Thread: Do you really know who you are?

Do you really know who you are?

Or do you even care? One thing I do not understand about this site is...For a support forum ... YEAH ..I see the direction it's going.. Life isn't Unicorns and butterflies but I understand why it comes across that way for many..

All I have to do is read the threads and I get a clear picture..So why am I here? Many of you may ask.. Because it say's for support of all types of CROSS-DRESSING!!

I get frustrated here I will admit ... I leave for a long period of times because I tire of all the "bubble gum " threads.. But then again I realize , in a way that to is a form of support..

So..I would like to offer up my arrogance in this support system with a form of an apology.. You are all good people and you all do care, it shows although we may have our difference's.. We all have a purpose in life and I think many of us find some of that here ,through experience and stories we all share.. Our form of support and our community..We all do our share..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I haven't been here that long. The only support that I could offer would be from my life experiences, which, I'm sure, are somewhat different than yours. Similar yes, the same, no. As far as "support", real support, like 'help me figure out what I am and why I do this" kind of support, I think that kind of support is best left to a professional. Yeah, I could use that kind of support, too. I know that. I might just end up doing that. That's not something that can be sorted out in an hour or two, or two days, or even two months, maybe two years. Everyone is different. I think the support here is more a caring ear and an "understanding" of what you are going through. But, it's different for everybody.

I have no idea who "I" am, but I like to read about others who may have the same, or even different experiences than me. Not sure why, maybe just to keep me from going mad. Life aint always rosey, its nice to know that there is someone out there who maybe might be feeling the same thing I am. Im not alone kinda thing.

Lucy sweetie we are all still trying to figure that out; my therapist really helped with a lot of those questions (thankfully my university provides that service), and my own reflections. What this site has offered me is a sense of belonging, and community that I have never gotten in my male life or childhood. I am starting to figure our who I am; I'm gender-fluid, or bi gendered. I enjoy crossdressing because it makes me feel like me.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy_Bella View Post
    Life isn't Unicorns and butterflies but I understand why it comes across that way for many..

I leave for a long period of times because I tire of all the "bubble gum " threads.. But then again I realize , in a way that to is a form of support..
    I've taken a fair amount of guff for some of the rather sad, and unfortunately true threads I've started about the unraveling of my marriage, and my own gender issues. Sad stories aren't well liked here by many. People who post them go away after a time. If you watch, the pattern is pretty clear.

For what it's worth, I actually like the happy stories on this forum for the most part. We all need hope, do we not? Even though my story of marriage is sad, I am always so happy when someone reports an accepting spouse. Sometimes that's a little hard to read, because I'm sad about my own marriage, but mostly I really like it. I root for every single one of you - that you may find a way to keep your marriages together and happy. I hope you all know I really mean that.

While maybe some of the stuff discussed here is fanciful, much of it is based on RLE. I try to temper a sense of humor with honest comment based on my RLE. The bottom line for myself is not to take myself that seriously and see the humor in things. When it comes to helping others and friendships, however, I'm dead serious because that is the really important stuff to me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously". Oscar Wilde.

I'm quite well aware and confident in who I am. I've also got a few years under my belt. I'm also incredibly fortunate to have lots of CD girlfriends and other friends and loved ones. Therefore it's very easy for me to embrace Oscar Wilde's simple philosophy. I don't have a lot of baggage.

I have a passport that tells me who I may be, the next one I get won't have sexual orientation on it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Seems like I've been falling down on my job of sowing the seeds of angst and despair. There's only so much one bitter old curmudgeon can do.

Gone to live my life
    Still trying to figure out who I am . . . well I mean I know who I am but where I fit in the grander scheme of TG. So I decided not to label myself as anything for now and just go with the flow. Oh I have had some bad experiences but I choose not to write about them as I don't see the purpose they bring to this forum. Now I am not talking about "mortal danger" situations just common downers to this thing I do. Then again when I am in "guy mode" I have similar stories but from a different perspective. So I choose to relate the good with a small helping of bad in an effort to demonstrate: (1) Going out can be scary; and (2) Going out can be exhilarating. Hopefully this will help others as they make up their own minds.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously". Oscar Wilde.

I just have to look at my passport to find out who I am?
    But joking apart some of us take life a bit to seriously sometimes I always think.

