Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing the doc

Seeing the doc

My annual physical is coming up soon and i'm thinking of wearing panties for the first time with my doc. Any suggestions. He's already seen that I shave almost all of my body except for a little "bikini" patch.
    jennigrace

Banned Read only
    Unless you are a full-time panty-wearer, then why shock your doctor? No need to be an exhibitionist, unless you don't own men's underwear. Lot's of non-crossdressers shave their bodies too.

Edit: my doctor has seen me in panties, but that's all I have to wear. He wasn't phased by it.
    Last edited by KayleeTaylor; 12-20-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I have one or two pairs of men's underwear specifically for Dr. visits and locker rooms. That's the only time I wear them.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Silver Member
    It's something I don't get pantie and doctors. I live full time and have had plenty of dr visits the last few years including physical and have never had a doctor or nurse see my panties

Why is it such a big deal for some crossdressers to show them off at the doctors?

I am with you Arbon. Unless one lives that way, why? No offense meant to those that do, and please do what you want, but for a part timer like me that is just revealing too much of another side of me that there is no justifiable reason to reveal to my doctor.

I agree w/Arbon. I wear panties 24/7 , and get an annual physical. I am handed a gown by the nurse and asked to disrobe--everything. My undies are off and hang under my jeans and shirt. There's no way they would know what underwear I wear. Only reason I could imagine to expose underdressing is if you're thinking this would help your case for HRT, but even then this is considered based on your referral letter. My view, best to keep your underwear choice to yourself. No sense becoming an anecdote told in the doctor's lounge. Nancy

I just spent almost a week in the hospital with no panties...I would have loved to wear some and I am sure the staff would have liked it too. Do you REALLY think your doctor cares what you wear?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I wear panties to the doctor, because I don't have anything else. He doesn't care. When you have regular prostate exams, it's pretty hard for the doctor not to see your panties.

I'm married and only dress at home with a very understanding SO. I under dress all the time I'm not in the house but have never gone to the doctors with my girl under clothes on, but I have thought of it many times but have not gotten the nerve up to do it. I just have this nagging feeling of wanting to share my feminine side with some one else.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    [QUOTE=arbon;3382482]It's something I don't get pantie and doctors...........QUOTE]

I suppose it depends on how much the wearer paid for them?

Silk and expensive, it's got to be done, but not sure he'll be so wowed by my Marks & Spencer soft cotton lacy types.

Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ............. Do you REALLY think your doctor cares what you wear?
    I suppose it depends on his personal preferences but I might just drop this into my next visit. "A repeat prescription of steroids please, oh and while I'm here Doc, what do you think of my knickers"?

Rebecca
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-21-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post. you have been here long enough to know this.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I have the mandatory tighty whities for my annual. However one year he told me to take my socks off. He never did that before. I told him he didn't have to check my feet. He said he did. Off came the socks baring ten beautiful red toe nails. I was mortified but all he said was "Nice." Won't do that again.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Last time my Dr saw my drawers they were a pastel pink but were guy bikinis and it was a non issue.
    I wear whatever pair is on top of the stack guys/ girls panties makes no difference its just underwear.
    Really I don't get what the thrill would be to be honest.I think I would be mortified if he saw me in my Spiderman underoos.

My motto: Keep it in the closet. Nothing good to be gained by sharing with my doctor. For those out and about with their dressing it make sense to wear what works for you -- doctor or not.

Banned Read only
    Just go commando; that'll throw them off for sure.

Silver Member
    I wouldn't wear panties to the doctor's office if I expected to disrobe. I just posted about my bra strap showing for a shot. I didn't plan it, it happened.

I also had a chiropractor and staff who saw my panties. I had been there several times and didn't expect anything lower than my shoulders. Before I realized she had put paddles under my panties to stimulate my lower back. At that point I continued to wear panties for my daily visits.

I don't want to wear anything that could distract.

I just saw my internist last Friday to go over how to give myself a shot of estradiol. While I was dressed en homme, I fiqured it would be too weird (for me) not to wear panties for my first girl shot.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I have some cotton microfiber panties in various subdued colors (black, brown, tan) that I wear to the clinic (when I think about it). They're sold for women but, except for the absence of a fly, are essentially unisex. Nobody has ever said a word. Once or twice I have forgotten while dressing in the morning and wore my usual nylon briefs to an appointment. No reaction, no comments. It wouldn't enter my mind to remove my toenail polish unless a doctor said it was medically necessary for some reason. Everyone I see regularly is well aware of my presentation (which also includes acrylic nails, shaped eyebrows, shaved body hair, tattoos and piercings) and it is not a point of conversation anymore. Medical professionals are there to take care of your health, not comment on your fashion or lifestyle choices -- and if you are honest and unapologetic about your presentation, they'll treat it as the non-issue it is.

- Diane

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    I can't actually remember my last visit to see the Dr ... but I know I didn't wear panties, nor would I choose to now.
    Fun loving skirt wearer

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I certainly wouldn't wear panties to the doctor, or even my thigh-highs like I often wear these days. Last time I went to the doctor for a physical, I even took off my toenail polish, something I rarely do these days!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    I just saw my internist last Friday to go over how to give myself a shot of estradiol. While I was dressed en homme, I fiqured it would be too weird (for me) not to wear panties for my first girl shot.
    That is so wonderful. You save that great news for a "Panty" thread, you dog, or is that dogguette? That is a very appropriate time to wear your fanciest and hopefully brightest pair of panties.

If you want to try it, why not?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    That is so wonderful. You save that great news for a "Panty" thread, you dog, or is that dogguette? That is a very appropriate time to wear your fanciest and hopefully brightest pair of panties.
    Alright already - I guess I have to buy the first round of wine at the Wine Jar, and they were simple black vanishing edge from Soma. (Damn, I try to avoid the "what color are your panties thread!)
    Last edited by mikiSJ; 12-21-2013 at 04:30 AM.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Gold Member
    I always had one pair for the doctor. I agree with some that there is no need to play games with your doctor. I look at it this way. I want care from my doctor. If I happen to make him uncomfortable, he may unconsciously speed up. He may be trying to be professional, but we are all human. So what is more important, my health or wearing panties in front of someone? Why risk it? Now I love Diane's suggestion if you are full time or have no men's underwear. Keep it simple and a standard color. Remember why you are there.

My wife is a medical professional. There is almost nothing you can wear that your Doc or practice nurse has not seen before. I'm told that painted toe nails are quite common and shaved bodies are now more the norm than not (amongst men). They are more interested in your medical status than what underwear you might have on and are too busy to care one way or the other unless it is detrimental to your health. So put on your best lace and paint your nails if you want to because they are not bothered. Heck you might even brighten up their day!

Wow, what a varied opinion, I wear panties 24/7, go to the Dr and think nothing of it, also have spent many nights sharing a Motel room with other men who are business acquaints and some are friends with not a word ever being said. I did have one Dr comment one time, he said are these women's panties, I said not to day Doc because I am a man and I am wearing them. Been back to him many times not ever another comment.