Thread: The Fantasy of the Lost Bet

Aspiring Member

The Fantasy of the Lost Bet

Scattered throughout the various threads and posts, we sometimes see references to such things as dressing as the result of losing a bet, initiations or other situations where involuntary crossdressing takes place. In a case such as a lost bet, a man is required to wear various articles of female clothing, and the result is usually exaggeration, laughs all around and general buffoonery. There is no attempt at realistic appearance, or attempts at passing. Bulbous bosoms and clownish makeup are the order of the day.

But jokes can wear thin, and with repetition they lose their edge. The intent of this thread is to question what might take place in a highly unlikely hypothetical situation such as the bet requiring the wearing of such clothing for an extended period of time and for normal day to day activities. Would such a "loser", who had no prior crossdressing experience and no innate desire to do so, tire of looking ridiculous and at some point begin to make attempts to improve his appearance and passability? Could the "lost bet" eventually lead to a crossdressing life if the time period is long enough? Is a somewhat similar tendency what happens in the mind of the adolescent who sneaks a "thrill" by trying on his sister's or mother's frillies, and eventually ends up being a full out crossdresser several years down the road?

CD/TG fiction more often than not involves such scenarios, but what are the odds of these stories having any semblance of reality? This is a sort of variation on the usual nature vs. nurture arguments.

I present this post as a festive season fantasy diversion to give our minds a respite from the serious debates about things like labels. Try to imagine you were not a crossdresser , but had just lost such a bet. Would you eventually be joining this forum?

Veronica

Banned Read only
    $100K and implants; does it get any better than that; I'm jealous.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    You never know what might happen in those scenarios. I suppose that if the "Pink Fog" possessed you, then you may very well find your way to this site. I know that if someone made that bet with me now I'd dress to the nines and love it!!

And for $100 grand and $10 thousand a year, I'd be wearin' 'em proud! Show me the money, baby!!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I honestly don't know how you could not want to be better looking if you had to dress for a period of time, I mean once those panties go on for that second or third time it just changes you, not to mention when you get that first look in the mirror.
    You think to yourself oh I can look better than that.

Banned Read only
    Maybe this forum needs a new category for fantasy fiction. And not "X" rated! Married to a teacher with ten weeks off each summer, I would love to be "forced" to wear pretty dresses and heels all summer.

It's possible the odd man would find he enjoyed the clothes, but for the most part no I don't think men who simply lost a bet would be joining the forum in droves. Let's face it, would anyone really lose a bet and have to crossdress for weeks or months? Sounds very unlikely as such a bet would probably only involve doing something like that for a day or less. Regarding your point about the popularity of such posts, for me personally I like the idea because it reduces the feeling of guilt and let's me enjoy the experience more.

Society in general has this underlying feeling that we should feel guilty for wearing woman's clothes, and while I have gotten over some of those feelings over the years for me there is still a residual feeling of guilt. In the back of my mind I think the idea is if I have been forced to do it through circumstance or a bet then there is no need to feel guilty as it isn't something I chose for myself.

I saw the thing about him on inside edition a month or so ago. Tell you what, if I had a rich friend that said he'd give me a hundred grand to get a boob job, I'd be all over it like paper on rock.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-21-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: quoted post deleted

If the bet lasted fo a considerable time, I think to avoid ridicule, the "victim" would probably try to present better.
    He may even come to like it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica27 View Post
    ... no prior crossdressing experience and no innate desire to do so...
    No. Cding as a joke, a bet, Halloween, disguise (Doubtfire, Tootsie), or theatrical costume all lack that "innate desire". But I think there are guys whose "innate desire" has always been there but repressed, and they have never crossdressed. Perhaps if they did dress in one of those scenarios, it may trigger a "I want to do this again" response. [Maybe a topic for a good discussion "Can you be a crossdresser if you never crossdressed? But not here.]
    Forced Femme: almost impossible for someone who REALLY doesn't want to be forced. It's quite voluntary. I recall a fantasy of mowing a neighbor's yard. When finished, the beautiful young blonde homeowner invites me in for a glass of lemonade, and then offers to launder my sweaty clothes while I shower. She gives me something of hers to wear, and seeing my "submission" to the idea, puts more and more girly things on me, eventually transforming me fully: clothes, makeup, wig, high heels, etc. The next day, I show up at her door after shopping and fully transforming myself, wanting her approval. That happened several times, but not for real, only as fantasies.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 12-21-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spel

I would not vote for such a forum here, there are plenty of other places you can go for that kind of story.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Do you know, for years I fantasised about something like fancy dress at work, males had to dress as females, girls as boys, all for charity, etc. (I dressed as a rapper once, that was it...) - and there'd be the usual suspects: the MD would look like a panto dame, the warehouse guys would all dress as nuns, the slightly camp guy in IT Support would do his Marilyn Monroe, and I'd go in... looking like a million bucks! Jaws would drop, all the nuns in the warehouse would proffer lewd remarks and gestures, and IT Support would run wailing to the ladies because I made him look like a nerd in a dress.
    Well - that's my fantasy out (or at least, one of them ) - but to answer the question - it depends - not for regular males, but some of them may successfully supress the desire for decades (those too stupid to realise how good it feels!) and this could act as a trigger - but for 99% no. I've felt like this since at least as early as 6 or 7 years old and probably younger - it's in the wiring...

