Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013

With 2013 coming to a close, how will you remember 2013? Was there anything in particular that stood out in 2013 that you would like to remember, or like to forget, or anything that will leave a lasting impression or is telling you that you need to do something in the future? What would you like to personally accomplish during 2014?

For me, 2013 will always be remembered as the year of severe gender dysphoria. There's no doubt that my gender issues really got to me during 2013, and I will nickname it the year of "man up" or the "year of the man" - the year that I really started noticing people treat me as a man and how it literally made me sick and sucked the life out of me. January through August were the worst.

For 2014, I would like to see a gender therapist, and begin attending a TG support group, and decide what path I should take to address my gender issues. I think all the help I got from CD.com was a great way to start addressing my gender issues, and a great way to end a horrible year.

Bye, bye 2013. Welcome 2014
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Wow, some how we seem to be on the same wave length! Your thoughts and feelings regarding 2013 mirror mine. And, I have the same goals as yours for 2014. I am very glad to say good bye to 2013. I am anxious but I know I am finally on a path to address my issues that have been bottled up for way, way too long. Good luck with your journey!
    Monica

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Fortunately or unfortunately, 2013 has passed me by with nothing in particular happening. On reflection, I suppose I have been granted another year on Earth without much ado, so I'm grateful for that.

Sorry if that sounds a little too philosophical, but it is a truth for me.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Sounds like you've had a rough year, sorry to hear that

2013 has been a year of personal acceptance for me...and a LOT of looking in-ways to my own gender definition.

Still not quite there yet, but I'm going in the right direction

For 2014 I'd like to get my own place and open this thing right up! and continue flicking through the pages of my own book, hoping to get to the end soon, but greatly enjoying the read!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me 2013 was not all that bad, first and foremost I became a grandfather what a blessing.
    The other is I found this place and it has helped me understand myself and others like myself.
    I'm hoping for a better 2014, after all we should all look forward and not backward
    However a little reflection is never a bad thing

2013 for me was quite a year, It started very stressful with my father in the hospital, very serious condition that
    almost killed him, Fortunatley for the good nurses and doctors, they fixed him up and he is doing great now.

2013 was also the year that Raychel came out to the family, Our children are all fine with it, they have totally accepted
    that this is just part of who I am. My wife has also made great strides in accepting that this is part of me, and she is fine with it as well.

and to end off the year I am taking a nice vacation, visit with some friends and spend a week with Dad when he is feeling great in Florida.

What a year it has been.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    2013 has been a pretty good year for me. I took a train trip to New York City and visited Times Square, the Empire State building and rode the New York city subway.
    Of course the big news for me was that I started working as an extra on TV shows. I did scenes for three episodes of both the NBC series Revolution and the TNT series Dallas. On Revolution I got to do a scene as a featured extra (important non speaking role) where a played a Patriot doctor and did a lobotomy on a girl. The scene got cut by NBC because it was too violent even for Revolution's standards. Still it was a whole lot of fun to film and the crew treated me like one of the actors not an extra.
    I'm really looking forward to what lies ahead in 2014.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Michelle and Monica, I'm sorry to here that 2013 was not a good year for you, but I will hope that 2014 will be a better year for both of you. Michelle, it sounds like you have an action plan to address some of your problems, good luck, I hope those plans move you to a point that you feel better about yourself and the direction of your life.

For myself, 2013 has been a good year, my business has done well, I have a loving wife who accepts her husband with a few "eccentricities", five daughters, all married now, almost more grandkids than I can count and a great grandson who has just learned to walk!!

Happy new year to all, Hugs Bria

For me, 2013, for the most part, has been a year of revelations and discovery. In February of this year I came out to the world as Bobbi and put my self under the medical and psychological care of the VA. I am happy with the knowledge I am gaining about myself and some of the underlying reasons for me being who I am. I have started taking hormones and blockers and am living my remaining years on this planet as the girl I am, someday I'll be a woman. I have two support groups I am part of and a lot of the knowledge I have gained has come from you girls at Crossdressers.com. Thank you all for helping me be who I am.

Life is good, sure beats the alternative.

Bobbi

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    2013 is a red-letter year for me...it is the year that Amy has truly stepped forth into the world, and has not merely survived, but thrived beyond all expectations. In fact, if you'd told me at the beginning of this year where I'd be at the end, I'd probably have said you were smoking too much of certain substances that are now legal in Colorado!

I am officially through underestimating my femmeself, though, as it's obvious that that girl just won't quit!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

2013- The year I got outed,busted,caught, by my wife. The problem is that the shit storm will roll into 2014.

