Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wears the trousers in your relationship?

Who wears the trousers in your relationship?

As my SO left for work in her trouser suit I was wondering to myself who actually wore trousers the most. She does wear a skirt or dress to work but weekends and when she gets home she in jeans more or less exclusively.

I on the other hand will nearly always opt for the dress or skirt option. I do have some girl jeans but only wear them on a rare occasion. If I get to dress 4 or 5 mornings a week then the chances are I'm wearing the trousers the least!

Katie

I wear the trousers in my relationship.
    Now if you asked, "Who has the greater preference for wearing skirts and dresses when going out".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Another one of those GG mysteries! All those options readily available and yet... My wife is more or less a Tomboy dresser. She is a jeans and sneakers girl all the way. Even when she "has to" wear skirts or dresses for some occasion or another she will be dressed at the last second and undressed at the first second afterwords. Same with legwear, tights, pantyhose, etc. Puts it on at the last minute, and back off again. We had a conversation about it recently and she simply is uncomfortable (mostly regarding the legwear) and just wants it off as soon as possible.
    The good news is that I use this idea to help my cause. I want her to be comfortable "in her own skin," so if jeans and sneakers work for her, skirts and tights work for me, why is that so hard to wrap ones head around?
    [It hasn't worked that good yet!.]

We both wear trousers most of the time. She wears the "pants".

I don't think either of us are particularly drawn to pants, although when I wear them when dressed, I make sure they are the feminine fittied kind (usually pinstripe, with a slight flare and always heels). It's rare for me to wear them though - I'm a dress girl for sure.

My SO wears them more than I do, but it's usually dresses for her, too. She looks really lovely in a dress.

Platinum Member
    I never liked the word trousers. We both wear pants.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wink

We share things in the relationship pretty equally - my SO is about 50/50, more trousers in the winter though. I'm a shorts guy, but definitely a skirt CD...
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

"Trousers" vs "pants" - I think it has to do with where you live. In the USA, "pants" is the term most often used.

My wife usually wears tights and a long blouse or jeans if it's more "dress up". I am far more likely than her to be found wearing a skirt (around the house).
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My GF mostly. She dresses for comfort. I dress to impress.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would say that my GF and I both wear trousers in our relationship but I like to joke around and say that I wear the panties in the relationship!!!!!LOL

I almost always stick to my jeans or shorts, though I do have a couple of skirts I LOVE to wear occasionally. My girlfriend is pretty much the same way, but she does wear her dresses now and then... so, I'd say we're about even. (Though she may disagree. Lol)

We both like to wear comfy jeans, but if we're going out I'm more likely to be the one wearing the skirt. She can wear a skirt anytime she likes but I must "make hay while the sun shines." I think that this is pretty much the CD experience. If one is full-time comfort becomes more important and jeans are about the ultimate in that! (sorry Karren!)
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My wife definitely wears the pants (trousers) in our relationship both literally and physically. I guess that makes me a ---------

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I guess I have in the past, the wife never has. Even though I rarely ever did wear specific "dress trousers" on a really really special occasions which I was informed by some of my retired military friends are different from regular pants.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    .................. I'm a shorts guy, but definitely a skirt CD...

About sums me up too.

My wife wears trousers to work as part of uniform and I'm suited and booted for mine so we are evens there. As Baroness Thatcher's husband Dennis Thatcher replied when asked, "Who wears the trousers in your house", he said, "I do and I wash and iron them".

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Lee almost NEVER wears a skirt or dress. Usually when she does it's for special performances and she changes into the dress just prior to the performance (Bell Choir).
    I on the other hand, tend to wear a skirt or dress a few times a week, usually to work and on at least one of my days off. I wear slacks when I'm going to church or when it's cold, or when it's a travel day, or when it's cold.

She also likes being in charge of it and I like it that way. She plans much of our social activities and keeps me informed.

In many different ways, she wears the pants in our relationship. She is still very much a woman.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I think the simplicity of pants outweighs the cutesy of skirts and dresses. Jeans and slacks are standard fare for both of us when I'm in drab

Interesting question. I wear the pants in my family. Course i don't own any skirts yet. but my wife NEVER wears pants. at all. I'm not talking figuratively, she literally does not wear pants. I would wear a nice dress or skirt if I had any. "sigh" but I do not, and recently purged so i don't have much of anything at the moment.

Literally me, figuratively, my cat. She tells me when her food dish is empty, when she wants me to scratch behind her ears, when her water bowl is empty, or when her litter box is too full. If I am nice, she may be nice to me, however, only when she is up to it!

As a slightly amusing update to this thread, I ended up giving my only pair of pants to my wife. I just don't wear them.

She wears the jeans! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Most assuredly it is not me....jeans and ladies slacks, but NEVER Trousers. veronnie2

While I don't wear a skirt or dress all the time (I'm really a casual gal) I do most certainly wear them more than my SO. Therefore I'd say she does wear the pants.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife pretty much runs things, except for when she wants to be a more "traditional" woman then she requires that I make the decisions... As for the literal of the clothing, well... She will not allow me to wear anything other than pants. Dresses are NOT what she wants me in. I dream of her changing her opinion each time I fall asleep, but when I wake she is still the same....

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I only hang out with women whom I respect and I love to be with. I'm also a man and it's natural for me to lead but not to dominate. Therefore it's pretty easy for me to hike up my Levis when needed.