Thread: Why do Indulge in brain damge

Semi Sane innocent angel

Why do Indulge in brain damge

I'm got into an argument with this guy on another forum.

Of course he is confusing being trans with gay as the he is responding to an article about gay rights and just tosses the trans thing out of left field
    Here are a few of his gems

Cross dressing and transgender(s) do not have a right to disrupt a work place or business nor demand additional medical benefits that the employer does not cover with the rest of the workers.

Being gay has an acceptance of social responsibility, it not a pass on offensive behavior. Yet companies are sued because of the "repressive behavioral restrictions" in effect in most work places.

That's my point. During an interview a person is usually gender attired, but after the position is acquired, some do show up the next say cross dressing, then yelling discrimination when told to meet the appropriate attire standards.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    What the heck, I stick my foot in the fire.
    Cross dressing. no rights at all. This is purely a fun thing we do, and if we chose to go out in public en femme and get beat up. Thats no different than getting beat up because your a Dallas fan in DC. Your just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Going to work in a dress and expecting life to go on as it was. is fantasy.

Transgender.. This is a bit different and once you have declared your desire to be more female than male, one needs to begin therapy to help discover the best course of action. Health care should be covered at least for therapy and more if SRS HRT are needed.
    If you fall into the TG/TS category, Then your future path should be discussed with your employer and co workers, and they should get a level of education about whats going on in your life. All this should be done before you show up for work in heels and makeup.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

considering all that is portrayed in the entertainment industry and in media in general, why are any of us surprised at the confusion of TG and gay? That is a parallel that the very people who are supposdedly the most accepting and supportive make, so why wouldn't those who are not as supposedly open minded, (I say supposedly because I believe there is immense amount of hypocrisy when it comes to hollywood especially) feel or believe?

I also agree with Bobbimo, that one day if someone walks in to work or over to their friends house or some social event and wears women's clothing, that people are just gonna be all ok about that. That is fantasy.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Semi Sane innocent angel
    my reply to him was I don't know a single CD that would just show up to work en feme. oh and that mostinsurance excludes any thing trans related

Banned Read only
    One's employer has every right to ask/insist their employees present themselves in a certain manner whether it's a PR issue and/or a safety issue.

When NOT at work people have every right to present themselves in ANY manner they choose providing they are not breaking any laws.

And IMO, should anyone have ALL their friends, relatives, acquaintances, coworkers etc. drop them like a hot potato, based on PRESENTATION alone, they need to do some serious soul searching about their Relationship skills.

REASONABLE people know better than to judge a book by it's cover or to stereotype people based simply on how they are dressed. Having UNreasonable "friends" is a sure fire recipe for heartache.

Here are some of the problems with his positions, in order:

1.) People have benefits cover things that the rest of the people don't need all the time. I worked in an office with only 4 other people. One of us had diabetes. So you're saying what, screw her?

2.) Here is says that companies are being sued for "repressive behavioral restrictions." His point is really vague here without context, but I'm willing to be that it's only an issue in the first place because there's a sexuality-based double standard.

3.) I think he's just plain making that up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbimo View Post
    What the heck, I stick my foot in the fire.
    Cross dressing. no rights at all. This is purely a fun thing we do, and if we chose to go out in public en femme and get beat up. Thats no different than getting beat up because your a Dallas fan in DC. Your just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Wrong. It's illegal to beat anyone up because of how they're dressed. Beating up an opposing sports fan is illegal too. The laws that say you can't beat people up covers everyone.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Transgender is just a too broad spectrum, It covers everything ,being transgender shouldn't disrupt work I agree with that. being TS means your female or male and work as such and be treated as such 24/7 I work as an engineer as a woman, doing a guys job, I wear woman's clothing but don't wear a dress on the job ,that would interfere with work and be unsafe. If an employer employs you as a man he will expect you to arrive as a man at work. maybe he's taking about some crossdressers that like to make statements at work, turning up to work in a dress by surprise which may be against work policy for both genders. well that's the way I take it.

I don't understand what he's complaining about; he's perfectly free to change his gender if he wishes, as long as he passes thru all the gatekeepers involved!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

YMMV
    that's the thing about internet forums, hang around long enough and you'll hear somebody say something stupid. He's probably just mad that some crossdresser or TS person didn't give him the time of day and can't deal with it
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Wrong. It's illegal to beat anyone up because of how they're dressed. Beating up an opposing sports fan is illegal too. The laws that say you can't beat people up covers everyone.

Carol
    I was trying to say that there should be no separate distinction between the two events. They are both illegal, But the CD should not get any special treatment such as 'Hate crime"
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Tonya,
    Why don't some people read..........

Post #5.
    I think you have put it in a nutshell there, also given me something to quote in future posts.

Yes, I will acknowledge you... Great answer.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Someday, perhaps a few generations from now, nobody will care how anyone dresses.

I think men should be able to wear whatever they want, whenever they want. Society is way too hung up on these rigid gender roles.

I would prefer that men be allowed to be who they are. I want to date a masculine man, not one who is pretending to be masculine and some people may want to date a feminine man who likes to be pretty.

One day people will be free to be who they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by bobbimo View Post
    I was trying to say that there should be no separate distinction between the two events. They are both illegal, But the CD should not get any special treatment such as 'Hate crime"
    I'd say it depends on the details. If someone goes looking for CD's to beat up just because they don't like CD's, then I'd say that's definitely a hate crime.

Carol
    My name is Carol.