Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which "Why"?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Which "Why"?

We live in a world of Why. Which "Why" is the one that occupies your time?
    Why do I want to wear another genders clothing?
    Why can't my significant other accept me?
    Why can't society understand?
    Why do I have to work so hard and still not get the look I want?
    Why aren't there more cute shoes in my size?
    Why are women's sizes so inconsistent?
    Why does the camera tell the truth but the mirror lie to me?
    Why? Why? Why?

What is your Why and Why is it the one?
    Last edited by Sarah Doepner; 12-08-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Why did I post this in the wrong area of the forum?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Why is it so hard to understand that I just want to be me?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm sorry. I posted this in the wrong area. Why did I do that? Can the marvelous Mods help me out here and move it to the correct area? I'll double check next time.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It is only human nature to want to know the answers to questions that we have about our existence. It is never as simple as "I think therefore I am." It would be nice if it was. But that isn't in the cards that we've been dealt. Hard enough it is to accept the hand that we have than to worry about what everyone else is holding. Western society places so much value on being a winner in the game. There is no fanfare, no consolation prize, for those give the game their best effort even if they are destined to lose.
    Sarah, I like your "Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is." statement." It maybe beyond our power to choose to be transgender or not but how we decide to live our lives can make all the difference.We can make the choice to conform to gender stereotypes, or even transgender stereotypes, or pave our own unique road to follow. The road less taken where one may find that the journey in itself, not the out come, is it's own reward.
    Welcome to our forum.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Why do we really need to ask "Why"? It always seems to me that those who continually ask why seem to have the most problems accepting who they are and just going with the flow. I have learned to not worry about it and definitely not ask why.

Why should I even care why you ask why? Why can't you just let it be?
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Cynthia Anne, don't belittle the question. We've all been there at one time or another. I know I have. With tears in my eyes! We all struggle with those questions sometimes. We are much like children in that respect. Always asking "Why". It is part of the process of "personal growth". You can avoid it. Pretend that it isn't there. But these things eventually always up anyway.

Sarah,
    All the why's are valid but,
    "Why do I want to wear another genders clothing?"
    is the one I ponder over most.

This diminishes day to day, as time goes by.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

ill play

have just been playing with photos since joining, never did before, damn lenses...
    the mirror was so forgiving ...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I don't waste a lot of time asking "why" Sarah, I just enjoy it. "Why" we do what we do notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i agree why?

Banned Read only
    Sarah, I never ask why. It is. That's enough for me. Pragmatism and objectivity make for great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    This should read, "Why is it considered to be another gender's clothing?"

Why can men not wear whatever they wish to wear, whenever they wish to wear it?

Why cant I pass like soooo many of you ladies?
    Last edited by sweetshauna; 12-09-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Sarah,
    All the why's are valid but,
    is the one I ponder over most.

This diminishes day to day, as time goes by.
    Perhaps because as we grow older,hopefully wiser, such questions lose any real value in terms of determining our perception of self which has already been, by then, established. We've learned to accept the things we can not change, alter the things that we can, and have gained the wisdom to know the difference. That and we have the wrinkles (Speaking for myself here. Mostly worry lines.) on our faces to prove it!

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    I used to sometimes wonder about this one as it seemed a real mystery:
    Being a technical person I never spent any time worrying about that question but just had to accept it as one of the starting conditions I had to deal with in life. As I have more fully embraced my femme personality I no longer even wonder the why question. I think that question will remain a mystery for some time.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

I only ask why I don't have more closet space.
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I only ask "Why not"... and not really as a question but more of a statement....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I definitely was not trying to ''belittle'' the question! We are all different, rather it be religion, politics or the way we dress or whatever! So I always ''why can't you just let it be''! Not meaning you particular but anyone and everyone in the world! It's different; just let it be!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    We live in a world of Why. Which "Why" is the one that occupies your time?
    Why can't my significant other accept me?
    Why do I have to work so hard and still not get the look I want?
    Why aren't there more cute shoes in my size?
    Why are women's sizes so inconsistent?
    Why? Why? Why?
    What is your Why and Why is it the one?
    NONE of the above. Life is way too short to worry why, how come, etc.
    Now, why is my wine glass empty?
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

I have not heard so many why's since my kids are 2 years old.

When it comes to people asking why questions; there are two things that I understand: 1. We are curious human beings , that seek knowledge and explanations of the world around us. Seek answers to why things are the way there are. 2. each of us are influenced my culture, beliefs, society, what is acceptable, and what we are as individuals are willing to accept in our lives. In my own personal life when it comes to why my SO can't be more accepting of my CDing; this is what I know:
    1.) She has nothing against me doing what I do But it is something she doesn't care to deal with in her life. She wants to be somebody who knows who they are ( I have told her several times this year since found out that I would like to be a women). I am more then welcome to end the relationship and figure things out on my own by myself.
    2.) When we first meet, I never told her about my CDing and therefore her stating I can't figure out who I am. I personally believe this comes her feeling that she doesn't know who I am since finding out. So she feels betrayed, used, lied too, and I never haver a chance to choose if she wanted to continue to be in the relationship.
    3.) I can't meet her expectations and she tries to change me or for me to make the changes to who she thought who I could be. Leading to her always being disappointed.

For me it is definitely, why can'ti just feel comfortable being me?

It's probably because I grew up in a conservative, homophobic house hold, but who knows
    Jennifer

Banned Read only

I like gender-specific clothes, how else would I be able to express my feminine side? What I don't understand is why society doesn't look at girls dressed in guys clothes like they do the other way around. GG's can dress how ever they want and society doesn't look twice. But when a guy does it, the whole world is against him.

Example:

I know a lesbian couple down the street, one is really butch. She looks like a guy, acts like a guy, dresses like a guy, has a manly job doing appliance repair, etc. I thought she was a guy until she spoke and until I saw all the gay pride sticker on the back of their car. They have a daughter about the same age as mine, so the kids play together a lot only at their house though. The couple won't let their daughter over to my house to play with my daughter and I really don't know why. Or don't understand why. Why is it okay for her to look like a guy but it's not okay for me to look like a girl?

Platinum Member
    Why did I wait so long, and why was so hard on myself for so many years!?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt