Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man in a dress - humiliation!

Man in a dress - humiliation!

I've been listening to the radio and a female presenter thinks it's hilarious that a male presenter is being made to wear a dress. The implication is that he will find it humiliating.

If society still considers it humiliating for a man to wear a dress are we ever going to be accepted?

Katie

I fail to understand how wearing a dress is humiliating. If that's the case, it's no wonder most women opt to wear pants.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I guess really it depends on the dress, doesn't it?
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Being forced to wear a dress would be humiliating if you're not a crossdresser. Wearing a dress without presenting as female would be humiliating as well unless you just want to call attention to yourself.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

eventually . Society is just lame think of people like robots being told what to do. go get some of the most macho celebs to wear a dress something not to girly or it wont work and get all the female celebs and other females to go crazy over them nd broadcast that to the world and watch how fast the new trend catches on.

it once was too gay for a man to wear pink but now its fashion.
    once men didnt care much about hairstyles etc but now its different

Quote Originally Posted by autogirl View Post
    it once was too gay for a man to wear pink but now its fashion.
    once men didnt care much about hairstyles etc but now its different
    Yes. Acceptance changes over time. Imagine the best player in the NBA in the 1950's showing up for a game with a gigantic diamond earring.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I have a pink shirt. When I wear it, I invariably get compliments from girls. When I wear a dress, I get similar compliments from girls!

Silver Member
    The Holy Grail, if you will for CD's... is when doing things feminine is viewed in high regard by both men and women. A girl going out for boy's baseball in school is highly supported, a boy trying out for cheer is frowned upon.

Also how boring would that radio program be if she complimented him and was nice? There is a chance he wasn't even in a dress.

A high school near me annually has a cross dress day. I see the students walk by. The girls just wear their regular jeans, and a hockey jersey. The guys all opt for an ill- fitting dress. They walk by my house laughing and carrying on as usual, with their hairy legs, and sock boobs. I don't sense any humiliation, just good clean fun.

One persons opinion doesn't reflect everyone

Banned Read only
    For the Alpha male type wearing a dress might be very well humiliating to him. Quit worrying about what someone else thinks. If you enjoying wearing dresses, then wear dresses. If you are only comfortable wearing bib overalls, a hard hat, and dirt from the oil fields, then wear that. The main thing is just be yourself, everything else will take care of itself.

I am afraid there is a large part of society that will never accept CDers.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Being forced to wear a dress would be humiliating if you're not a crossdresser. Wearing a dress without presenting as female would be humiliating as well unless you just want to call attention to yourself.
    Or just want to wear a dress and don't give a Flying F what other people think.

Banned Read only
    I think you are taking this out of context. If a non-cross dresser was made to wear a dress as a result of some bet, it would be humiliating to that man. This person is not presenting as female and has no desire to. It's no different than if a woman was made to wear men's tight-whities in public. It covers like a bikini but it is unnatural to her.

Growing up the neighborhood girls played a game "catch the boy and put a dress on him" for some strange reason I got caught way way more often than anyone else.... that was 5 decades ago.... and nothings changed.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Russell View Post
    I've been listening to the radio and a female presenter thinks it's hilarious that a male presenter is being made to wear a dress. The implication is that he will find it humiliating.

If society still considers it humiliating for a man to wear a dress are we ever going to be accepted?

Katie
    I know, right? I've been saying this kind of thing for a long time! I once covered a story, a couple men were arrested for harassing a female, and to PUNISH them, the judge made them walk around the court house for an hour in dresses. I told my reporter, wee nee to ask the judge where he gets off making wearing dresses a punishment when there are millions of TG people fighting for acceptance.

Apropos this topic, I liked this story: http://news.msn.com/world/iranian-cr...opycat-support

We definitely have a long way to go. We don't even have total acceptance within the "safe boundaries" of this forum: i.e.: "Wearing a dress without presenting as female would be humiliating as well unless you just want to call attention to yourself."

Aspiring Member
    When I was in college (years ago) I wanted to know the scientific facts about transvestism (as it was referred). The only place you would find it was in an Abnormal Psychology course. There was one chapter on Sexual Aberrations and we learned that cross-dressers were delusional, rejecting reality, often as a defense mechanism to childhood trauma. It was assumed they all needed therapy because they were using cross-dressing as a substitute for their need for human intimacy.

Today most psychologists consider it a common fetish. And, many wives of cross-dressers still consider it grounds for divorce.

Regarding a male presenter being humiliated by wearing a dress; Well, for approximately 95% of the male population all they are capable of feeling is humiliation and embarrassed from the experience. Many men would rather die than wear a dress in public. Or course it's different for people like us. However that is only because we have super-human powers. Our brain have extra neural connections that provide us with wonderful sensory experiences. Our only problem is how do we manage our super powers in a society which cannot share our sensory experience.

Where I live men wear skirts all the time. Indeed at some functions its considered obligatory, and men hire them so they do not feel out of place ....... its called a Kilt and no one takes notice and no ridicule, no sniggering, no laughing, just acceptance its the norm. However if I went down the street in a dress I dread to think what may happen !!!! Funny old world isn't it ?

Isn't this a pretty basic comedy schtick? From Milton Berle to Tyler Perry.
    I am not who you think I am

Katie,
    It is progress, at least they make fun of the man in a dress these days.
    Once it was not worth a mention, so no air time.
    Think of the segment as a positive step in "some" direction.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Okee dokey, well that settles it then. If one just happens to be one of those silly people who can't read the minds of JD public, it's best to NOT go out in public "dressed". Does that pretty much sum it up? Can't be having strangers out in the RW that don't approve of other people's presentation?

"We have met the enemy and they is us". < POGO

Aspiring Member
    I'm with Karen, 5 decades ago a bunch or boys in my class, myself included, got in trouble for something. We were all made to wear a dress for the afternoon. Wasn't humiliating when all your classmates were also wearing dresses. I might add that none of us went home and complained as that would have then resulted in further punishment from our parents for getting it trouble in the first place.