Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving, low risk?

This is the only way I go out. I underdress then put the rest on when I in the car away from home. I don't do the whole nine yards only putting on the women's clothes and shoes. It's pretty safe to do never had a problem. I did get a strange look and then a smile for the women at the toll both.

Its totally safe.... as long as you don't get in an accident.... or run out of fuel on some abandoned highway.... near a mental hospital... in a storm... or get pulled over by the police... or get abducted by a UFO.... totally safe...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I still love to get out and drive around ,but like Linda Allen said, the hardest part is getting out of the driveway and you never know who might be coming to visit you just as you come back.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Karren you are a beacon of sunshine!!! LOLOLOLOL

This may help with your self conciousness..
    When was the last time you look a someone driving a car and see if they may be a CD?
    Forget about it.

My only word of caution is that at this time of year you might find there are more police out looking for people coming home from Christmas parties who might have had just that one drink too many and doing random checks.

Unless you live next to the mall, it is the only way to get to it while dressed

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

It was a bit scary the first time I drove while as Miki, but I got over it quickly.

I drove dressed from San Jose to Sacramento a couple of months ago and had to stop for gas. I drive a Porsche Cayenne and had a hard time getting away from the questions about the car. Other than that, OBEY THE RULES.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Unlike being caught DUI, there is no DWC ("Driving While Crossdressed") infraction equivalent in effect anywhere that I am aware of . I was even stopped once at a random DUI-style spot check while en femme, and it ended up being a total non-event.

Still, there's always the outside risk of encountering a Dukes of Hazzard/Smokey and the Bear style member of the constabulary while out driving even in these more enlightened times, so why take any unnecessary risks?

Consequently, while I tend to be a rather ummm..."spirited" driver when in "guy" mode, "Leslie" is always on her best behavior and follows all of the traffic rules to the letter to ensure that she continues to fly under the radar - literally!

Miriam
    This was one of my greatest fears before I joined this forum nearly two years ago - especially of having to deal with police officers. Every once in a while someone will share another story of a non-event encounter with a police officer, or with other members of the public. Just remember to stay calm and honest no matter what happens, and it should be just as safe as driving in guy mode.

Miriam

You'd be surprised how easy it is to be anonymous in a car. My first drives started at night. Darkness rules. Later...many baby steps later, I 'graduated' to being a day driver. Like someone else said, if you are in a GM town and drive a non-GM car, people know. If you're in a foreign car town (outside of the rust belt) and drive an American car you might stand out. I say, when in Rome.....

In some states, the plate rules. The smaller the town, the more people 'round these parts know who drives what. It wasn't until I met a friend in the supermarket (in drab I was) and he said hey I thought I saw your car over.... people know. I now engage in stealth driving. During the day, sunvisors are down and cover the side windows. Sunroof is closed and I wear dark sunglasses. Then get out of small town as fast as I can. ah hem... within the speed limit though.

Once I'm out of town, I feel free and travel where I please. I still take care not to line up at a traffic light with other cars.... no need to encourage the one in a thousand that are out to out us....

With everything, just be careful or develop a great case of the IDC 'tude. (i.e. I Don't Care).

Renne.....

I've done this quite a few times, too. Since I have close by neighbors, I usually just dress partially in order to get to the car and then put the rest of my clothing on in the car. And my wig. I've ventured to the Post Office, actually parking and getting out of the car and walking to the mailbox and mailing some letters. And that was in 5 inch heels! The next time I do it, I'm going to definitely be toning it down. That's a good idea about keeping some drab clothes in the car. I haven't done that, but I will be from now on. I haven't had any problems as of yet. It's just baby steps but, eventually, I aim to get out fully and actually have a destination to go to for an evening of fun somewhere.

And...watch out for those red light cameras.
    You have to sneak away from your house as the neighbors might see you, likewise on your return.
    Short trips are better; I for one am not comfortable at highway rest stops.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yeah looks like everyones got this covered already....just dont go too late at night either, and obey all traffic laws..

Silver Member
    If you are comfortable with the risk of being pulled over and possibly questioned about being dressed, yes.

One thing to remember is to lock your doors, when you are inside and outside your car (especially at night); remember, women who are driving around alone are more at risk then a cis male driving around alone, plus you have the risk of a hate crime if a bad guy reads you. Unlikely to happen of course, but it is something women in my life have reminded me about.

I have dressed many times and went for a drive around town. Once I got brave enough to drive the 20 miles to Wal-Mart. Sat there for about 15 minutes then realized why I got a parking spot up front at 3 AM. They was closed so came back home. But it was still a great outing

Well I started dressing when I was 9 so by the time I got my license I used my car as my chance to get out of the neighborhood and dress fully and figured I wouldn't be noticed by anyone I knew I was about 20 miles from home and was enjoying every minute. People saw me and I saw them but I don't think they knew I was a guy wearing a mini skirt and halter top. Oh to be young again.

I was reading Renne's post about driving in day light (most start at night me inc.) and it wasn't until late last year I drove in day light; and you know what, it wasn't a big deal. Like the others have said, obey the rules, be a polite driver and in free flowing traffic then you're all but anonymous. You soon learn how to position yourself if queuing for lights if it's more than one lane so as to avoid the sideways glances but even if you can't, just look like you belong and move off carefully when the lights change.

Plan ahead; don't do as I did once and go out one night without enough fuel. As that turned out it was a good thing because it forced me to do what I'd been trying to build courage to do and that was buy fuel enfem at a self serve pump. Since then I've done it in day light, at a busy petrol station and do you know what? No-one said or did anything and I'm not the best at passing.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Once you do it then you'll realize that its easy peazy.

You will soon look for the next step in being out there!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Its totally safe.... as long as you don't get abducted by a UFO.... totally safe...
    Just keep the moon roof closed.

Hey, that's not funny! It really happens out here! And once they have you in the spacecraft they...............
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Karren you are a beacon of sunshine!!! LOLOLOLOL
    beacon on cancer causing UV radiation?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Just keep the moon roof closed.

Hey, that's not funny! It really happens out here! And once they have you in the spacecraft they...............
    Realign your gender? Be funny watching them try to turn you into a male..... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I broke the ice this same way, driving around at night, then in the day, then venturing from the safety of the car to the unknown world of gas stations, malls, movies, restaurants, and art museums.

A pitfall you might want to avoid: too much coffee. Lest you find yourself like I did, far between public restrooms in rural Upstate New York, standing in the shelter of the car door, dress rucked up and complex female underwear all disarrayed, taking an emergency whiz on the roadside. Whereupon a pack of bikers blazed on by. I was momentarily panicked, until one shaggy dude flashed me the Victory salute with a huge grin. Then he gunned it and sped onward. And so did I.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Jackie 7's story is very funny. That can be a big issue, the bathroom one, not the bikers. Well, maybe the bikers too. Simply, wherever you decide to tinkle that you remember which room to use. Once, in a restaurant years ago, I walked all the way into the men's room before I realized that I was not dressed for the ocassion there. Luckily that was the first and last time I made that mistake. I may be Polish but I'm no dumb blond. About the driving thing. Don't speed and avoid and accident. AND make sure your good at driving in heels or bring flats for the drive and chnage your shoes when you get wherever you're going.
    Last edited by Stephanie Julianna; 12-18-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: additional thought

this is something i tought of too haha but my tought has tinted windows in it or driving at night

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    Yes, it's low risk. But be careful driving a stickshift in high heels... the clutch is murder.
    I have mastered driving my stickshift just as good with my heels as with flats. I learned quickly as, I don,t like being dressed without my heels.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.