Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why the female name?

Question why the female name?

for those that do not want to be a woman and are happy being a man... i never understood this need to have a femme name? ... i'm talking the people who say they are the same whether dressed or not... that they are always THEM and not adopting some new persona or acting differently... well mostly i mean!

i can kinda see if you are going out and about and had to introduce yourself... would be kinda weird to say "i'm BILL!" or something...

but still it was a shock to me when i first came here long ago that it seemed like 99% have some sort of female moniker!

i've toyed with a few names (Erica / Adriana / Erin) but it never felt right to me...

also how extensive is it?

to the people that do it

do they ever change their name or have a last and middle name

maybe even have a background story where you grew up etc (just kidding... but how is that really all that far removed? hehe!)

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    its all for fun in my mind. I know some that might even be upset if those around them call them by the incorrect pronoun. Around here especially its just an interesting way to be addressed since most people don't use their real name anyway.

When I'm dressed (or on here) I am Sally Lisa Smith, but I like my middle name better so I'm S. Lisa Smith, but you can call me Lisa...

True story: I needed a user name for this forum and picking a female name sounded like a good idea at the time. I could have used my real unmistakably male name or some gender-neutral word, but alas, it's already too late. I actually never thought about picking a name until I needed one here.

Banned Read only
    Undoubtedly, it is simply a "coping mechanism" for many. Our Human brains do this daily in all kinds of situations, that we are mostly unaware of. There is absolutely no reason why CDing would be any different than all the other data our brains deal with daily.

Makeup addict!
    Good question. I find it's just for fun so I can have some other name to go by when I'm dressed up. I'd be freaked out if people did start calling me Brittany

kinda funny too me. you understand the need to dress...so why is it that far of a stretch to have a femme name?
    paula

Banned Read only
    For me is it simply incongruous to have a male name with a female image. If my name was gender neutral, I would not have adopted a name. Make no mistake, my female nickname is just that. It is not another personality.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me it's about how I feel and look when dressed. I just don't think a male name can go with my look.
    I use to call myself a different name before I came here and many here know I just recently changed to a female name here.
    I actually use the fem version of my middle name. Since I do feel I'm pretty much the same in male or female mode it seemed best for me.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    <--- Try and call me by a male name, I dare you!

Even though I'm TS now, calling my self by a male name when dressed in the past just felt wrong. Kind of like calling a dog by saying "here kitty kitty...." I've always been the same person, clothes have never changed me.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 12-17-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Its the name that's always been stuck deep inside my head name plus its what my mother was going to call me if I were born a girl....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

girly girl
    All just part of the fantasy for me. I always thought "Abby" was just a cute name. What I really had a hard time with was coming up with a LAST name for gmail, pinterest, etc.

I think sitting here in a wig, boobs, padded panties, etc. and calling myself "George" or "Bruce" would be pretty silly.

"Linda" is the name I would have had if I had been born a female. "Allen" is an old family name.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My name evolves as I do as a person. I have a first, middle and last female name. To me it all fits in with what I'm trying to accomplish which in my case is mostly to have fun.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I find it odd not to use a female name.

Platinum Member
    I would put myself in the column with those who would find it incongruous to present as a woman and use a man's name. However, my name is a constant, because Kimberly is my given name.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Only have the jennialy name cause my wife and I needed a name to speak of when the kids are around or out and about.
    I personally feel like I'm the same person no matter how I'm dressed and don't see the point of calling myself some alias.

For those who remember Lucy Bella was not my original name on here ( I got this name from my pets) ..My original name was offense to many members here and after a brief time of being away I changed it to were it wasn't as controversial ..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Miriam
    For me it's a practical matter. On this forum and in the support group, it matches expectations and reduces unneeded questions. When I'm in public gal mode, it's a lot better for my wife to call out Miriam than my guy name.

But it doesn't change the fact that I'm still me - the guy with the guy name. In private settings with my wife and those friends who are in the know, that's still the name that we use.

Miriam

This begs the question: why are names sexualized at all? I am in the camp of "I am always me, whether dressed or not." But I can't be ALL of me, because I am a contradiction. (I bet you are too, btw.) When I dress, I get to express another part of me. The name is a natural extension of that expression. But the truth is, while I am always "me," I am not always Leyna. Sometimes I'm John. Sometimes I'm Dad. Sometimes I'm a child. But these aren't different personalities; they are just different aspects of me. Why do my kids call me "Dad"? Why don't they just call me John? Well, b/c, to them, I'm not John (or Leyna); I'm Dad.
    I am not who you think I am

When I was a kid, One of my favorites things to do was go to the neighborhood cinema really early before the feature film's beginning just to listen to the 70's music they played before the films, I was poor and It was the only way I could listen to stereo sound.
    I remember there was a voice on a song that I loved the most and I asked one adult who the artist was and he told me she was ''Barbara Streisand'' just to remind this was on LatinAmerica and it was the first time I heard from her ....so Barbara always stuck on my mind since then.

I can't imagine having a female name as I feel like exactly the same person whether dressed or not.

Suzanne has been dying to get out for so long. I had been pushing her away. I am the same person just more authentic now.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

I crossdressed for forty years--in the closet--and never felt the need for or had a female name. Then internet forums came along and everything changed.

When I was growing up, everyone called me by my nickname, 'J'. I just put a feminine twist/spelling to it and it sorta stuck with me.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.