Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men's or women's deodorant?

Men's or women's deodorant?

So, I can be a pretty sweaty person sometimes, I'll admit it. And I haaate getting sweat on my clothing.
    I use women's deodorant, but I've been wondering for a long time whether men's is better. I've heard people say women's is better, men's is better, they both work the same…
    What do you guys (and girls) use? Do you find there's any difference?

Lately I have been using women's deodorant. Since it is colder weather I don't see any difference. I do like the smell better.

Silver Member
    I use Secret because I like the powder spray.

I've been using womens deoderant for several years now. I like the smell much better. Hate the stinky heavy manly scents. After trying several I've been using Degree 24 Hour Protection for a year or so. Smells great (several different varieties here) and doesn't seem to let me down.....or make me stinky. I keep my pits shaved probably 9 months of the year & that helps a lot. Got to let a little grow back during the summer so it's not noticable when I peal my shirt, or go swimming with the familly, etc. The things we girls have to do...ugg.

Megan

I use Dove Lemon Verbenia scent. Nothing on the package says that it is specifically for women. It seems to do the intended job and it smells nice in either mode.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The only difference I've found between them is the type of scents available.
    Last edited by geek; 12-23-2013 at 03:00 AM.

I say women's all the way. If I had a choice....Women's anything right...

Why not test them yourself? Use women's deodorant for a while, then use men's. Of course, different brands may work differently and some may do better with your personal body chemistry than with someone else's.

Another thing to do would be to read the label and compare the ingredients.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Ive been using womens deodorant now for 2 years and haven't looked back My wife and use the same ones

I use women's deodorant only, any the kind without aluminum oxides. The scent is almost gender less, and it works for me!!!

I use a Dove spray deodorant.

I think it is womens' because it doesn't smell like mens or that horrible deodorant all the boys wore at school Lynx!

My wife requested that I stop using spray deodorants many years ago because the overspray was leaving a residue on the bathroom wall (over time). So I switched to a soft solid. I also said that if I'm going to use a non-spray deodorant, then the armpit hair has to go. So, it's Secret soft solid and cleanly shaved armpits for me.
    Being a girl is not for wimps.
    Offense is not a gift. You can't give it, you can only take it.

I use the Dry Idea Gel that is "unscented" but does have a very slight scent.....they also have a "Fresh" scent that is a bit more feminine. Does a great job keeping the liquid away!

womens especially the ones with a nice floral smell to them.

I use women's. Secret, "fresh" scent. Works well for me and the scent is gender neutral.

Ciara

Secret it is! Although I have found it a bit humorous that we use one called secret...if only they knew,lol!
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica giovanna View Post
    Secret it is! Although I have found it a bit humorous that we use one called secret...if only they knew,lol!
    Jessica, you make me giggle because that is exactly that I think when I use "my secret!"
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Linda is right...experiment. Use men's on the right and women's on the left. Now go for a nice long run or spend some time in the weight room.
    Better yet, go for the men's deodorant. Its a psychological thing. You will just feel cooler, more confident, and smell just a bit manly--what could be better?

I should point out that when I was a landscaper--most all the guys came with a slight odor of exhaust. Leaf blowers, two-stroke motors mainly.

I'm not surprised that so many of you prefer women's deodorant c:
    It certainly does smell nice and have more scents, after all.

I've heard Secret is good, and am trying an unscented kind right now, which seems to work pretty well- I've heard that certain scents can mix with the chemicals in your sweat and make it even worse!

Jennifer- you make a very good point! At the end of the day, a lot comes down to confidence, doesn't it?
    Thanks for the tips!

I must admit apart from guys with really strong body odor (luckily I'm not one of them) I don't notice differences in deodorant or aftershave scents on males. I wonder if it is a bit of a male / female biological thing as my wife notices smells more so than I do (remembering many animals using scent particularly to strengthen the maternal / child bond).

Personally, I would probably use a scentless deodorant that works for me (i.e. try a few out) and then if you want some "guy" smell then add an aftershave. Or fuel oil

I use non-gendered deodorants and have for years - the no-aluminum stuff like Nature's Gate, Tom's of Maine, etc. and love them. They come in unscented as well as a variety of scents from "manly" (woodspice) to "girly" (lavender) and I switch them up based on what my mood is and where I'm going.

Unscented of course, if you want to smell like cologne or perfume - use that instead!

Secret it is for me also. Just like the way they smell better.

i to am a secret girl. and now i'm wondering if they did named it for us??
    paula

Female 100% of the time, as I present female nearly 100% of the time.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud