Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitars make you crossdress

I don't understand this. Do have a guitar, got it as a present many years ago. But I'm not really musical, have never learned to play. It's currently in the cellar, would like to sell or just give it away. It certainly has no effect either way on my desire for any kind of of crossdressing.

My collection. Things I wish to add, A hollow body, Flying V, and a Frankenstart.
    Also can you play with acrylic nails? It takes some getting used to, but actually you can. I tryed to upload a vid of my time with acrylics, but it didn't take. I'm much more used to them now though,,,
    And Yes, Dolly can play, but,,, (I saw an interview with her) When she's home and songwriting, she cuts them off. However she admits when she's on stage with the very long nails she in pantomiming.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 5150 Girl; 12-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TamzinGirl View Post
    I don't understand this. Do have a guitar, got it as a present many years ago. But I'm not really musical, have never learned to play. It's currently in the cellar, would like to sell or just give it away. It certainly has no effect either way on my desire for any kind of of crossdressing.
    Don't store it in the cellar is my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by ColetteB View Post

Plus I do feel kinda naughty with the guitar strap between the boobs. Is alt-country ready for a CD singer-songwriter?
    I tell you Colette we should start a group called cross over country.... Lol big boobies long blonde wigs and red nails with red lipstick singing those good country blues.... I think some would boycott but bet we could pack the house as they show up to dance and watch us and wish we were really an all girl band.... Just take the right promotions.

Hi all,

Tracii and I were exchanging PM about this post and she wanted to see my two hagstroms so Tracii and everyone else here they are. Yeah they are old

Cassidy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not really qualified to join this thread. Do not have a G string nor even a thong. Do not like to pick things. The only fender I have is on a 37 Buick restorod, and when I sing coyotes beg me to stop!

I have noticed a lot of guitars in crossdressing photos but I doubt playing guitar and crossdressing are related.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

WOW, I think your on to something here. When my SO asked me what I would like for Christmas, I told her I wanted a guitar.
    Kristyn

This week only at Guitar Center! Buy any guitar and get a free pair of panythose! ………………...Just kidding.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Crossover Country... ha! Suddenly I'm picturing myself trying to walk through Gruene Hall in heels...

I have to say... no, not for me, I got rid of mine and I still dress

Anita
    Make it your goal to make someone smile every day!

Quote Originally Posted by GaleWarning View Post
    Gives a whole new meaning to a G string!
    Ohhh, that was bad.

I don't own a guitar. I've found that being around pretty girl clothes (or even being around a girl who's wearing them, especially if she's wearing some nice perfume, ohhhhh, that makes it tough) makes me want to crossdress.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

[SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by ColetteB View Post
    Crossover Country... ha! Suddenly I'm picturing myself trying to walk through Gruene Hall in heels...
    Lol don't know that Gruene would let us be on the venue...... Lol been there a few times in cowboy boots though....

Banned Spammer
    Thank you Linda that was awesome!!!!

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    I am pretty much okay with people knowing that I crossdress. Just please oh please don't let anyone know I play guitar.

God forbid anyone think you're one of those musician types, right?

Although, I guess with mid-80's glam fashion, it was pretty easy to crossdress in bands, wasn't it? Too bad I was just a kid when all that was happening.

I have three: my prize possession cherry red 69' Gibson SG Special..bought used in 71' for $100.00,
    a 91'/92' Fender (Mexican) Standard Strat,black body with maple neck,,,bought new in 92'
    and a six string acoustic.
    Two Spirits

WOW, I never thought of it, got first guitar when I was 10 about the same time I started to crossdress, what apiece of junk should played slide on it took two hands to fret. I got a Gibson LG0 (which I still have today) for christmas in1964. Since then both have grown,my guitars and cding. Dolly plays with nails in a open tuning. I love that song Linda, just sit down at the pedal steel and did fills and intro,cool. good thing about playing steel and dobro is you can have long nails and still play. but have to trim back when playing guitar. Have 4 flat tops 2 tele's 2 strats 2dobros 5 lap steels 2pedal steels 2 fiddles 1 mandolin 2archtops(jazz) got amps in every room including garage so I can play anytime it strikes me, usually that's the wife that strikes me. I know she like the song when I do it, now just get rest on board with GRACE doing the steel.

re: the video, those guys are all well known country music stars crossdressing in a video. Of course it's comedy.
    Last edited by linda allen; 12-18-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Hmmm ... maybe ...

I don't really play, just "tinker". Tried lessons for about a year a couple of years ago, but my teacher kept nagging me to cut my nails! So I never really stuck with it. I'm seriously thinking about trying lessons again in the new year though as it looks like I'll be living away from home during the week for work, so I'll need something to occupy my time (other than dressing and makeup of course). I've still got the issue of longer nails to contend with though :-(

So now my friends say I'm a "collector" ... currently have a Squire Strat (yeah, low end), and an Ibanez acoustic - and a cheapie no-name acoustic someone gave me last Christmas. I love the Ibanez!

When I was younger, my instrument of choice was the Trumpet - still have 3 in my den, my Bach Stradivarius is my fav - and I was pretty good with that.

Perhaps its not so much the guitar that makes us want to dress, but an inner desire to be musical / artistic in some way?
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Banned Spammer
    Would love to play the violin someday.Tried back in the mid 70's but broke up with my GF that played it.LOL

I will say that I never cried more than the day my Les Paul toppled forward onstage and snapped the headstock. Quite possibly the worst day of my life!

But how's this for a silver lining? Once I got it fixed, she sounded WAY better! Something about taking a tumble gave it extra sustain and resonance, so it's a fantastic for getting Big Sugar-style feedback, even at fairly low volumes.

Hmm. I have a guitar but it's more of a decoration!

Banned Spammer
    I have fixed a lot of Les Paul headstock breaks. I think they sound better after they are fixed too.LOL