Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driving, low risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    It's a good way to start, if you drive a car, you will be seen by people in SUVs or trucks, but I like to show a lot of leg when I drive. Good luck, be confident and act normal.
    Just as I have to have my heels, all my skirts and dresses have to be short. And I love to be at a stop light with a truck next to me. ( as long as it,s a big truck that I know can,t chase me down).
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post

As others have said be prepared and drive save. As keep a pair of flats in the center console/glove box cause driving in heels is dangerous.
    This is good advise, it seems here in the UK unsuitable footwear is becoming more of an issue, road safety organisations have been campaigning for people to take more care with footwear choices. At least one European country wants a ban on heels when driving and god forbid the worst happens it seems that insurance companies can use this as a reason to not payout. Most recently in my area a member of the farming community was sent on a driving safety course after the police caught him wearing wellies on a routine stop. So please take care when you are out there.

Silver Member
    I got a flat tire which I had to change in a mini, 5 inch heels, with an audience of viewers.

You had an audience because you looked so damned hot!

Oh yeah! Driving is how I first went out in public dressed as a woman. Driving is actually a really safe and fun way to get your feet wet with going out in public. Even if you were stopped by the police for a traffic violation, they are always courteous and treat you with respect and generally don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Marie View Post
    Is driving while dressed a fairly safe way to get out, at least a bit? /
    I've found it to be, granted I have a Subaru. I was followed once by some teens briefly but nothing occurred, just nosy. I was also stopped at a drunk driving checkpoint on the weekend prior to Halloween and the state trooper could not have cared less, although I was freaked out at the time.

The seatbelt crossing between your breasts highlights their shape and may attract attention unless you cover up. Blonde hair often gets a glance, but big boobs always do.

If it's daytime, wear big sunglasses, like every other woman.

I was stopped once for a headlight out while in a dress. If the officer noticed, he sure didn't react... and it's their jobs to notice anything...

If you're driving dressed and teenagers or other people start following you around, it's either because you look so bad that it's obvious that you're a crossdresser or it's that you are wearing inappropriate clothing or makeup. In either case, there's a fix. Work on it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Another thing that might relax you a bit is that you'll just look like a woman driving her car. I mean, that's all! LOL.

The only time I drove en femme I did a lot of changing while driving because I didn't want the neighbors to see me get into the car en femme. I brought two paper bags, one with girl stuff, the other with guy stuff. I applied makeup in a parking lot with the rearview mirror.

Next time I plan to wear big jogging pants over my skirt when leaving the house. Then, find a more secluded road to change into the rest. Makes me nervous when a pickup truck is following, but that's just me I guess.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and suggestions!

I'll let you know how it works out. Do wish I still had my sporty little Mustang. That would be fun!

If you don't want to be detected as a cders, lose the mustang. A sports car draws attention first of all and why, unless you are looking for the attention, would you want to be outed and noticed? Think about it and have fun....it is a great feeling driving dressed!
    Mykchelle

You're quite right, and the Mustang is long gone, but there is something delicious about the idea of driving the sporty car down PCH while dressed.... Ummmmm!

Platinum Member
    Last edited by Wendy me; 12-23-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Banned Read only
    I have to agree with comments made you are anonymous at night, if you try to make out passing drivers you can hardly tell their gender, ( I bet we leave them guessing!) At first I would slip into my car just dressed no makeup or wig and drive a few miles, so you have the feeling of being dressed without giving the game away. The last time at night I had full makeup on and popped the wig on in a layby. I drove to the next town determined to take a walk, I drove right round the center and even had to stop at a pedestrian crossing but I chickened out of the walk.By the time I got back it felt so comfortable I just got out of the car wearing 4" knee high boots and wig and wriggled cheekily to door.

HI Vickie, Yes there are monuments, I was stopped in Prospect Conn. for a light out. The officer asked me to step out of the car after he got back up. I my low beam was out , I had 3 inch heels an my long dark wig, a nice dress. They put me in front of the second cruisers lights so there i was in all my glory. I was going to a meeting in Hartfort an had made some venison chili which slid on the seat as I stopped . The officer said that was why he had to search the car, YEA. The other officer was a little bit jumpy, so I ask if any of his friends were C D's . He said no , I then ask if he would like some chili as it was still hot. The look on his face was great. JO

What's wrong with Mustangs? I drive one every day dressed or not! Back window has a big running pony decal, and says Indian Outlaw. No question it's my car! Fire truck red with a rumbly 5.0L
    Seriously though, There is a good point to be made here. You ask if driving around is "safe" and the state you wish you had your 'stang back? If you want to motor about in relative anonymity, go with a Taurus, or a Fusion, or something. Avoid the Mustangs, GT500, or Saleen S7! Those things cry out "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!" Yes it may be fun to be pretty in a pretty car, but you'll out yourself fast (no pun intended) on Main St....

So I'm a little conflicted...

What can I say?

Might go for a little drive later. Sounds fun!

As other have said, I too started getting out that way. I found it to be very safe (though nerve-wracking at first). Driving led to ATM use, then the gas station, then parking and walking a bit... it went on from there.