Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you seeing more CD’s out in public?

No, about one a month at best, but a very few years ago I would never spot a fellow CD ! Except at CD gatherings.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

A few years ago when I was working at FedEx Kinkos I met a TS who I thought was a GG at first. But other then that one time I haven't really noticed anyone else. Although I don't pay much attention either. As most people are saying we may be more sensitive and aware. It's like when you think about a certain car you start to see more of those cars around you.

I was dressed and at an outdoor mall once and saw my reflection in a store window. Does that count?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I never see any CD's, but then I tend to accept everyone at face value. I have seen men shopping for bras and makeup, while I was doing the same thing, if course.

When I used to work on the retail business it was very common to see CD's and TS , I even had a regular CD customer that used to buy her groceries daily...something odd with me I always been able to spot a CD or TS nor matter how or good passable they are. I am not longer working on retail and try to avoid the mall or any big stores but still every once I spot sisters

I have seen a few. Unfortunately mostly in criminal court for hooking, although I did see an unpassble sister in traffic court.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Other than one CD event, I have never seen another CD out and about. Wish I did.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I seem them quite frequently - which would be surprising for Dallas, except that I live in the heart of the LGBT community here. (The gayborhood.) Down here, it's like the straight people are closeted... Everywhere else in town, not so much.
    I lived in Dallas for a couple of years so I'm guessing Turtle Creek or Oak Lawn.

I've seen one person who was definitely a CD at a restaurant. I think he was out for a quiet meal with his wife or girlfriend.

Another time at an electronics store, the male cashier had long pink painted nails. I complimented him on them and he turned his computer screen towards me... his wallpaper was himself in high flamboyant drag.

And a couple of nights ago, I saw a cashier at a grocery store that I'm convinced was TS. She was very tall, had large hands and a fairly deep voice for a woman. My wife, as it happens, was buying a tube of lipstick and the cashier joked with my wife "and where's his?" As I say, I'm pretty sure she was TS but it's not exactly something you can ask.

So that's about three sightings in 7 years or so...

I was in a thrift store a couple of days ago and there was a CD dressed in a scarf, long sweater, jeans and some kind of stocking cap. She was taller than I am, had long arms and her hands were definitely 'man hands' ... she was looking at the nightgowns and lingerie, right where I wanted to go.

There were several other people in the store and as I walked down the clothing aisle an older man, younger than me but still old was sitting on a stool at the end of the aisle. He must have seen me looking at the CD as he came up to me, shaking his head with a smirk and started to say something but I cut him off and said, "don't."

I turned around and went teh other way. I did eventually make it to the lingerie department but didn't find anything that interested me. I thought about waiting outside the store adn trying to strike up a conversation but I decided not to.

In another incident I was at a Salvation Army thrift store and I found a pair of JC Penney fantasia lace trimmed bikini panties. I sat down in a chair to check out them on ebay with my iphone and I saw a pair had sold for $30.00 recently. The store clerk, whom I had bought from before, was sitting next to me. I showed her my phone and said that she had a pair of panties just like these on the rack for $1.00 and I was going to buy them. She told me that I'd be surprised at how many men buy lingerie in her store.

Another time I sold a pair of VF panties on Ebay for over $100. I printed off the auction and showed it to a clerk whom I had bought from before. A new clerk came up and the clerk showed the new clerk the ebay auction page. She then told the new clerk that I was ok and I had good taste.

I have seen several CDs in thrift stores that I could easily read. Here's a hint, don't wear fishnet hose, stiletto heels and a leather mini-skirt to a thrift store at 11 in the morning. Do what I do and dress like an Iowa farm wife. LOL.

I have only seen a CD in public once in London a few years ago. I was intrigued but never spoke to her. No idea why!

does a gay guy in skinny jeans count?

I have not seen anyone and believe me ive been looking, i get so bored and lonely shopping sometimes.
    if i ever do see a Sister i would go say hi if she was alone because i would like a hello and compliment if i was spotted

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    In Grand Rapids, Michigan and surrounding area I see other CDers about every other month. Almost always alone. But I am out enfemme almost weekly. At least one a month a few of us meet for lunch, shopping, and then clubbing. So if you are in the right place at the right time you may see one or more.

Sadly I haven't. Hopefully I will at some point

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I've never seen any out and about where I live. It would be way to scary to even contemplate doing that in this area. The closest thing I have seen to that is a guy I have seen around at some auctions who wears a kilt, but he wears a very traditional scottish outfit so I don't consider that crossdressing.

Then again we don't have a wide variety of places to shop and nothing in the town I live in. Where we go to shop there is a sears, a jc penny, target and of course the inevitable wal mart. I've never seen one in any them but then I dont' to wal mart but still in this part of the world I doubt you would see one even there.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I saw a few crossdressers in public over the years, but since I live in a relatively small town, most of them I saw on the street in hours when streets are more or less empty. I never saw anyone in shops, restaurants or bars fully dressed.

I'm new here and recently had read another post about seeing other cd's in public. I think that I have only seen two women in the past five years that may have been a cd. I look at women all the time but pay more attention to them if I see something about them that I like. Now if a cd were to blend in and there were other females around I would probably never spot them. After thinking about this the other day, I went to a grocery store and there was a six foot bald man wearing a short skirt with fishnet stockings . The only thing I thought was wow he's got major confidence. I did avoid him and when I was checking out , I was surprised at the fact nobody was saying anything about him.

Plenty of CDs in London, just getting on with their lives.

Claire x