I know who I am. I'm just a rather normal guy who likes to dress up. I don't know why I started, but I'm beginning to understand why I continue to CD.
    I'm here to give and take information. Growing up as a CDer without the internet was a lonely experience. I read everything I could find, but that was only available in psychological books or Penthouse forum, which means I could either identify as a mental case or a sexual deviant. Or both. Now I can see that I'm not so strange, that CDing is very common, that there are different drives to CDing and different ways of expressing the CDing desire. It does irk me that some people can see things only their way.

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    I would like to think I know who iam. But being here on this forum, I have accepted what I am..Im transgendered. So I guess that's who I am.
    Yes it's full of bubble gum threads,,,,kinda like the Sunday paper , full of sale circulars . Which one should I look through, what do I need? You sort through them , till you find the ones that interest you, and put the rest Into recycle bin. Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

" Life isn't Unicorns and butterflies".....

Of coarse its not..... Life is Ice Hockey..... This forum is just a place I go between games.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[QUOTE=Valarie, What this site has offered me is a sense of belonging, and community that I have never gotten in my male life or childhood. I am starting to figure our who I am; I'm gender-fluid, or bi gendered. I enjoy crossdressing because it makes me feel like me.[/QUOTE]

have to second this,

reading a post from years ago and thinking wow its like i wrote that, feeling good about myself in a way i never thought was possible.
    being complimented and not feeling weird about it, my only regret...took to long to find the forum.

i dont always get the response i want when i post... some are brutally honest, some are being brutally polite, but they are here for you and have your back and offer and share their experiences.

im fairly comfortable here lucy, i would hope you felt that way too, i guess i haven't been here long enough to get frustrated, but i cant see myself leaving...would not like to see anybody else go either.

as for unicorns, nah if that were true id look like Rebecca Romijn when i downloaded my photos
    Last edited by mykell; 12-09-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: unicorns
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

No idea but each day I feel like I'm heading in the right direction....

Karren you make me laugh!

For me it is like the old joke, you are born and you wear diapers and then you get old and die wearing diapers.

I started off young and very confused as to what I am. I got married and it evolved over the years. Now I am divorced and old and have no idea if I am a crossdresser or a transsexual. I don't even know if I am straight or gay. This after I thought I had it all figured out...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I like the people here and many have helped me far more than they could ever imagine.I am very grateful for this site.
    This site and the people here have helped me to understand I am not all that different from them and that is a comfort in itself.
    Being here has helped me to find/understand myself.
    Thank you everyone.

Platinum Member
    I would like to suggest that this isn't simply a support group. It's a discussion board. As such people may use it for a variety of things...butterflies and unicorns, perhaps, but I have seen and continue to see a good deal more than that, covering pretty much the full range of experience for those of us who engage in CDing. It's not all tough love, not all mindless boosterism, not all self indulgence....you'll find some of each and much much more.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    " Life isn't Unicorns and butterflies".....

Of coarse its not..... Life is Ice Hockey..... This forum is just a place I go between games.....
    I really like Karren's reply here. I think I take things far too serious at times. I like her attitude.

Banned Read only
    It's FACT. This Forum [like most Forums] has very few folks that actually read the responses of others. And not many, will read entire questions if they are longer than a few lines. I don't think it's possible to LEARN anything that way...but of course there are many reasons to participate at most any Forum. Misery loves company is just one thing that can be applied to many Forums and especially this one.

"Woe is me" is a recurrent theme here along with many Forum Myths that accompany that line of thinking. Newbies need to know that their OWN attitude along with the person in the nearest mirror is their biggest barrier to becoming at peace with themselves. It's NOT "Society" that is the enemy. Society is not out to get us nor do they care.

I play my cards as I see what is on the table at the current time..... I know myself ENOUGH to know who I am.. but I'm here so I don't TOTALLY know who I am YET.. I am teetering. I might be both in fact I'm sure that I have both male and female on a 60/40 level.. 60 male 40 female.. when I started it was 75 male 25 female so that should say something.. but I'm not sure if I'll ever even be half-and-half. I'm kind of comfortable at the 60/40 level for myself... but point being.. I DO NOT KNOW..

I support you all for being here and I think that you all answer posts quite well compared to some asshats at facebook and on other forums.
    --------------------------------------------
    With Love and Affection, Allison Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I like the people here and many have helped me far more than they could ever imagine.I am very grateful for this site.
    This site and the people here have helped me to understand I am not all that different from them and that is a comfort in itself.
    Being here has helped me to find/understand myself.
    Thank you everyone.
    There's a great deal of wisdom and truth in this - I echo your sentiments entirely!