About a year after I started dressing fully, I was living with a roommate. He was going out one night and I was not so I decided to have some fun dressing. Like any good t-girl, I took quite a few pics that night of myself all dressed up. Before my roommate got back, I undressed, painstakingly removed any trace of makeup and went to bed. The next morning was like any other and I got up and went to work.

When I came back home in the evening, he said he wanted to talk to me. Not thinking anything at this point, I went outside while he had a smoke and sat down. He says to me "me and Ashley were in your room today because we needed to use your computer. She decided to look in your camera and we came across some interesting photos" with a huge grin on his face. My heart stopped, my facial expression was blank and all that came out of my mouth was "ok". Seeing the look on my face my friend said " it's OK. Plenty if guys like to wear women's clothes, I just never expected it from you...it really caught me off guard. I don't think any less of you, and our relationship is not going to change. I just thought it was fair that you know that we know."

Wow. At that point in my life, not a soul knew about Kristina and I thought that I was doomed to a life of secrecy. Not only did someone know now, but they still loved me and it actually brought us closer together. Since that day, we've went our separate ways, but we still keep in touch and are still very good friends. Every time we talk, he asks about Kristina and how she's doing.

So last night the 2 of us (my male self) went out for a few drinks at our favorite little hole-in-the-wall bar. Kristina was part of the conversation and he offered to meet her and even go out for a drink with her and my wife. Also he's a journalist and he was asking me if he could write a story about me and try to get it published to help with the cause of acceptance for us girls.

What an amazing person and friend. The horrible mistake I thought I made has ended up being one of the greatest mistakes I've ever made. I'm so thankful to have him in my life. It's just so wonderful to have a friend who I can 100% be myself around and not worry about being judged or the effect on our relationship.

Just thought I'd share this positive story with you girls. I hope each and everyone of you have or will one day have someone in your life like my friend.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous, girly New Year everyone!