Thread: The best mistake Kristina ever made

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.

The best mistake Kristina ever made

About a year after I started dressing fully, I was living with a roommate. He was going out one night and I was not so I decided to have some fun dressing. Like any good t-girl, I took quite a few pics that night of myself all dressed up. Before my roommate got back, I undressed, painstakingly removed any trace of makeup and went to bed. The next morning was like any other and I got up and went to work.

When I came back home in the evening, he said he wanted to talk to me. Not thinking anything at this point, I went outside while he had a smoke and sat down. He says to me "me and Ashley were in your room today because we needed to use your computer. She decided to look in your camera and we came across some interesting photos" with a huge grin on his face. My heart stopped, my facial expression was blank and all that came out of my mouth was "ok". Seeing the look on my face my friend said " it's OK. Plenty if guys like to wear women's clothes, I just never expected it from you...it really caught me off guard. I don't think any less of you, and our relationship is not going to change. I just thought it was fair that you know that we know."

Wow. At that point in my life, not a soul knew about Kristina and I thought that I was doomed to a life of secrecy. Not only did someone know now, but they still loved me and it actually brought us closer together. Since that day, we've went our separate ways, but we still keep in touch and are still very good friends. Every time we talk, he asks about Kristina and how she's doing.

So last night the 2 of us (my male self) went out for a few drinks at our favorite little hole-in-the-wall bar. Kristina was part of the conversation and he offered to meet her and even go out for a drink with her and my wife. Also he's a journalist and he was asking me if he could write a story about me and try to get it published to help with the cause of acceptance for us girls.

What an amazing person and friend. The horrible mistake I thought I made has ended up being one of the greatest mistakes I've ever made. I'm so thankful to have him in my life. It's just so wonderful to have a friend who I can 100% be myself around and not worry about being judged or the effect on our relationship.

Just thought I'd share this positive story with you girls. I hope each and everyone of you have or will one day have someone in your life like my friend.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous, girly New Year everyone!
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

A heart warming story. Thank you, Kristina...

Very happy to hear of your "bad luck" and the "new" friend you have acquired. We should all have such bad luck.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Wonderful story. Consider yourself a very lucky girl. Enjoy your femininity,it is a true blessing. Great Flker page.

Wow, what a wonderful story!!! Look forward to reading about it!!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing, nice to have true friends like that

What a heart warming story Kristina. So much like a fairy tale in many ways and the ending was so sweet.

Best wishes to you for a very Merry Christmas and Happy (girlie New Year.

Hugs, Robin

What a wonderful story. I hope it's just the first chapter of many happy experiences. Now how 'bout sharing some of that luck with the Saints this Sunday

Wendy

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Kristina,

Love the final outcome but I have to admit, I'd be more than a little peeved if my friends had been rooting around my personal space whilst I was out. Use of the computer yes, but flicking through the camera?

Each to their own though, and I'm glad that your friend appears to be a real friend in real life.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Thanks girls - yes I'm very lucky that so far no one that knows about Kristina has been anything but wonderful.

Wendy - I would if I could! Geaux saints!!!!

Rebecca - until you said that, that thought never even crossed my mind. I think I was so in awe and trying to create excuses that we're not there to even get mad they were looking through my camera!
    My Flickr

That's a great story Kristina. Heartwarming as well. NOLA's a great city, too.

Great story Kristina, I have had the sinking feeling sometimes but it was not someone finding out, thank goodness.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    great story!! does he have any single friends ?? j.k

Great story indeed, wonderful to have such open-minded and accepting friends. Keep us posted on the articles your friend is going to write!

Stories like these truly make me wonder if not all guys at least understand the 'feelings' cross-dressers have deep down inside (if they're not conditioned to find it gross in the first place).

Silver Member
    Glad it has a good outcome so far. I too would have had an issue with his girlfriend looking at the camera!

I have a fave saying (actually many but here is just one) "If a close call is not acknowledged, it is more likely to be repeated and possibly with a much worse outcome."

Moral is don't leave incriminating pics on a camera, computer... that others have access to.

Great mistake! And a Great story.

I think you'll find on campus to be a great place to come out. Freedom of self expression is often encouraged in collage.

Ooohhh no Sara! My computer is full of Kristina pics - better password protect it! Lol

5150 girl - it actually was not in college. I did not have the good fortune of attending college.

Zylia - I will post the article if he ever gets around to writing it! Sometimes a couple drinks make us a little overly ambitious!
    My Flickr

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kristina,

What a great story . . . who would have thought that some errand pictures would have opened up a great opportunity for you to share Kristina with a friend.

Hugs

Isha

Thanks for sharing a good experience!
    Hugs, Carole

Kristina
    I love this post! I have had the same experience with most everyone I have told about Suzanne. Several of my friends have been out with me. For the most part people have been loving and supportive. I believe I had been naturally choosing friends that would be open minded and supportive in the first place. My mother and sister were loving toward me but I don't think they would want to see me as Suzanne and that is ok. Anyway I am happy for you. I think the more we disclose ourselves to people the more accepting society will be as a whole. I know that is not possible for all of us. But for those of us who are out we should be presenting a positive image to society. Just my opinion !
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Suzanne, I could not agree with you more! There are some hetero cd's that try so hard not to be discovered that they create an outward intolerance of gays and other different people while being their male self. They are so paranoid someone will find out that they feel like they have to bash gays, transgendered and others or someone will accuse them of being a member of one of these groups simply because they are accepting. It's sad, unproductive for them and invites unaccepting people into their life.

I'm a huge consumer of literature on positive thought and self development and this situation brings to mind 2 quotes from one of my favorite authors - Zig Ziglar. He says "EXACTLY what you put out is EXACTLY what you get in return" and " You are the sum of the 5 people you hang with most"

Spread love and it will come bak to you one way or another!
    My Flickr