.
    If I'm going out I feel totally in control now, no hesitations, no qualms.
    If we're home and ... then I do feel somewhat submissive and love it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I think I'm empowered enough to be submissive!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Both. I find it empowering to be submissive!

I feel softer and girlier when dressed, so I'd say submissive

I've never had the opportunity to be submissive, but it might be fun.