In 2013 I went to my first group meeting of other CDers!
    54 years old, dressing for about 50, going out in public for about the last 30, and I finally go meet some others.
    Once again, I said "why did you wait so long?"
    Stephanie

My memories have been alright, it has been a good year.
    I hope yours is smoother next year also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    For me 2013 is the "Year of Isha". It is the year I finally accepted this part of me, came out to my wife who was, is and remains supportive, come to several friends (male and female) and have begun exploring the world around me both "en femme" and "en boy".

For 2014 I just want to ride this rollercoaster and see where it goes by getting involved in a local TG group and exploring the world as Isha a bit more.

Hugs and Happy Holidays.

Isha

I've added more than ever to my wardrobe this year including clip on ear rings. Nail polish was a new experience this year too. I'd like to lose 15-20 lbs. in 2014.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

For me and my family 2013 really sucked! Glad it's soon over! I know 2014 will be better, gotta stay positive!
    Dana Fleming

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I do hope that 2014 is better for all of you. Personally, I'm bracing myself for 2014 and hoping it's not the roller coaster that '13 was.

In the past twelve months:
    -Carla displayed her true self to the world here
    -My employment went union (that's a good thing)
    -I was nearly terminated due to someone else's clerical error (that would have been a bad thing)
    -I visited my Daughter and family on the east coast
    -Wife's car exploded
    -Wife and I bought a BMW
    -Although my CD disclosure has a nice cushion of time, it's still considered perverted behaviour by the wife

So, OK 2014! Show me what you got!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    January 1st 2013 Started the year full of hope. The usual This Will Be a Better Year optimism. But I guess maybe a little too optimistic. Work that never materialized(those in the construction trades will understand) Between a family law suit issue( the family is now fractured) with other siblings. The summer into fall health issues for me. Put an incrediable amount of stress on my wife .Then I come out to her(really wasn't planned ) . But all in all , it was a year of learning . My Tg issues and my wife accepting them. The other issues have just brought us closer and more focused , as a couple. So with looking back to that day in January,,,You know it really wasn't that bad. I have a loving wife, we are enjoying a closeness I didn't even think existed. So once again we will start off on January 1st 2014 full of optimism, Hope for the best, live for the moment. And continue this wild ride of life we are on.
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

2013... my father died this year. A very sad event for me and my family. My father did not know about my dressing, but I'm sure he would have accepted me as he was a very tolerant, compassionate person.

2013... the year I resumed CDing in public after not doing it for about 17 years. I think my dad's death churned up feelings in me that were long-suppressed. My father always said that one should be true to oneself regardless of what other people think, and that really hit home.

2013... a rocky year for me and my wife. My renewed interest in CDing is upsetting to my wife and we are having to find compromises we can both live with. I think it's settling down.

2013 was very up-and-down for me. I hope 2014 is good and less of a roller coaster.

2013 let's see. I came out in public, but still not to my brother or parents.
    Work decided to screw me out of a week's pay (not just me). I quit my job of 15 years and got a new job for more money (+20%!). And that directly translates to 20% more wardrobe spending!
    Oh, and got my ears pierced.

2013 for me is the year I came out of the wardrobe.
    After my mothers death
    I came to the conclusion that life is too short
    came out to all and sundry
    SO hated the fact that it is out ( not out to her family)
    rest of my family Know and are not bothered but not accepting enough of my femme side to go visiting femme
    though Daughter loves the two sides of me
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

As long as the next week-and-a-half holds out, 2013 will be the first year since 2008 that I was employed for the whole year.
    ♥ Emily Amber ♥

I hope that for those who had an unpleasant 2013.. things will get better in 2014! I'm an optimistic person,.. realistic... sometimes cynical... but above all.. optimistic..

For me, 2013 was a turbulent year professionally.. and I hope that will improve in 2014. As for crossdressing 2013, it was relatively stable. I hope to tell my parents in 2014 and then I'll be completely out.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

2013 is when I got let back on the forum after 5 years picking potatoes in Siberia. (thank you)
    And also realised I wasn't actually a crossdresser.
    Strange but true.
    OK mostly true.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Well let's see, I thought the year was starting well, then close to a month into the year, things took a horrible tragic unfortunate turn. Got to experience the misery, of un-employment, going broke, asking family for money to eat and help with bills, completely burning through my entire life's savings, FFS and breast augmentation fund (back up to $5.00 and growing on that end)the end of discretionary spending, the joy of applying to jobs being un-employed, explaining why you left your prev employer without sounding bitter and angry.

On a plus side, started HRT (several years overdo, better late than never), I am employed again, and goals for 2014 try and erase all memories of the last couple of years of my prev employer from my memory forever.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth