Thread: A Double Life Day

A Double Life Day

Work up this morning (that's always a good thing!).

My spouse had a doctor's appointment and since they were likely to dialate her eyes I was going with her. I'm known en femme at the doctor's, so I prepped and got ready en femme. Pants, top, and wedge heeled shoes, a bit of makeup, jewelry and off we went.

At this time of year I usually bake some brownies to take over to the doctor's office but we came home from a 4,500 mile road trip (7,200+ km) late on Tuesday night and I just hadn't had time.

So we stopped off at the supermarket and I rushed in to get some holiday cookies and a greeting card. While there I stopped off at the pharmacy to check on some prescriptions (they know me en femme too).

We continued on to the doctor's, checked in and gave them the cookies. They beamed smiles of thanks, forgave me for not having baked, and spread the word among our favorite doctors and staff that there were now cookies in the break room.

My spouse's appointment went fine.

On the way home we stopped off at Trader Joe's to pick up a few items. Also a place where I'm known en femme.

Once back at the house I went into a warp speed change to get ready for my biweekly "guy's lunch." Remove makeup, change jewelry, get into men's pants and polo shirt and head out.

We had our usual lunch but I had a little problem. Two tables away was one of the women who works at the women's gym I have been a member of!

Her back was to me, but she made several trips to the buffet, walking right past me. Since I pretended not to notice her, made no eye contact with her, and continued an animated conversation as a guy she just walked by and never noticed me.

Whew! One bullet dodged!

After lunch, and still recovering from the road trip, I headed home and grabbed a half hour nap.

Then it was off to my monthly women's group dinner!

Back into makeup, femme top and pants, and jewelry and within a half hour we were ready to leave.

Our women's group has about 45 members (all gg's except for me) and about 20-25 attend any monthly meeting. I sat surrounded by women friends as we ate dinner and chatted.

The conversations are very different, of course, much more intimate than the guy ones. We discussed our lives, our Thanksgiving trips or activities, etc.

But women are also much more open about their health and their bodies and one of the women started a conversation about how one of her breasts had become much smaller because of radiation treatment for breast cancer. So the group immediately around me discussed breast issues for a while.

Just as we finished dinner, around 8 p.m., I received a text from my son. He wanted to know if we would like to join him for dinner. We really hadn't had a chance to sit and talk with him since we'd returned from our trip, so we agreed to meet him.

It would be fine for us to get together with me en femme, he has no problem with that, but I kinda felt that since we really hadn't visited with him for three weeks it would kinda be nice if "dear old Dad" was around.

So we went back to the house and, while waiting for him, I changed back into guy mode.

He arrived a few minutes later and we went off to dinner with him. We spent about an hour-and-a-half catching up back and forth over the past several weeks while he ate dinner.

He came back to our house, said "Good night," and headed home.

Another typical day. (Be sure to see my second message that's about eight mesages down this thread!)

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 12-13-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Sorry, lost count of how many changes
    Does sound like a very busy day
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Holy crap, your good baby!
    Love Kristy

Been there, done that. Makes me glad my wife insists that I must select one outfit a day.
    But then I'm not very social either.

Good Grief! I would be more exhausted going back and forth like that then I would after the long trip! You are a much more energetic soul than I am.

Yikes that was a busy day, I think I need a nap just reading about it.
    But it does sound like you had a good time.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Maybe you could do that left side guy, right side girl thing. Then it's just a matter of proper perspective. Haha, in a deep voice, "I'd like you to meet Persephone." And then you just spin around.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

.....And I thought it was only Superman that needed phone booth to change in. Now let me think, what was it that Wonder Woman used to change costumes?

So glad you seem to have your two lives so organized and full of friends.

Was tired last night and actually forgot to mention the capstone to the day. When we got to the restaurant with my son, where I was en drab, men's dark brown long-sleeved polo over beige dockers, the waiter said, "And for you, Ma'm?"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Barbara, aren't u worried about ruining dresser's reputations? We WERE known for taking hours to get ready!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Barbara,
    You seem to be in a constant switch mode.
    Good luck on dodging the bullets.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.