Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: When You Dress, do you feel empowered or submissive?

I love feeling submissive and dressing helps with that!
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

I feel neither more or less dominant or submissive........I feel normal

However like others have stated........My wife tells me I'm softer, sweeter and more lovable when I'm in Barbie mode.
    Last edited by Barbie Anne; 02-12-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: addendum
    Barbie

I'm pretty passive to begin with, so when dressed I guess it's accentuated.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

When I'm dressed I'm submissive, but then that's me pretty much whatever I'm wearing. The one thing I really notice with a nice dress on is vulnerability, and I really like that too.

Christen x

Aspiring Member
    Very empowered! Like I am unstoppable...

Both really, much more myself in many ways, but also, particularly when out, quite vulnerable, and definitely more quiet/gentle/passive.
    (Confidence?)
    Overall though, what I feel is sublime
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

My wife caught me, now I feel extremely defensive. Is this normal? Empowering is NOT what I'm feeling

Short answer: Both, sometimes at the same moment. Mostly though I just feel sexy and sensual. Plus, to go more in depth, my submissiveness can be described as Topping from the bottom, I've heard. OK, then, basically I'm empowered, lol.

That's an interesting question for me. I'm more of a submissive person in general so when I go femme it definitely comes out. I too have a bit of a damsel in distress fantasy. However, When I've got my body rocked out in some thigh highs and a mini skirt, I just feel like beautiful sexy woman. This is a feeling I know a lot of girls enjoy. It is empowering. When I do have a guy over I like to walk sexy in my heels and drive him crazy. This is a powerful feeling. It's a girl power feeling.

Being submissive is natural to me, I've tried not to be so that I can fit in but I failed miserably.
    Dressing empowers me in a way in that it gives me a license to be myself, without having to pretend that I am someone else.

Is there an in-between?

While dressed I no longer have to conform to the male role of being the "guy in charge" of the situation. I am therefore empowered to enjoy myself.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Empowered and confident.

Definitely empowered. Being Charlotte for more and more has given me a much more positive outlook on life. Confident and friendly but can still pack a mean punch if someone gets on the wrong side of me :P

I feel empowered and confident when properly dressed

Silver Member
    When I put on a really great outfit, my confidence goes through the roof! I feel bullet proof and Teflon coated. The odd thing is that, in male mode, most of the time I am the alpha. No one would guess what I have in my wardrobe!

Banned Read only
    Idk about about confidence or empowered since I'm a guy with low self confidence & being an introvert. When I wear women cloths I don't feel like when I'm a guy idk why I do feel submissive although I never crossdressed outside my house however since I rarely do it, I feel good for a change
    Last edited by rah; 02-16-2014 at 10:42 AM.

I am empowered and much more determined and confident than my male self.

It depends on who I am with. I am very confident and not the submissive type, I feel very empowered when I am with a man who can't take his eyes off of me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

Always submissive
    Trisha Simone

I am submissive by nature, when I dress I feel empowered to be submissive

I feel empowered yet I yearn to be submissive. Pretty crazy, huh?

Wow, a complex question. As stated I think you are presuming that empowerment and submissiveness are directionally oppositional to one another which really is untrue especially with the openness of the question (do you mean sexually, personality wise in social interaction/relations, domestically, etc...). The truth is I think I feel both empowered and submissive. If dressing en fem is something you desire then being dressed is freedom which is in itself empowerment. You are empowered to be the woman you feel yourself to be. This is how dressing in itself is for me empowerment. However, domestically I would say I am a bit on the sub side while sexually/romantically I am very submissive. So the answer would be both without even the slightest form of conflict.

When I'm in my bra I'm probably a bit more wary of my movements, and even a little horny. I'd say I would probably be even more dominant, because it makes me feel more at ease with myself.

i am softer in my attitude but not submissive.

Why do people start threads and never come back to answer questions or add to the conversation?

I don't like the word submissive. It has an S&M/B&D sound to it. I don't like it when someone asks me if I'm sub or dom. The way I see it there are personality types that are leaders and those that are followers. So does that really change when dressing en femme? If it does, it's a game, role play or a personality disorder.

I'd say I feel both passive and empowered at the same time. Kind of passive aggressive maybe?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder