Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any little place - village or city?

Is there any little place - village or city?

Just a short question: Do any know any village or city where CD are accepted just as normal?
    I don't wont to hurt anybody. I just wont to enjoy a life.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas advertises itself that way:
    Eureka Springs is known by many names: Haven for the State's Eccentrics. The place where misfits fit. The hole in the Bible Belt where the buckle goes through. And then there's our personal favorite: America's Largest Open Air Asylum.
    http://www.eurekasprings.com/alternative/
    http://www.eurekasprings.com/alternative-background/
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

There's a town in Mexico where TGs are held in high regard, even has a festival for them every year.

Provincetown? San Francisco?

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Silver Member
    Maybe - Heaven.

Very awesome question to ask. Whenever I get some funds built up, definately going on a trip to some of these places...San Fran is at the top of the list.

I like Eryn's Eureka Springs.
    Myself, San Francisco.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There was a town in Oregon that had a CD mayor

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Seattle is pretty laid back with its LGBT community.

Auckland, but 10 or 20 people (out of 2 mill.) might be a bit of trouble, depending on how drunk they are and how much they are looking for a fight to "prove" their toughness
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

should start one, then again, we'd all probably own little dress shops in town and nothing would ever get done

"Normal" is a math term that suggests that the average person does it. It is not common anywhere, to my knowledge. However, I have found that I can go out dressed about anywhere and I get fewer reactions than I get when I go out in a Halloween costume where no one is dressed up. I don't normally get negative looks or comments. Very few ever. I don't pass. I don't even try to.

Hi Anita, Just wrote on your other blog. Here on the west coast of Florida is a great area, I am well received any were I go. I pass to a point , my wife an I go out as sisters a lot. Jo

Thank you, I am just curios is any CD town or simillar and I hope there will be a new answers .....

Manchesters village is a wonderful place, in fact the whole city is. I've been shopping in the city centre 3 times now without any problems at all, most people are just too busy to notice.

J xx
    How do I feel about my SO. Chris de Burgh - Forevermore, says it all.

josrphine
    Hi Anita, Just wrote on your other blog. Here on the west coast of Florida is a great area, I am well received any were I go. I pass to a point , my wife an I go out as sisters a lot. Jo

Nice area, I visited this last summer. Would not mind moving there. I was in Sarasota, then visited Cape Coral. I could definitely get use to winter months down there. Knowing it is CD friendly just makes me want to move there even more.

Thinking about it, I've gone out dressed all over SoCal and never been treated as anything but normal. When I'm in a "GLBT friendly" situation I actually feel less normal because I'm more easily read if people are aware of the presence of TG folk. Not that I don't enjoy myself, it just feels different.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

San Francisco is definately a city where you would be accepted as normal.
    The only down side is that there is not quite the same center as Manchester village.
    It does have one bar which is cd ts oriented every day of the week.

Patricia

Silver Member
    If you act like you belong I don't think there are any places you can't go. Remember, it only takes an idiot to make any place bad for you. I've lived or had extended stays all over this country. People most everywhere are friendly. I think we bring it on ourselves sometimes by acting like we are guilty of some crime. I don't seek out GLBT areas for the same reason Eryn mentioned. I'm about doing or finding things that I'm interested in.

San Francisco. I left my heart there.

Really, I've never been there but I've heard stories.

Many of the larger cities have areas where anything goes. Do some Internet research.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

how about fantasy fest in key west?
    Last edited by harmony; 12-24-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_P View Post
    There was a town in Oregon that had a CD mayor
    The town is Silverton, Or. The mayor, Stu Rasmussen, is not the best spokesperson for the transgender community. Does the gender-queer thing. Boob job, long hair, bright pink nails, no make up and long sequined party gown to local functions. Or he shows up as a guy. Confusing.
    Live and let dress.

Banned Read only
    I've been to Eureka Springs a bunch of times. I've never actually noticed any CDs there, so I can't say how they'd be tolerated.

Here in the 'hood where I live, a CD won't really draw any attention one way or the other. It's pretty common to see TG folks of various sorts down here. Of course the rest of Dallas will treat you not so great. So, yeah, it's a tiny little island of tolerance in a sea of prejudice.

Banned Read only
    The answer to your Q is simple. There are literally HUNDREDS of people who have posted in these very Forums in the last year alone who live in various cities of every imaginable size all over the US and the world who have seldom or NEVER had a problem. Many make no attempt to pass. Certainly you don't think ALL of them are lying? What on earth for?

Your Q implies that you think some places might be completely safe for CDers? As long as the world remains full of clueless people, no place is completely safe for ANY type of minority or anyone who is different.

As long as you follow the CDers magic formula, you should be safe but there are no guarantees in this crazy world we live in.

OK Thanks to your answer now I want MERRY CHRISTMANS TO ALL OF YOU ...