Thread: One step closer to coming out :)

Banned Read only

One step closer to coming out :)

So, I am not out to my daughter yet, but I am planning on telling her after I lose some weight, then I am going full time.

Anyway, something funny happened to me today. When I picked up my daughter from school, I was wearing my black boots that I had just bought. I had it in my mind that she was going to say "Why are you wearing girls boots?" I had a story planned to back it up with an advertisement for men's Ugg boots that look similar.

Instead of asking why, she say "OMG, I have those same boots! We can match now!" So we get home and sure enough she shows me the boots and they are the same I am so happy that she was so accepting

I wonder if she knows already, given the other clues.

That is so cool, I bet she does know something, how old is she. My 14 year old granddaughter saw a picture of me in my cell ask if it was my sister, I think she new it was me. I have been waiting for her to ask me about it.
    Last edited by Annaliese; 12-10-2013 at 06:31 PM.

That's exciting. I think kids can sorta tell, my daughter messes up and calls me "Mom" all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

very cool, i have 14 yr old boy, will tell him later, my thoughts were girls would be more accepting, "now we can share" kinda thing. like the OMG comment your daughter made.

baby steps add up...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    @Annaliese - kids always seem to know, I bet your granddaughter does! My daughter is 9 and after talking with one of my friends, I have come to the realization that she knows more than I thought

@Emily - Thank you And that's sweet of your daughter to call you that!

@mikell - Baby steps for now, but it will all be out soon I wish you happiness and joy when you have the talk with your boy

Kaylee

Platinum Member
    I never would never assume... Maybe, but I think it's wise to plan a straight forward conversation with your daughter fairly soon, if you're going full time in a few months.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thats great, just wondering about what losing weight has to do with going full time? I know that there nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight but it shouldn't stop someone from coming out or going full time. imo.

Once out, your makeup kit is fair game for raiding parties
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Perhaps I should just skip this because I don't know you, or anything about you, but I hope you have really thought this through (preferably with a qualified therapist). I have no clue about your family and employment status, or how you fit in (or do not fit in) with your community, but once you have rung this bell, there is no unringing it. And what you propose to do, and the manner in which you seem to be doing it - ie, hoping your daughter somehow notices you are wearing women's boots and somehow accepts you without any questions asked, as opposed to sitting her down and explaining to her who and what you purport to be - seems rather reckless and naïve to me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I never would never assume... Maybe, but I think it's wise to plan a straight forward conversation with your daughter fairly soon, if you're going full time in a few months.
    I plan to

Quote Originally Posted by Being Paige View Post
    Thats great, just wondering about what losing weight has to do with going full time? I know that there nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight but it shouldn't stop someone from coming out or going full time. imo.
    I gained a lot of weight after an injury. I spent 13 months in physical therapy and for a long while afterwards it was still hard for me to move around. Last year my doctor came up with a weight-loss plan that's working well for me. We both agreed that I wouldn't start HRT until I was a healthy weight 30lbs to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    Once out, your makeup kit is fair game for raiding parties
    haha! That would be funny but my daughter has already learned not to share makeup

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    Perhaps I should just skip this because I don't know you, or anything about you, but I hope you have really thought this through (preferably with a qualified therapist). I have no clue about your family and employment status, or how you fit in (or do not fit in) with your community, but once you have rung this bell, there is no unringing it. And what you propose to do, and the manner in which you seem to be doing it - ie, hoping your daughter somehow notices you are wearing women's boots and somehow accepts you without any questions asked, as opposed to sitting her down and explaining to her who and what you purport to be - seems rather reckless and naïve to me.
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Maybe I don't explain things well, idk. I didn't mean for my post to sound half-assed, that is not how I do things. As far as my family, I am a single parent, the mother of my daughter abandoned us 9 years ago. Yes 9 years, shortly after she was born (long story on that one). The only other family I have is my mom, which I am sure when I tell her, she will look the other way (as usual). In my community, most everyone has already seen me dressed and as far as I know, they don't care and haven't told my daughter. My employment - I am retired and get a monthly pension from the military, plus I co-own a business (which I am already expecting to bought out from). Everything else, I own outright, so I am financially okay with this.

For my daughter to notice the boots was unintentional, I just had a plan for what to say when/if she noticed which obviously she did. Thankfully, she didn't question me wearing them, which made me very happy As far as my future plans, I am going to have a talk with her after the holidays. There have been hints, clues going on for a long time. This was just another small piece to the puzzle in an effort to make "the talk" a bit easier.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Kaylee I'm glad she didn't have issues with your boots.That is a good sign for now.
    She knows you as being Dad so there my not be a problem when you have the talk.
    I raised my girls alone as well, one was 10 and the other 5 when their Mom ran off so I know how rough that can be.

Maybe not, her visualisation of you is "you have the same boots", you must like hers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.