Thread: My Ever-Changing World

Banned Read only

My Ever-Changing World

About a year ago I showed up here trying to make sense out of this lifestyle that has caused me more distress in life than can be put into words. Two months after reading countless posts, I allowed myself to be "discovered" by my wife. If you've read that post, you already know it didn't go well. After being on the shelf for several months, my feminine alter ego showed up again last October. Since then, life has only gotten more puzzling. Here's why.

During the holidays each year, my wife and I take separate, short vacations apart to see various members of our respective families that we would never be able to see traveling together. And frankly, some of them (on each side) neither of us want to see anyway--but that's fodder for another time.

This year is no different except for one thing. As soon as we started making plans, she asked me if Lara was going show up while we are apart. For me, being honest with my spouse has never been even a little difficult except in this one area. Trying to get past that, I simply said. "Yes." And so she figured.

Here is where things got dicey. While she abhors my feminine persona and has had no desire to talk about, share in, or in anyway be part of it, she told me she would like to see me all dressed up just one time to try and make sense out of my craziness. I was floored. I was also scared to death. There must be an ulterior motive here. Maybe she would have a hidden camera to get evidence; maybe she would just shoot me standing in my heels.

Normally, when I take the time to get dressed, I spend about 30 minutes doing makeup and the whole time I'm more than a little excited. On this occasion, it took me an hour because i was terrified. It was kind of like showing up to do orals for a doctoral degree. Was everything in place? How would I be received? Would this just make matters worse?

Well, I put on my best, simplest, blackest outfit. I didn't try to be overly conservative nor whorish. I thought a dressy black dress, black hose and heels and smoky eyes would be a good representation of this gal I've come to be.

When I hobbled into the den, her immediate response was a faint smile followed by tears. She didn't sob, there were just a few drops running down her cheek. I had on idea what that meant until she spoke. "You look beautiful," she said. I didn't know how to respond. It was even hard to squeak out "Thank you."

After a couple of twirls, she stood up, walked over to my side, took me by the hand and told me she was never going to understand why I do this but she finally sees that just like everything else I do in life, I give it my best.

We didn't have a conversation, there was no shouting or accusations, just some relief--at least on my part. So there you have it. If this much change happens in the next year, it's hard to even imagine where I'll be on this journey. Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me. I'm grateful.

Well, I am glad that went well. Don't get lost in the pink fog, take baby steps and see where it goes...

Banned Read only
    Congratulations to her and to you. You have a platform from which DADT can become a conversation. THAT'S huge.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Congratulations. Of course I will caution you to beware of the pink fog. So, as life always does, another chapter begins without a guidebook. Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery! And also, be careful what you wish for, you might get it. The technicals of your procliity have just changed dramatically. So, what will it mean to you if she's a full participant?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

This is definitely a step in the right direction. Very hard to do something expecting the worst and hoping for the best. This time you got the best. Way to go girl.

I wish I could say with confidence that this is the dawn of a new and exciting chapter in your life. Somehow that seems a bit optimistic at this moment. However, I hope this episode proves completely positive for you and your relationship with your wife.

that's great to hear, and congratulations on a step in the right direction
    Jamie Dee

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Lara I'm so happy for you it does seem like some progress, your wife seems much like mine.
    She can't stand this part of me and we never talk about it unless it's an argument.
    It's nice to see a sister who may have some hope
    Hugs Leigh

As others always say. Take your time and let the wife decide the pace. Congratulations Lara!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

A very nice progressive story.
    Take it slowly and progress may be better over time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lara that was so touching. I think that once people see us it sometimes helps them see it is more than a man in a dress. I will post later about seeing many people today for the first time in another post. Your wife must have a tender spot in her heart for you given her reaction. I hope you find the peace in your journey that we all deserve!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    That's good news, Lara! I'm reminded of what my fiancee told me when I first stood in front of her dressed (albeit without makeup): "I'm jealous, you look more feminine than I do!"

Hopefully in time this will provide a basis for a conversation between the two of you, focusing more on the why you do it, now that she sees you can be a beautiful woman. She will also need reassurance that she's not losing "her man" in the process.

And keep giving everything you do in life, including your femme presentation, the best!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Held my breath for you Lara. Gives me hope for some day ....

there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    --------------------------------------------
    With Love and Affection, Allison Leslie

Lara - that's really moving and encouraging. Both you and your one-in-a-million wife are clearly very courageous and I wish you the very best progress - slow and steady definitely wins this race and you clearly both have much more in your relationship than just what clothes you're wearing!
    It's a great example of how and when openness and honesty pays off - you're so fortunate but you've been prepared to risk everything and that speaks volumes for your strength of character. An example to us all...

And I know just what you mean about families...

Kateyx
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

You are so brave, I would probably get sick with fear to get dressed for my wife,she's never even seen a picture. All that I can say is after reading about your experience,I feel some sort of encouragement. Explore the new waters carefully

WOW, Lara, You wife really stepped out there this time.
    I would bet at the same time you were wondering how this would all go.
    She was sitting there wondering what she was getting into.

It must have been extremely difficult for her as well.
    Very nervous about what she was about to see, not knowing herself just how she would react.

I am glad it all ended well.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Lara...wonderful news. Your wife is trying to understand Lara, so give her time..

Continue to leave no doubt that it "isn't a freak show" and at the same time demonstrate how much of your person is feminine,and happy being that way..Showing beats talking and pictures,any day! Be honest with her,and be Lara..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    I think you've helped your wife overcome a major barrier. While she's . not alone in not understanding why...none of us know that with certainty, she's seen that as Lara you're not the caricature she had imagined, but rather a real and genuinely attractive person.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi lara, Very good you are on your way to a very interesting time in your life. My wife of just 2 month ago Nov 4 , is number 2 in that million. We have been together for 8 yrs. When I first met her i told her before we went to bed, it clears the air very fast. She told me she was a New york city girl so what. We have been sisters now for a long time getting married had to do with her health. Long story. Melissa an i are the same size in cloths an shoes, she even bought me a wig that was the same color as her hair an style. I am very happy being a man when I need too, but live my life about 80% of the time as a women. I am very good looking an can pass most of the time, we go to a lot of places together. I hope your wife will respond as mine did it makes life an love great. JO

Gone to live my life
    Hi Laura,

What a wonderful story. I am so glad for you and your wife as you have taken one more step along the pathway of this thing we do.

BTW . . . I hear you about the doctoral thesis . . . I hate oral comps.

Hugs

Isha

Her love for you is very apparent, as she tries to understand. Show her how much you love her everyday and go slow.
    Best of luck

Hugs

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

A new chapter for Lara.

Hi Lara,

This shows just how strong your relationship is between you and your wife. The strength that it took for you to show her your deep inner feelings to be seen as Lara. And, the willingness of your wife to ask to see you as Lara, is the proof of an overwhelmingly strong love for you.

Lara is not just a fantasy anymore to her, it is a real person with real needs to show herself to the world. What she has done is the best gift anyone could expect in life, acceptance. Someday, people will realize that crossdressing is so much more than a male prancing around in womens attire, it is a real person expressing their true inner feelings. You have made one small step forward for all crossdressers and one giant leap forward in your relationship with your wife.

I really admire you for all of your love and respect for your wife. Life is an ongoing process and you have just turned onto a new road or path into the future.

I wish you all of the best in your journey to bring out Lara more often.

With my deepest admiration,

Rebecca