Thread: An appropriate ad and a question

An appropriate ad and a question

Saw a window display of Victoria's Secret while I was shopping and thought the display wording was appropriate for CDers--"Gifts worth dreaming about!" And what is up with Amazon? Logged in to Amazon and "Suddenly fem" popped up with everything from gaffs to CD e-books....as we used to say in Germany "vas ist los in dast gasthaus?" Has Amazon become aware of the tremendous untapped CD market out there? Are we becoming main line clients?

No, it's big brother logging your activity online and putting appropriate ads on websites... not kidding
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I get that all the time. Mostly I appreciate the recommendations. I am plus size and these ads have turned me on to a few good sources, and I get some great offers from stores I already shop at. I can understand how it could me somewhat unnerving for those of us who are closeted. Does anyone know if there is a way to block it? Just wondering.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Tip - clear your cookies after every internet session.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Cookies???? I like cokies... LOL
    Yes, Big Brother is watching you, along with the CIA.
    Rader

Nah. they keep track of the things you're looking at...either use "incognito" mode or just delete cookies after every session and you'll be rid of them

Just remember 1984 has arrived.
    Big Brother is alive and well.
    Just arrived about 10 years later.
    George Orwell was a little out with his prediction
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yup...keep your browzing private ..ads for what you search for in your feeds...and if you share your computer..everyone else who uses the computer will see the ads too.

Aspiring Member
    Whatever you look at on the site, they automatically tailor your recommendations to. If you're interested in a pair of stockings, then why not a bra or garter belt?
    You have to go into your account and clear your viewing history. Even then, it remembers and you'll still get those recommendations, although on a smaller scale. That is solely the result of Amazon and not any cookies on your browser. Clearing your computer's history will not change what Amazon shows you.

I use the latest version of Internet Explorer and use the "InPrivate Browsing" feature. I don't get the pop up adds for crossdressing sites. Clearing cookies does the same thing but it can be a pain because some sites use cookies to let you log on more easily or to take you to the last place you visited on their website.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Amazon has long recognised the huge CD market and is more than happy to fulfil the needs. They do indeed base results on your searching and purchasing history so clear it from "my account" if it worries you. You can also go to "my recommendations" and it will show you what item caused things to be recommended. You can then choose "do not use the item" which will change things.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    As others have said they are tracking everything you do on line, that's how and why the ads are there. Look at the bright side they really do at times give good suggestions (at least in my case). The downside is this can cause you to spend more money than you originally planned. For example I might browse Amazon for a christmas gift to buy a family member when out of nowhere I see an advertisement for a gorgeous pair of size 12 boots, of course I can't resist that temptation!! What's this another suggestion for beautiful dress that would go along with those boots? Actually maybe you should start deleting cookies, as this can get very expensive over time.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Banned Read only
    I get the same thing all the time. The ads can be avoided by getting rid of the cookies, but, many sites through "suggestions" up based on your history within the site. I have to be careful anytime I log onto Amazon or eBay. Those sites through up ads based on prior purchases or brousing history. I just cannot log onto those sites on my account with someone looking over my shoulders. It's annoying.

There was a period of time recently that I received spam for the Cami Shaper in an account I'd prefer not to get spam, much less that kind of spam. The only thing you can do is be quick with the delete key, clear the cookies and cache and be careful what you read when you are not on the personal computer.

When shopping, after looking at clothes, go to a few gun dealer sites, it will confuse the heck out of them.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    Your activities are being tracked and sold to businesses and now you have targeted ads showing up in your browser, Amazon, and other sites. If you don't want it, then you have to go anonymous by changing your search engine to one that does not track and also you can use the anonymous feature of you browser. Just because you are not logged in does not mean you are not being tracked any more.

Yep you are being tracked and have been for years.
    Facebook is very good with it.
    If you dont want your search to be seen then best to just avoid it.
    Renee

As much as I value my privacy; Amazon, Google, Bing... has much more specific information about you and your habits than the NSA will ever collect.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    When shopping, after looking at clothes, go to a few gun dealer sites, it will confuse the heck out of them.
    LOL . . . Tina, you made my night.

Hugs

Isha

Amazon will not allow you to clear your purchase history. This has long been a controversial issue about Amazon. What you can do is to set up a separate account for 'her' using her email account. You are allowed, however, to clear your shopping or "products viewed" history which you may do from your account. Amazon has many products for us and you will find quite a few if you simply enter 'crossdress' in their search box. Keep in mind that your history is stored in a huge database and it is unlikely that any human being is pulling up your info, however, I still don't like that my purchase history is there forever including Kindle books. Nancy

Silver Member
    I am curious as to where these ads are coming from. Are Suddenly Fem a seller on amazon, or are they pop ups while you are on Amazon?