Thread: Amusing encounter with a waiter

Banned Read only

Amusing encounter with a waiter

Yesterday, I was getting electrolysis. I've been at this a while, and since I go in for marathon 1-2 day full face clears, I've gotten to know my electrologists quite well - we're girlfriends.

So we all went to lunch together at a local Mexican restaurant. I was dressed en femme - I'm full time now, so I'm always en femme. But understand that because they were doing electrolysis on me, I had 4 days worth of beard growth, about half of which had been burned off. So I looked just freaking terrible.

So the image I present is:
    - cute nails
    - cute hair
    - no makeup
    - truly awful beard stubble, half missing
    - cute sweater, jeans and boots.
    - no bra, forms, etc - just my itty bitty boobs under a cami

This was a quite the gender ambiguous presentation! (I could've eased this by going as a guy - but the hell with it - I hate being a guy, and I'm not doing that anymore!)

Our waiter was nice - but he obviously struggled a lot with what pronoun to use. He'd start to say "he" - stutter and say "she". He'd start to say "sir" but stop at "s" and then say "ma'am".

Sometimes these types of situations can be annoying, but this poor guy was really trying HARD to get it right, and he very obviously had a LOT of trouble being sure which pronouns fit best under the circumstances. He was really cute about this, because he was obviously just so flustered - but he remained polite and professional. Just really, really confused about what in the hell he was seeing. (I thought he was cute looking too - that helped.)

By the end of lunch, the three of us were having a very difficult time not laughing out loud. We didn't want to make the poor guy feel bad - he really did seem to be trying to be professional. He just wasn't completely clear on what that meant...

I seriously thought about flirting with him - just to add to his discomfort, but that just seemed mean, and he really was trying so hard, and just stumbling all over himself.

We had a pretty good laugh about this in the car on the way back from lunch!

Paula....you are BAD! LOL

A group of my friends and I went to a local Thai place for our monthly "girls night out" last night. Now, some of the ladies look very convincing but some really do look like a "dude in a dress".

When the dinner arrived at the table, a young man came to the door of the little side private room and just stopped and looked around at the room full of .......well I do not know what he was thinking the room was full of but they were all dressed as women and most were talking in pretty deep voices, and many had a pretty visible beard shadow. Maybe 10 people in all.

The look on this young mans face as he came to the door and just stopped and looked around was priceless.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Aspiring Member
    You could have made things a lot easier for him by simply telling him "I prefer ma'am".

Hi Paula, Cute story, hope you left him a good tip after what you two put the poor guy thru.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by nvlady
    You could have made things a lot easier for him by simply telling him "I prefer ma'am".
    oh that's what I usually do, but he really just tickled me for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by NV Susan
    hope you left him a good tip after what you two put the poor guy thru.....
    moi? Put him through something? I was taking a break from a medical procedure and so I looked kind of funny. What did I do?

I surely did leave him a good tip - he was a good waiter, and his little verbal stumbles were just adorable.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 12-07-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Banned Read only
    Paula, you are my new hero. . .oh, excuse me, heroine. That was a ballsy. . .oops, don't know how to translate that into the feminine, thing to do. I'm laughing mine off right now!

I hope you left a gracious tip.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.