Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever done anything where you had to show your ID while you were dressed?

Have you ever done anything where you had to show your ID while you were dressed?

Have you every done anything to where you have to show your ID while you were dressed up?

LOL! I have. Buying alcohol at a store, getting into a bar or club, showing my ID for using my card in a bar, got stopped by a cop once. So, anything?

Gone to live my life
    Unfortunately much too old to get carded at a bar or liquor store (boy or girl). However, when I travel for business "en femme" I normally book using the government rate so I always have to show my military ID - no issues to date. As well, I always have to show my driver's licence when I rent a car for the same business trip . . . again no issues.

Hugs

Isha

All the time. Just hand it to them.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Unfortunately much too old to get carded at a bar or liquor store (boy or girl). However, when I travel for business "en femme" I normally book using the government rate so I always have to show my military ID - no issues to date. As well, I always have to show my driver's licence when I rent a car for the same business trip . . . again no issues.

Hugs

Isha
    Oh wow! You travel en femme. You should respond to my other thread as I've addressed that and I really wanna try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Yeah, same here. I never got a reaction.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-19-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Lots of times at clubs and once driving. No problems other than the bouncer who insisted on calling me "sir."

Banned Read only
    First time I was driving while dressed I was pulled over for speeding while on my way to pick up my wife to go shopping and attend a event! A lot of firsts that day!

When I was younger at clubs. Just had that happen at a hotel we stayed at on vacation. Never a problem.

Livin in Vegas it always happens.
    Always glad to hand it over and smile.
    Renee

Never really a problem except sometimes you surprise people. Halloween I once had the ticket taker's mouth drop open and he then asked another staff person and before I knew it there was a whole group of staff coming over to look at me...it was fun though - for a party, they liked my costume and could not believe I was not female.
    Chickie

Yes .. one time. It was to a bar/club.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I bought alcohol and had to show it. They didn't say anything

I have posted this story previously.

Some time ago I was on the motorway at night with the wife dressed when a few cars ahead there was an accident. I saw the whole thing as one car changed lanes without signalling pushing anther car into the central reservation that then collided with anther. Five cars in total! I stopped in time and we got out to help. the motorway was completely blocked and after checking every one, no one was hurt badly just shook up, we returned to our car and let the emergency services do their job. The police come over and took a statement, it was then I realised I would have to give my male name "SH!T" I could have died on the spot. He just took all the details and never batted an eyelid, even said "thank you Miss we will be in touch"
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

Yes a lot of times. Every time we go out. No biggie. They are most always very nice about it.
    Life is too short to worry about what others think about you!!!!!!!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've ridden Amtrak en femme and have had to show an ID before boarding. I've never had a problem.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Banned Read only
    Years ago when I was at that tender age needing to show ID and it was still illegal for a man to wear a dress most places, I was driving home from a friends house. Me being a brave soul, I decided that I would drive emfemm. Well as luck would have it my car broke down. Just up the road was a bar. Not just a bar but a Biker Bar (oh why didn't they have cell phones in those days?) After all attempts to get the car running failed, I had no choice. I had to go use the phone at the bar. I summoned up all the courage I could and off to the bar I went. I entered the front door. The room went silent. The record in the jukebox changed and everyone went on with what they were doing. I walked up to the bar and asked to use the telephone in my best female voice. Thank god it was kind of noisy! I made my call and got a tow truck coming. As I got up to leave, to of the biggest baddest, nasty looking dudes you ever saw stopped me. Not really, they were just headed up to the bar for another drink and were right there in front of me (I think I pissed down my leg). I made it out the door and was walking away before anyone said anything to me. The tow truck arrived just about the time I arrived. He loaded up my car and gave me a ride home. I ran in my house and had a heart attack. I still laugh about that night all these years later.

I've had several encounters with the police (traffic stops, headlight out, 5mph over the limit...) and they've never been anything other than totally professional.

The only other time was while shopping. I'd forgotten to sign the back of my new credit card, so the cashier asked to see some ID. She glanced at it, then went back to talking about how much she liked to color of the blouse I was buying
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

About a year ago I was staying in a hotel in Boston. I had dressed up to go out and meet the local TG group, and realized I didn't put my car keys in my purse after I had stepped out the door. Of course, this was exactly the time that the card key decided to demagnetize. After about twenty tries to get the door to open, I resigned myself to my fate. I took the elevator down to the front desk and asked for them to fix my key. The gentleman said "Sure, but I need to see some ID." Wondering which deity I had p*ssed off that day, I pulled out my ID and said "I look a bit different today." He just laughed, re-programmed the key, and I was on my way.

If you want to hear more about the story, you should be able to find a thread I posted in the Special Events and Occasions area back in November 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Same here. At least my name is the same, even though the photo doesn't quite match unless you squint your eyes.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

I have often shown ID, especially buying season train tickets.
    In London I had a photo taken in a photo booth with long hair, this covered me in both modes for a weekly ticket on the tube.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Traveling pretty. Have to show it at airline check-in, TSA Checkpoint, car rental, and hotel check-in. Since once you star by leaving home en femme, there's no where to go but forward. I loved it the first time, and it's still not a ho hum routine for me -- more of an adventure.

Try it, you'll love it.

Regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yes. Several bars I have been into they asked to my my ID and also one time I got pulled over by the Highway Patrol and the officer asked to see my ID.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yes, twice. Results were unexpected both times.

o Pulled over dolled up by the police in a left turn trap. Policeman asked to see my driver's license. I feared the absolute worst, but he was absolutely 100% professional, although he did tack on a bonus citation for not wearing prescription eye wear.

o Presented my driver's license at the cage at the Riviera in Las Vegas to get my preferred status card. The response was "what room are you in, Fred, will you want tickets to the show tonight, Fred, how long will you be staying with us, Fred." So unnecessary, but it stayed in Las Vegas :-)

Hugs, Michelle

only to use my credit card,, no problem at all

Oh yes, a couple times. Never had a problem though.
    Stephanie

out riding around one saturday nite, drove into state park which closes at sunset, pulled overby game warden who patrols the area, a very nice young fellow who checked to see if I was wanted, then asked " do you dress like this a lot, Mr. C--------, " I said yes, " ok sir, have a safe evening" I went on bout my business