Thread: "This is OBVIOUSLY not YOUR card"..

"This is OBVIOUSLY not YOUR card"..

Said the male BOA bank manager to me this afternoon."Let's see some other ID as the picture sure isn't you". I dug out my state ID card[girl pic as well]and handed it across his desk as well as my DL with my boy pic..His grunt was priceless as he realized that he hadn't caught a criminal..With that,he went off to print the bank statement that I had originally asked for. A few minutes later,he abruptly hands the copy to me.I said thank you and went to the desk in the lobby to study it. All the woman in that bank branch are familiar with Rogina and Roger and are unfazed by my gender fluidity[?]..But all the women were busy and three were meeting in the next office to this male manager..He just wouldn't leave "it"alone! He stormed into the other office and I watched him tell of the ID crisis that he had just endured and pointed me out in the lobby. One woman that knows me,took a look and smiled while the other two shrugged..Guess he got no satisfaction there..Perhaps I had really struck a nerve seeing that this same male manager regularly works the lobby,greeting and gladhanding the bank customers..He has opened the door for Rogina at least a half dozen times over the past year...sure had him fooled..until today! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

It sound like it did not phase you at all Rogina, ice water in your veins love it.

Sounds like you shook the old boy up and he didn't get the reaction he was after.

Just because he works in a bank doesn't mean he has to be an "old boy".....lol.

Figure of speech nothing more.

Platinum Member
    I don't know...but I think he deserves all the discomfort he is inflicting on himself. I mean really, he is a banker, he shouldn't care about anything but your money!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Follow your dream.
    Sounds like he did not handle that in a professional or sensitive manner. I would report him to head office!

Funny story Rogina.Sounds like you took it in your stride.

Maybe he was a little bit sweet on you.

good job keeping him confused and frustrated. I love it when that happens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

go to bank all the time dress and some times not . I must have a good bank all of them treat me great. I get the same no mater what. and as we all know ID,S don't lie. some times we just have to get over some ones hang up . Now days big corp look at the money only

That has got to be the cutest story I've read in a long time! GOOD for you! I would of loved to have been the fly on the wall!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I get the 'not your card' thing quite often, as my wife and I have a joint bank acct. They look at the computer screen, see Barbara and Paul, and assume I have grabbed my husbands card. easy, and flattering mistake.
    Funnier tho' was an Abbott and Costello like encounter with an acct. manager my wife had requested to see. He came out, shook her hand, and said 'You must be Paula'. I said I'm Paula. He said, directly to Barb, 'the card says you prefer to be called Paula'. 'No, that's her', pointing at me. He replies, 'So, who's Barb?' And people think I'm confused.

Rogina...don't you have to go to the bank today? You have to get my $10 that you owe me! I'll wait outside in the car while you go in...

The silly part really is that he didn't actually READ my card before making his statement! My parents surely thought that Roger was a boy's name way back when they gave it to me! I do my banking in either mode,so the next time he is working the lobby,greeting customers...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I picture this guy as a short, bald little porker with glasses pulled down to the bottom of his nose doing his job the same way for 40 years.

I have not experienced confrontation while dressed, but I do feed off guys like him.
    Regularly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.