Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What music do you listen to while dressed ? Is it different ? Do you dance around?

Jaylyn, I guess there"s 2 of us cders that listen to classic country. I also like southern rock, and have grabbed the wifes hand and twirled her around while dressed

The male side of me still dominates the melissa in me. My favorite rock band of all time was & wil remain the late 60's / early 70's ABB when Duane was alive . Duane Allman was a guitar god. At that same time, yes , genesis, wishbone ash, move /ELO , pink Floyd, humble pie, deep purple rocked my world.

Now that I am older & hopefully more musically mature, I just love to watch dancing with the stars to appreciate beautiful dancing , costumes , multi eras of music , etc. I really like the big band era of the 40's to get me & my wife to swing dance. Music does calm the savage beast & warms my cd soul . " But back home he'll always run to sweet Melissa".

i was thinking of exactly a similar thread. right now mine would be 'she wolf' shakira, girls do listen to it, definitely different from what I would listen to in dran. it absolutely brings out the girl in me. i do a beyonce strut and a wiggle.

Recently I've fallen in love with the new Against Me! album. Some of you might be aware but the lead singer has announced she will be transitioning and their new album reflects that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEE7iw5WYJI
    www.transpottingtalk.blogspot.co.uk < My lovely blog all about Trans issues and stuff
    Follow me on Twitter @Charlottewbuzz

Does anyone ever fantasize about stripping / dancing to music? Or am I just a total ****?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella77 View Post
    Does anyone ever fantasize about stripping / dancing to music?
    Guilty.!!!!..especially late night...its actually GREAT exercise and works all the correct muscles!!!!

Somehow I love dancing so much better as a girl. There is a lot of great music for it. Personally I like Indie and garage rock. Love to move to Indie rock queens like PJ Harvey and Liz Phair (not Cat Power though - totally different kind of energy). Also bands Like The Kings of Leon and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Great for shakin' it up in sexy clothes.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    this video sums it up nicely

I like Pink Floyd, Yes, Styx, Led Zeppelin and Mike Oldfield. You might have guessed, I don't dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    this video sums it up nicely
    Thanks Adriana - that's made me feel soooo much better.... I think I can actually do better than that French bird... awful...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I don't even dress (yet), but this is what I would listen. Don't judge me >:3.

Music, I usually listen:

???
    Last edited by Milou; 02-17-2014 at 08:32 AM.

When dressed, I find myself listening to more Jazz and Classical. If I'm really happy I'll throw on some Alexander Rybak. When not dressed you'll catch me listening to Black/Death Metal. I would love to dance, but I just kind of flutter around. Pretty sure it would amuse most folks hahaha

Good question, wish I could answer it. I love classic rock and the blues. Chiefly Stevie Ray Vaghaun, Ac/Dc, Lynard Skynard, Allman brothers, etc. I listen to these while both in girl and guy mode............However, if I'm in girl mode and the radio plays something typically girly......

I used to love to get all dolled up in 80's madonna mode and dance around the house to "Girls just want to have fun" by Cyndi Lauper........There I've said it........whew.
    Barbie

Quote Originally Posted by Milou View Post
    I don't even dress (yet), but this is what I would listen. Don't judge me >:3.
    Milou -I don't know about anyone else - or whether or not I could dance to it - but I could sit and watch something like the 'Miniskirt' video all day..

And the music ain't bad either...

Katey x

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Milou -I don't know about anyone else - or whether or not I could dance to it - but I could sit and watch something like the 'Miniskirt' video all day..

And the music ain't bad either...

Katey x
    Same here. K-pop is my guilty pleasure :3

That intro, tho:

I like mostly rock/metal. Headbanging is a lot more fun en femme cause of the hair. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    Kreator, slayer, overkill, megadeth, death, warbringer, legion of the damned, exodus, destruction, death angel, Vader, sepultura, Anthrax, annihilator, Sacrifice, disciples of power, testament and on and on.

<--- This Girl love her thrash and death metal.
    ^ This girl has good taste.

Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman...
    Becky

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing much changes for me 80' 90's rock/metal and some newer heavy metal.
    As long as the music speaks to me and thumps me hard on the chest its all good.

It totally changes for me. I play guitar and love heavy metal, rocks, jazz, blues and classical but when Im getting ready or am dressed i like more girly music. Club music and techno, Beyonce and such. Anthough getting readdy with a little Beethoven or Paganinni playing is sublime!

I'm a total indie gal! ... and a bit of the ol' experimental pop / catchier side of avant garde!

radiohead... super furry animals... animal collective

cloud cult, mark mallman, tatu, rem, men without hats, sleepytime gorilla museum, bearsuit, gang gang dance, xiu xiu, einsturzende neubauten to name just a few!

when feeling girlier i must admit i like girly pop! ... metric, ladytron, the like...

i try not to danse!

for humanity!

In boy mode I listen to and love pretty much everything...rock in all forms from Eddie Cochran to Arcade Fire, old Stones to Franz Ferdinand, jazz - Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, more, classical, country, electronic, you name it. My hard drive has nearly a TB of music on it..except for pop and rap...well, I do have some older pop...just none of the current stuff unless you count Adele. Ironically, as Samantha I love pop, especially female vocalists, and especially especially romantic r&b...but I still don't like rap. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RachelRoxx View Post
    It totally changes for me. I play guitar and love heavy metal, rocks, jazz, blues and classical but when Im getting ready or am dressed i like more girly music. Club music and techno, Beyonce and such. Anthough getting readdy with a little Beethoven or Paganinni playing is sublime!
    Oh god, I love this!!

Lady Gaga....and METAL lol

Love the 80's music especially girl bands like The Donnas and love Joan Jett.

Shelly