Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Guitars make you crossdress

My first en femme & guitar pic! It's kind of exciting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Another twanger/dresser here. Not nearly enough time spent doing either, though.

Banned Read only
    I used to have several guitars, but I just gave most of them away. I have settled on just owning two of them now. I love to pick it up late at night and make myself a drink, and play a sang and sing anything that makes me feel good. I do this especially more so these days, for I am now in very trying times, so dark and uncertain. But my guitar is my good friend and helps to get me by through the good times and the hard times.
    Love & Respect,
    Tara

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    I talked to a guy today that I work with occasionally. Just a "How was your weekend" conversation. He told me that he spent a few hours in a guitar shop playing one and they had to kick him out because it was closing time. Anyway, come to find out he had a collection of 44 not too long ago but had to sell 40 of them after losing his job. He's played with Steppenwolf, Molley Hatchet and some others. Thought about asking if he dressed! I'm checking everyone's avatar to see if I recognize it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    I don't own a guitar, never played a guitar, and I cross-dress.

There is a correlation between having a guitar and cross-dressing, not a cause-effect relationship.

There may be something else that causes both guitar playing and cross-dressing.
    It's probably the same reason a lot of rock/metal fans were bullied for being nerds. It's outsider music, for people with something to get out their system, and I'm guessing most of us, at least at some point, had a lot to be angry or depressed about and music probably helped with that. That was certainly the case for me. Guitars just go with that
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Stephania
    I to love to get dressed and play. I was just wondering...what are the chances of being accidently outed by showing your gear off?

I thought this whole tread was silly, how could a guitar have anything to do with dressing, I've never played guitar, and I've dressed since I was around 6 years old, but then I remembered, it was around that time, an old guitar was put in my bedroom closet for storage, and when I grew up, that same guitar was given to me as a family heirloom and I have always had it sitting around the house somewhere, for all of this years, lurking, in the back of a closet, not far from where my dresses hang, umm, maybe there is something to this guitar thing after all!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Guitar playing was always about fun for me.Carl Perkins and Chuck Berry I guess started it for me then shortly after the Beatles landed.
    After that guitar playing was all I wanted to do.
    Had my hippie ( yes I was a full blown hippie in the 60's) Jefferson Airplane/Hendrix phase and progressed into rock ,country then found myself solidly into the 70's/ 80's/90's metal scene .
    Still love most all genre of metal because I love the power of the music.
    Never felt like an outcast or angry at the world guitar playing is just fun for me.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    This thread is pure BS. Just plain silly,. I mean how can playing guitar make you Cross dress? It's the spit that lies inside of the guitar that makes you cross dress, along with the tiny aliens that live in side of guitars.

Add me to the list of Guitar playing ladies. I think the the love of music and the emotion it provides in the lyrics and melodies is what many of us find similar to crossdressing. That and we are just more creative people.

Love, Mercedes XOXOXO

Here's another shot...

This makes so much sense to me. About a year ago I started taking guitar lessons and a couple months later I started dressing up again for the first time in years.

Well, I have three guitars. I guess I never looked at it that way before!

Guitars make you crossdress?

What do you mean??
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Quote Originally Posted by Niya W View Post
    This thread is pure BS. Just plain silly,. I mean how can playing guitar make you Cross dress? It's the spit that lies inside of the guitar that makes you cross dress, along with the tiny aliens that live in side of guitars.
    Well, I don't think they're saying the guitar per-se makes you CD,,,, More to the facts that both CDer and musicians are both a creative lot, and the OP was looking to see just how often the two paths crossed.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post

What do you mean??
    Hmm? You know, you kinda look like Joe Bonamassa! Is that you, Joe?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm glad there are so many ladies here that share the love of playing guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post

What do you mean??
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Hmm? You know, you kinda look like Joe Bonamassa! Is that you, Joe?
    Damn! Rumbled!!!

Actually, I take that as a compliment
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    Well, I don't think they're saying the guitar per-se makes you CD,,,, More to the facts that both CDer and musicians are both a creative lot, and the OP was looking to see just how often the two paths crossed.
    I mean the spirit. As in the the guitar is haunted and the spirit posses people. Sheesh way to kill my joke.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Since we are all confessing here, I admit I go both ways. Besides my guitars, I have a bass. Don't judge me.

Judge? Hell, I play guitar, bass, drums, and I've been dabbling with pedal steel too.

I'm my own Nashville backing band! :-)

I have two! I have been playing and dressing since before I was a teen - hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    I don't own a guitar, never played a guitar, and I cross-dress.

There is a correlation between having a guitar and cross-dressing, not a cause-effect relationship.

There may be something else that causes both guitar playing and cross-dressing.
    Guitars and rock goes hand in hand and for many years a lot of rockers also wore makeup. Maybe there is a subconscious correlation between guitars and crossdressers. Those with more artistic souls tried to be rockers, so they could put makeup on with a good excuse and in the same time won't have to disclose the true reason why they like wearing makeup.

Passions & Guitars

Started with a Guitar at a very early Christmas and tried on a Dolly Wig the following summer. Added the keyboard a couple of years later along with an old fake fur coat. The fiddle was next upon which I added my first pair of nylon panties. My first pair of stilettos followed the Trumpet. Native American Wind Flute and a homemade HanK Drum are the latest editions to the music fair. Hmmm, maybe I should try a Corset!