Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Q for the Single/Unattached folks here.

Banned Read only

Simple Q for the Single/Unattached folks here.

Single as in NOT "dating"/living with and/or married to anyone currently. Doesn't matter what your preference is in a partner either.

Would you LIKE to share your CDing "secret" with someone else?

How about with even "just" a friend?

Or maybe you are perfectly satisfied with doing your CDing at home in private and have ZERO need to share it with anyone else?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 12-12-2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: first line clarified

I'm happily unattached at the moment. Sharing my CD secret is one of the reasons I'm here on this board in the first place, but I certainly would love to share my secret with a few "real-life" friends as well.

Yes, yes, yes - my god - Yes!
    I have come out to a few understanding acquaintances over the years, but never to a partner. It's one of the conditions I now hold myself to. I won't get involved with anyone who doesn't know and approve. It's simply too stressful.

Happy in life with one big hole, no mate. I would like to share what I am doing with someone who I know will accept, not just tolerate, my dressing. I have others, primarily family and a few close acquaintances, with whom I would also like to share this side of me. However, there is no need to tell and the potential negative affects far outweigh any minor benefits that I might gain by telling them now. Maybe one day.

Regarding your last sentence. I do not stay at home and would not be content to do that. More people know me as Allie than my male self.

Pretty much single all 48 years. Yes and yes..pretty much like Zylia.
    Although a CD newbie.. I'll probably still end up telling someone.
    Think one friend already suspects anyways. My mom (only direct family member)
    Also knows about my Halloween attempt.. She'll probably get told eventually as well.
    Don't really think it'll matter to her either, as long as I'm not really doing
    It going to local places. (Smaller IN town..think there's groups just north
    In South Bend + Mishiwaka but there's much more recognition even of me down
    In Plymouth .
    As far as singleness, I may be more desperate ( hey, 48 years ) and CDing may
    Be more of a limiter factor.. But if I found someone, it'd have to be with them knowing
    all about my gaming,anime watching,CDing self from the beginning I'm not limiting
    Myself just for that.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

to answer the questions yes. Actually the only family that knows is my brother and his wife. Everyone else who I have told have been friends. I'm hoping to dress in front of others.
    Dana M

Happily single,living alone,not dating,wait do my dogs count? Anyway to the point,I have shared my CDing with a few people and somehow even though I don"t know why but I think my sister and her husband know but it is not a subject to see the light of day.Does going out dressed count as sharing my "secret"?And I am perfectly satisfied with my CDing in private at home and have ZERO need to share with anyone else.On a darker side my CDing has been a deal breaker in some relationships thusly I am blissfully single.
    Well bye-bye
    Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I'm 48, single, never married. Been close to marriage, but too many arguments about wanting different things brought that to an end. No, I didn't get around to telling tell her I was TG/CD. Yes, I would like to meet someone and be able to confide this side of me to them and have them accept this part of me fully. Once, in high school, I told a GF that I was CD. She broke up with me. That was the one time I was upfront about my Cding with anyone. I'm sure that because I told her, she told other friends and people we both knew, so I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who know, but I never run into anyone that I went to school with. I've never told any family, however I've been nearly busted more than a few times when I was younger, so, I assume, they know, also. It's not something my family would bring up or talk about. Hopefully, some time in the future, I'll be able to make a friend or two on here. Obviously, I wouldn't have to share my secret with anyone on here, but it would be nice to have a good friend who understands what I feel.

Or maybe you are perfectly satisfied with doing your CDing at home in private and have ZERO need to share it with anyone else?

That's me..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Divorced once, widowed once now single. I have two GG married friends who know, have been out with me and accept. Would I like to find an accepting lady to have a relationship with ? Yes, but it is not an all consuming passion as CDing is not all consuming either (at least not yet).

Totally depends on the other person really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No secrets here... I haven't dated in years but have met 4-5 women who are attracted to MtF CDers. I think they are more in the closet than we are!
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Banned Read only
    I know this isn't precisely the question you asked - because technically I'm not cross dressed, but I intend to be 100% open about being trans. I didn't come out of the closet to go right back into another one! Screw that noise!

Before I date anybody, I'll make sure there are no doubts about that. If that makes it harder to date, even post-op, well, their loss.

How's that for an answer, Wild?

I would love to have someone special in my life, knowing and accepting would be even better. I have told a few "friends", but they are no longer around, hmmm I wonder why.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most of the women i know already know about me and my CDing.
    A few guys know and some others don't

Aspiring Member
    Long time divorced, living alone. Sometimes it's just the simple things. Today I was sitting next to a woman I'm casually friendly with. I use Sally Hansen nail hardener on my nails, with an extra coat to make them shinier. Looked like her nails were the same way. I would have liked to talk and compare and share knowledge (hers, from life long experience, me, new at it, from wanting to learn) in a comfortable way. And she wore a dress that I wish I could, wish, wish........ Unfortunately, I'm in the closet.

Ineke

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have shared that information with a few girl/ friends...they love it...one even took me makeup shopping. Girls would be more understanding than guys.

I'm a lifelong single, not by choice exactly, but as the result of a few early relationships not working out and my intense focus on my education and career in my teens and 20s. A couple of girlfriends have known about my CD proclivities; one was semi-accepting, and the other rejected me outright when she found out. About 15 years ago I decided that any woman I dated was going to know about that side of me from the beginning, and I wouldn't go out of my way to hide it anymore. I'll admit I haven't had a lot of dates, and no lasting relationships at all, since then, but that change in attitude was still liberating in a number of ways. I am more relaxed about going out and being seen, and I'm able to make some visible or even permanent changes to my physical presentation (shaving, long nails, piercings and tattoos, etc.) without worrying whether anyone will take offense. I still think there's a woman out there somewhere who will find me interesting as is, I just need to get out enough to find her.

- Diane

I am, at the moment, happily single and have been single all 39 years of my life in various states ranging from abject misery to joy. Admittedly, my solitary state hasn't always been happy and has never really been the result of my planning, but as time goes on, the down times have become less frequent and minimal in intensity. I would have loved to have found someone who not only tolerates, but supports my dressing as it is a part of who I am. I would love to find that someone who would love me FOR it and not in spite of it. Unfortunately, I know this is highly improbable and adding this unlikely response to my wishes for love is not making my life, or the pursuit of love, any easier.

I am, admittedly, a bad partner. I've never paid much attention to dating and the process of meeting women. I've been focused on my education, career, business, volunteer activities and various personal goals, all of which have taken precedence over dating and relationships. Now, I realize I am too far gone. I have been single far too long to adapt to opening up, being vulnerable, and allowing myself to depend on another person for anything. I have none of the experiential mass that normal people who have had success in dating and relationships have. So, really, I am a relationship imbecile, I know it and I really have lost interest in correcting this defect. I acknowledge that I have nothing to offer a women (or man) in the way of a fulfilling romantic relationship. I'm fine with that, finally, after many years of wasted grief, pain, and anguish. The death of hope is the only release from the weight of wanting, so to speak. I am free.

At this point in my life, I am ready and determined go it alone to the end. I am happy and fulfilled in every other respect, outside of this perpetual lack of love. Seeing as I have made it this far alone, unaided, I see no reason to change. I see no reason to cast aside the behaviors and methods that have brought me success and happiness in so many other ways.

Admittedly, I allow my crossdressing to act as a shield to intimacy, both emotional and physical; I feel that it is a facet of who I am that is so fundamental that I must share it with anyone I would hope to truly love. By not having anyone in my life that is so close and important to me, I don't have to share that. So, I can remain, neatly ensconced, in my protective armor without the worry of being found out or ostracized from my professional associates and my acquaintances who enhance my life. I would have, at some point, loved to have openly shared myself, including my bizzare tastes in fashion with someone who loved me. But I don't think it's really worth the risk or effort.

Why do I insist on regaling you all with these walls of text? Sorry.
    Last edited by MisterEgurl; 12-13-2013 at 04:10 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Divorced because of my desire to cross-dress, told a few new friends after meeting some new female friends. Lets just say it didn't go over too well.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-13-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Please read the rules. •Religion of any sort, no exceptions

I have zero need to share Suzy with anyone else.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    After reading all the posts I got to Suzy's. And you know what? I really couldn't care less about sharing Carla. I dearly love my wife and she doesn't want any part of the cd thing, at least not yet. And, I'm OK with that. When I go out, I share Carla with strangers. There is a desire to associate with other cd's or accepting women but there's certainly no burning desire. Of course, that could change.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Single for about 8 years now at the age of 60. Yes, I would like a gf to share my CDing with, but I don't want to out myself to everyone. With a closet that's overflowing with female clothes and wigs it would be hard to keep this secret with anyone that comes into my life. I also have trust issues at this point, so I remain single.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

You would think this is a simple question but for me it's not quite that simple. Since I consider myself more trans than a cross dresser no mater how I'm dressed I'm "cross dressed". I'm either dressed wrong for my sex, or I'm dressed wrong for my gender. At this point other than when I'm at work I am almost always dressed/presenting as female, and the only reason that I don't dress/present as a female at work, is that where I currently work if I did I wouldn't be working and I can't afford that right now. With that being said the secret that I'm keeping isn't really about my dressing but about my gender identity, and it's only where I work that it's a secret. So to sum things up, my secret of cross dressing/gender identity (dressing as male but identifying as female) is a secret that I don't have much choice in keeping even though I'd prefer not to. Hopefully soon this won't be a secret that I have to continue to keep, but that all depends on how quickly I can find an accepting environment for employment. Hopefully I didn't make my answer to confusing.

I am 49 and single and have never been married. When I became an adult i never intended to take this path and assumed that someday I would get married. In the last 10 years I have decided that I do not want to get married. I am very happy being single. One reason that I am happy being single is that CDing is becoming an important part of my life.

I started to explore CDing in late 2007. At first I was content to just dress up in private and keep it that way. Over the last 3 years I started going out in public and started out in CD friendly places, but I have been expanding where I go, getting bolder and bolder. Recently I have spent whole day(s) dressed enfemme in public. CDing for me is limited by the fact I have a full time job requiring 40+ hours per week. CDing has become a major part of who I am. I am not willing to give up CDing for a spouse or SO.

I am still in the closet to people I know. I have told one person who I know that is a life coach, who I see about once a year. Some people in my apartment building know I CD since they have seen me come out of my apartment dressed en femme, but we do not know each other personally.

I have considered joining a CD meetup group but have not done that yet.

I am open to the idea of sharing my CDing more if I were to meet the right people.