Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What music do you listen to while dressed ? Is it different ? Do you dance around?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar

What music do you listen to while dressed ? Is it different ? Do you dance around?

Sorry if this post has been covered before. What songs just "do it" for you...songs that make you feel completely femme..songs you listen to after you get dolled up? Songs you dance around to in your heels ? I love to dance dressed. I have a million, old & new ...can go back as far as Nancy Sinatra yet as modern as Skrillex...whats yours

Some of my currents are

Pussycat Dolls Dont Cha
    Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow
    Kylie Minouge Slow
    Skrillex Scary Monsters
    Zedd Clarity
    Madonna For A Girl
    Wynter Gorden Dirty Talk

could always use a few more for the ipod...whats yours?

"Nasty Girl" -- Vanity 6

It is definitely different when I dress. LOL!

Some of my currents are

Marsha Ambrosius - Far Away
    Jill Scott - The Way & Golden
    Beyoncé - Party
    Miquel - How Many Drinks
    August Alsina - I Luv This

Any other time...it's Lil Wayne, TI, etc.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

nasty girl...YESSS ! classic!!!! so is Jill Scott....I want to listen to EVERYTHING else people post cause I am pretty sure they will all be great choices!!!

Icona Pop - I Love It (goes with a great shoe commercial on TV - bonus!)
    Anything Lady Gaga

Laughed at myself this week to dancing (and singing loudly) in heels to I Will Survive (Gloria Gayner).

80s music really. I don't dance too much, but I might go crazy for the right song.

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pop music, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, etc

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass' "Music to watch girls by." And an old song from the 1950's "Sittin on the corner watchin all the guils go by." NOT! No i don't listen to those. I like mostly classical music, and maybe some ballet music, so I can prance around my little place, knocking things over, and hitting my heard on the ceiling lights! Seriously, mostly classical, some old country, some old big band, , vocals. Not much modern. I have a cassette with some songs i recorded, like "Dancing Queen", "She's a lady". She's got legs." "Long-legged girl with the short dress on, etc, for if i meet with an admirer, and model and dance.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Kreator, slayer, overkill, megadeth, death, warbringer, legion of the damned, exodus, destruction, death angel, Vader, sepultura, Anthrax, annihilator, Sacrifice, disciples of power, testament and on and on.

<--- This Girl love her thrash and death metal.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 12-08-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It seems that I only listen to K.D.Lang, "Invincible Summer" when I'm getting ready to go out. I don't dance, I have a genetic defect; a Y chromosome and northern European ancestors.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

"Switched on Bach" or just about any of Wendy Carlos' work. I loved that music from the first time I heard it long before I discovered so much as underwear.

Alice do I date myself (or at least my upbringing) and confess to actually listening to Herb Alpert and the TJ Brass? You can't beat the cover of Whipped Cream and Other Delights!

As for the dancing, people look for my medic alert bracelet when I try that and I'm not wearing heels so I usually stick to making the rythm rather than moving to it. :P
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Usually the same thing that I listen to in drab: classical.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

kay, heard one of those songs that made me dance, Tone Loc, Wild Thing......yeah, I shook my booty in the kitchen lol

wow...i find that interesting..i listen to alot of classical music too..especially while getting ready....and also herb albert style 60's mod music....very interesting to find out I am not the only one....great stuff here !

I be country all the way unless I'm dancing then it's country and that good old time rock and roll!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Nat King Cole and heels.

Pretty much anything by Regina Spekter. Sweetest voice I've ever heard.

My two favorites are Bette Midler (The Rose) and Cyndi Lauper (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun)
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    If you can listen to Jimi Hendrix Pali Gap without breaking out into dance moves then you have no soul whatsoever. I don't dance very well but with Hendrix playing I channel a 60's go-go girl.
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Madonna
    Prince
    ABC
    The Go-Gos
    Dead or Alive
    Jeffree Star
    Shannon
    Lana Del Rey
    Grimes
    Azailea Banks
    This is a small sample list of a few bands.
    The program of man,established as such,is flawed,and I can't follow. Everyday I walk their land,out of touch,I dread seeing tomorrow. -Me-

great stuff Tilly !!!!!!!!

Bonnie Tyler, It's A Heartache.
    Smokie, Living Next Door To Alice.

Not for getting dressed but I have speakers in the bathroom, for sing along hour.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love listening to Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Jewel, Michelle Branch, The Band Perry, and several more. I don't really dance to it, but the music is very relaxing. I love female singers in general.

I thought about this and the interesting thing is I don't usually listen to music when I'm dressed. The reason is that most of my CDing time comes when I take a day to work at home and everyone else is out of the house. While I'm working, I cannot listen to music... I find it way too distracting.

For relaxation in both modes, I sometimes play the piano. Definitely at the Easy Piano level and it's an eclectic selection: Some Beatles, some Billy Joel, some classical and some Disney movie themes. I particularly like "Part of your World" from The Little Mermaid; I think it sums up many CDers' feelings.