Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you seeing more CD’s out in public?

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar

Are you seeing more CD’s out in public?

(Sorry if this topic has already been covered lately)

I am seeing more CD’s or TS’s out and about in public places these days (aside from at specific LGBT clubs and the like). I have been mostly secluded in my home office lately working all day and most evenings and not out much where I would see anyone not already known to me. But just this afternoon I was out for some errands and at Target, while waiting in line to check out, I see a CD walk in the store and down the mail aisle. Now I am careful not to stare or draw attention but I get in a couple of good looks, she is presenting very well and blending in with nice jeans and blouse (thank you Paula for the terminology you brought up today in your other post, I like it). I suspect that maybe only 1 in 20 non-CD’s might read her but my “CD-radar” is always turned on and I had no doubt.

The week before Thanksgiving I was only out a few times (always en-drab BTW) and I saw 3 CD’s that week which was a new record for me. Two CD’s, each one at a different natural foods grocery store and once again I think they presented very well (I see more CD’s in these two grocery stores than anywhere else, guess we all have to eat, and also I go there more often than other stores). That same week I was at a small, intimate performance event one evening with maybe 25 folks in attendance, one of which was a CD. She was with a couple of GG’s as wing-girls. She looked quite nice in a beautiful long dress and everyone was very accepting of her except some cowboy dude (mid 50’s, attending with his SO) that could just not stop staring at her. Cowboy dude looked more incredulous than disapproving. If I had been on his side of the room I would have probably told him he was being quite rude.

Is it just my CD-radar tuned up more or is anyone else seeing more CD’s out and about? If so, I really think that people like the cowboy dude will eventually get over the damn staring and just think it’s normal. We can hope.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

I went to las vegas over Thanksgiving and didn't see a single one! Soon as I got home, I went to Walmart and saw 3! One guy, 50 or so, pony tail, lipstick, purse, guy clothes. Very little effort but I have to give him credit for not giving a damn. Second, 60 yrs or so, ponytail, androgynous and I really couldn't tell male or female. Third, teenage. F to. M, couldn't tell until he spoke to a friend. All within 10 minutes.

Elivs has left the.... Katie_Did GG's Avatar
    I see TG ladies out most shopping trips--some I am thinking are TS rather than CD. I'm estimating at least 2-3 each outing. I don't know if there are more or if I am simply more sensitive to their presence since DH confided in me that he CD's.
    What a profound significance small things assume when the one we love conceals them from us.
    Marcel Proust

Yep.
    Shopping malls in particular.

Well, where I live in the far suburbs of San Francisco, what we see here is probably not quite normal for other parts of the country. In SF we and they are everywhere. Out here in the burbs I see us/them occasionally. When I do, I look around at others to see how they may respond. So far, it has been no different that an extremely cute girl or woman walking into the local coffee shop, or a big tall man, as a man, or some over weight and sloppily dressed man or woman. I.e. people look up, register what they see and then go right back to what they are doing, playing with their cell phone, talking to who ever is next to them, or whatever.

I must say however, that my TG radar does work much better since I started all this over 7 years ago. That is like right after you pick up your new car with that special paint job and alloy wheels, and then see 5 of them before you get home to put that new car in your garage for the very first time! Our minds are now attuned to look for that specific look.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I see them occasionally driving...and if i make it down to NYC...well....we know how that goes

Well there are a lot of gurls in Portland and I rarely see any. Maybe they are just so good I can't tell.

Banned Read only
    I seem them quite frequently - which would be surprising for Dallas, except that I live in the heart of the LGBT community here. (The gayborhood.) Down here, it's like the straight people are closeted... Everywhere else in town, not so much.

In that one city next to those other cities.
    sometimes when I'm in the mall I look around to see if there are. but then I think about it if there are they might not the attention.
    because last valentine's day I saw a man walking out of Victoria's secret. He saw me looking at him and froze and so did I because I bought my first dress.
    but he had know idea. I'll always wonder if he was a dresser?

I never see any sister's while I am out and about and I am all over the place while working so you would have thought it would be rather common to come across someone but haven't.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I never see any either. It's not like I don't look. Maybe they're so convincing, I can't tell. As a matter of fact, I've never met another TG/CD/TS. At least of which I am aware. Maybe it's just this stupid state of Ohio I live in.

I have never noticed one. Maybe they are out there and thy dress better than I.
    Gee, maybe no one notices I am a CD. Hard to believe.

I live in central N.Y. and did see a man in a dress at Wal-mart one time, Other then that I can't say I have. If so they crossed over real well.
    Angie

Hard to say, I'm not aware of ant great increase. But then, I've never been looking before. I do know that blurring the lines is getting somewhat common around here. One young male co-worker is very...got to say it, "pretty" He is! He often wears make up, not slathered on, quite carefully done. Or maybe he just has the kind of complexion that you girls would kill him for! There have been quite a few gay co-workers, one ex co-worker has given many indications on FB of being Lesbian, I wasn't aware, but it doesn't surprise me. Just remembered! Another co-worker introduce me to her female partner, seems perfectly commonplace, which is how it should be.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 12-14-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I seem them quite frequently - which would be surprising for Dallas, except that I live in the heart of the LGBT community here. (The gayborhood.) Down here, it's like the straight people are closeted... Everywhere else in town, not so much.
    Hi Paula: The first CD that I ever saw in person (except that one in the mirror when I was 10 wearing mom's lipstick) was in Dallas at North Park Mall in what is now Dillards, must have been late 1970's. Don't think I saw another one for the next 15 years or so!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I don't know if it is that I'm not really looking or if it's because of my location, but other then on Halloween I have yet to see another CD in public. And if you do see another CD in public please leave them alone, think of what it would be like if you were in their place having some strange person gawking at you.

I only started dressing a couple of years ago, and so I can't say I'm seeing more, but now that I'm looking at women differently (makeup, fashion, as well as how I've always looked at them) I can say I've seen a few and wondered about others.

Right now, near Rochester NY, it's 8 degress F outside - so who can tell if they're even people under those bundles of clothes?

Some of you have Superman Vision because I have rarely seen any GIRLS out and about. There might be one more CD going out in the world tonight though. LOL

Genny, What you observed about yourself is what I've experienced. Cross dressing changes how you perceive people. You look at faces, shapes of people, and their clothing in a completely new way. And as far as I can tell, you can't go back. This sensitivity becomes part of you.

If they've done a good job you may see them but not recognize them.

I haven't seen any except for what I suspect was a transexual about thirty years ago asking a drugstore clerk for makeup advice.

So no, I'm not seeing more CDs out in public.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hardly any CD's I percieve look like any one on this board.
    Most present extremely well.
    I would like to see more of the silent majority here.

I see the occasional person that stands out because their dress sense is incomplete.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Nope, not at all. But I don't go out LOOKING for them or making it a point to try to figure out the sexual identity of any Human "attempting to present" as a female.

BUT, I am also fortunate enough to live in Florida, where bodies and skin are on display practically year round. None of this covered from head to toe in layers of clothing of every imaginable kind. By seeing so many BODIES ON DISPLAY, it's so very easy to see that trying to determine any Human's sex by the size of their hands or feet, or shape of their thighs or rear ends or any # of things that people here use to "bust" CDers is just plain silly. Humans come in an unlimited variety of shapes and sizes.

The ONLY way to know for sure someone's gender is to actually see their equipment or lack of it and even that may not be 100% accurate for everyone.

Not sure there are any more, perhaps we are just more aware. As you say what I call my "C-Dar" is always tuned to high.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You might be able to spot a CD, but most would not be able to spot TS. Quite a few of us TS women blend in perfectly and if some have had any surgery, like me, it's even harder to tell. Also, once on HRT, the body changes drastically.

Gone to live my life
    Perhaps two but one for sure . . . she was working at Sephoras and helped me with foundation. The second time it is possible but very hard to tell so I can only say for certain one. Of course every time I pass a mirror in a store I see one