Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving, low risk?

Driving, low risk?

Is driving while dressed a fairly safe way to get out, at least a bit?

I'm not ready to go take a walk anywhere, however I think I'd be brave enough to try a little drive. Has this worked for others as a step along the way?

Thanks, Gail

Unless you have a very recognizable car, it's pretty low key. Any little steps to give yourself the courage to get out more is worth it! At worst, you might get stuck next to some giggling teenagers at a red light.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Yes, in my opinion it is a very safe way to get out of the house those first few times. Good luck and enjoy the view from the outside of your house.

Just be careful where you put you keys when you get out. I laid mine on the consul between the seats to hang up a tag on the mirror then when I got out the person that pulled in next to me pulled in a little close so I had to kind of twist a bit to get out and close the door. After so doing, I discovered that I had closed my skirt in the door and to my horror my keys were still on the consul. Fortunate my wife was there, but she was laughing so hard, it took her a while to find her clicker in her purse.

For your drives going out take a guy bag with you to have in the trunk in case of car trouble ect. Just extra piece of mind. ( throw in some baby wipes or something to remove makeup) Enjoy!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

As long as you are careful. This is how I started at night those many, many long years ago.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    It's a good way to start, if you drive a car, you will be seen by people in SUVs or trucks, but I like to show a lot of leg when I drive. Good luck, be confident and act normal.

I agree a great way to start and to get that smiling face out there and I second on the driving a car not quite so noticeable...I learned that one the hard way...when I started really dressing, at the time I had my Porsche convo. And was trying to catch a summer breeze. A group of teens on sea island pulled up to the light with me at the causeway. I hear one screaming about my car and wanting to see it up close...thank goodness I could drive and put up the top...was quite a scare, lol.
    Now, I do it with the top down.........hummmmmmm....that sounds.....fun.
    Ms. G
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Driving while dressed is a great start. My first trips out were first around my neighborhood then going farther and farther. Soon I was cruising down the interstate en femme and loving it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

pack an emergency kit of drab clothes for flat tire, etc. My truck has a tool box and the lid blew up on my first drive requiring me to get out and close it.
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

Yes, it's low risk. But be careful driving a stickshift in high heels... the clutch is murder.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    If you see a disgruntled mob with torches and pitch forks keep driving cause odds are there not after you. I know there are a few bad apples out there and that CD's and other TG people all run the risk off verbal abuse or worse. But, the chances are that you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

As others have said be prepared and drive save. As keep a pair of flats in the center console/glove box cause driving in heels is dangerous.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 12-17-2013 at 07:03 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystenw View Post
    I discovered that I had closed my skirt in the door and to my horror my keys were still on the consul.
    What a perfect moment for the car alarm to go off!

If you go out for a drive and don't want to be clocked, leave the convertible at home and avoid this type of outfit. But really, you almost have to grab people by the hair to get them to notice how you're dressed out in public. In forty years of gender blending I've had few unsavory incidents.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 12-17-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: mindless selfish embellishment
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Sure, why not.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Probably the lowest of risks, all people are watching are the road and other cars.
    Me, I'm looking at the girls on the sidewalk as well.
    That is a little riskier.
    Keep your eyes on your driving, keep your hands on the wheel, keep your filthy eyes on the road ahead.....

No I haven't got "Seven pretty girls sitting in the back seat".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Anita drives quite often

I... um, Anita drives quite often. If I'm on the road making a trip by myself she usually does most of the driving. I try to do the traveling at night because she is extremely shy but she does have a ball doing it. She will even stop and get out of the car from time to time but not for long, she feels self conscious about her short male styled haircut!
    In fact, she drove home from work yesterday crossdressed as a male! (i was under dressed).
    Make it your goal to make someone smile every day!

Aspiring Member
    Probably one of the lowest risks for getting out...pull into a gas station and fill up while you are at it.

I did that a LOT when I was younger. The hardest thing for me was to stifle my paranoia and not keep looking around when stopped in traffic or at a light. Pay attention when en drab to how much you actually look around while driving, the try to do the same while out and about in your Carmen Miranda (hat tip to Carla) outfit.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

For me, the hardest part of going out dressed is getting from the house to the car and then out of the neighborhood. Once clear of the house and neighborhood, driving has a pretty low risk of being recognized unless you have a pretty unique car or personalized license plate.

Remember, you have to get back into the house as well and you don't know who might be parked out front waiting for you so you might want to change back to male mode before you head home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    leave the convertible at home and avoid this type of outfit.
    Carla you are a roit
    Make it your goal to make someone smile every day!

Yes, that's how many of us first ventured out of the house. And take that emergency boy-clothes pack, with some makeup remover.

I did the dress up and driving thing a long time ago, and it didn't work out quite the way I wanted. I took my sports car instead of the truck, late at night figuring less traffic. And....wound up with some guys following me around in a pony car that kept trying to goad 'the blond in the hot sports car' into racing them. I did manage to eventually ditch them, but you never know what you're going to have to deal with. Yeah, they probably would have wanted to race no matter what I looked like, boy or girl, but who knows what else they might have on their mind.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yep driving is a great way to get out!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Marie View Post
    I'm not ready to go take a walk anywhere, however I think I'd be brave enough to try a little drive.
    Along with all the others it gets my vote along with the very sound advice about taking a boy bailout kit. Regarding the "not ready to go take a walk anywhere" can I suggest that your first tentative steps could be from your drivers door to the boot (trunk), either take something out or put something in and then back again? Done in a shoppers car park or a quiet lay-by it'll be short and sweet but boy will you get a rush. Get yourself together before you drive off! Tiny steps like this are how so many of us began but be warned, it can be addictive.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its a great way to get for your first time.