And what kind of friend bets $100k for anything? I guess a very wealthy one... I'd do it
    Kateyx
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    No, cross dressing does not make one a cross dresser.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    .......... the slightly camp guy in IT Support would do his Marilyn Monroe, and I'd go in... looking like a million bucks! Jaws would drop, all the nuns in the warehouse would proffer lewd remarks and gestures, and IT Support would run wailing to the ladies because I made him look like a nerd in a dress..........

Who are you calling camp? I actually do a bit of IT Support in the Hampshire area, so have you been watching me?

Ultimately, a person is either predisposed to our art form or not. I should think the incidence of conversion from the lost bet types is very low.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 12-21-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I've had these kind of forced femme fantasies a lot. When I was a teenager, I had a female friend play with my hair, and put blush on my face, and I would act like I didn't like it, but didn't push for it or against it too much. I wish I would have nudged her a little more bc nothing really came of it. Anyway, I recently started a Youtube series that is very much in this category. I don't want to seem spammy, so if anybody wants the link let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post
    $100K and implants; does it get any better than that; I'm jealous.
    Yes, I hope that this person is actually a CDer. That would be like a visit from Santa Claus! $270K (so far) would buy a lot of clothes, and one would have the breastworks to show off in them!

As far as the "lost bet" thing in general, I think that it's simply a yearning for an acceptable justification for our avocation. Once we accept ourselves we don't need a justification.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

This is a thought that has played out in my head, but I it know it will never by my reality. My dressing is behind closed doors and my SO is the only one who knows my secret. All though we are basically DADT. If my SO were to bet or dare me to dress for an extended period I would honor her bet, but I think the chances of a deal like that happening has about the same chance as me winning the lottery.

You mean I cross dress because I lost a bet..In a former life maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Aspiring Member
    I bet myself that I wouldn't read this post, but I lost.
    Can anyone suggest a punishment for losing?

The non voluntary cross dressing fantasy is common among those who have been brainwashed their entire lives that it is a sin under their religion and wrong in the eyes of the public. They get a little relief in the belief that if it is not voluntary then they are not breaking any social rules, they are simply "honoring the terms of the bet", or forced to dress this way. This allows them to either indulge in the fantasy without guilt, or in real life if the situation arises. Not many enter a bet that they aren't willing to comply with the possible outcome of losing the bet. Many early cross dressers use it as an excuse with sales assistants when they are buying cloths that fit them. I lost a bet and have to buy a dress for a party, had to get my nails done, had to get a body wax, etc. I can't count how many times have I heard these being used.

I looked it up, the guy got 100K for installing the breast implants, and 10K per year after for keeping them. It's been 17 years so far and now he is worried about them sagging. I guess he is getting the real life experience.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-23-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: This link was deleted once already for being aganst forum rules.

Aspiring Member
    This thread has prompted some interesting thoughts that have come close to answering the question I was posing, but have tended to skirt around the topic (pardon the pun) a little bit. Perhaps I should reword it slightly in an effort to be more specific.

First of all, such a bet would be highly unlikely, but let's suspend reality for a moment and assume that it did take place. In the initial days, there would likely be a lot of clowning around. Assuming that this guy was in no way a crossdresser, and had no inclinations toward being one prior to making this bet, my question is this; would the foolishness continue throughout the term of the bet, or would the joke wear thin and would he almost subconsciously begin to attempt to look and dress in a more appropriately feminine and dignified manner, despite not having the desire to crossdress?

As a second question, I wondered about the possibility of such a scenario instilling a bit of a desire to try crossdressing in the future as a result of the experience, lending some weight to the nurture vs. nature debate. Also, is this similar to the experience of a teenager trying on some sensuous clothing items for arousal, and ultimately becoming a lifelong crossdresser with arousal being a total non factor.

As a young child, I had no desire to dress in girl's clothing, or to act or feel "feminine" in any way. When I reached puberty, I was suddenly awakened to the erotic nature of many of the garments that women wore. I didn't want to actually have to wear such things or to be a female in order that I could, but I developed an urge to try some of them on in order to more fully experience the thrill and sensations they aroused in me. These experiences eventually led to the enjoyment of wearing such clothing for as long as possible without getting caught, for the simple pleasure of wearing them without any need for arousal, because they were different, and forbidden and in their own unique way very comfortable, despite their obvious actual discomfort. In fact, the more restrictive and impractical they were, the greater the sense of pleasure. Ultimately this led me to becoming a full out, although closeted, crossdresser. I often wonder if that would have happened without those adolescent bouts of raiding my sister's underwear drawers.

Further to the discussion, the crossdressing literature is full of unlikely forced crossdressing incidents that ultimately lead the hero of the piece to become not only a crossdresser, but in many cases to live full time or even transition. How likely or unlikely is this to happen in real life?

Veronica

Funny.... I used to bet myself that I could do a lot of things growing up and I almost always lost.... which meant I had to go straight home and dress like a girl.... lol. So I'm betting I'd take that bet and up the ante!
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-23-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't know if you would call it forced fem. But the first time I was "forced" into pantyhose for an extended period of time I was playing Truth or Dare with about 7 other people at a party one year. I took a dare from one female, who came up with the idea that I should put on a pair of pantyhose under my jeans. I had to leave them on the rest of the night. Must admit the soft sheerness of them was a bit exciting. Have not looked back since.

I was "awakened" as a camp counselor when the staff had a backwards day and the entire staff swapped roles. Until that time I had never even remotely considered dressing in women's clothes. Afterwards (years later) I could remember the feel and the idea began to grow slowly over the next decade before I actually put on more than ladies underwear. I suppose I may have been thinking about it or wanting to dress etc. but I don't honestly think I would have tried it without that first experience. This was a while ago and memory can play tricks on you.