Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back and change one thing in regards to your crossdressing life...?

CD from ME

When I was a 15

When I was 15. After I had put on that skirt and went out to show my mother how I looked. I would have said "I like the way it feels. Can I start wearing girls clothes, if all girls clothes feel this good when I put them on?" (I had already put together an entire outfit that was the color *orange* it consisted of a skirt, Bodysuit and shoes which she never saw me in. Which I wish I would have put on and showed her)

I would have started my collection and started dressing much earlier since I've always enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina1013 View Post
    I would have started my collection and started dressing much earlier since I've always enjoyed it
    I definitely agree with all those who say they would have started much earlier. Whenever I see photos of younger CD's looking gorgeous I am so envious. It would be nice to know what I could have looked like when I was younger and slimmer.
    Love Veronica

You can view my photos on

www.flickr.com/photos/evahopeful

I wish I had discovered and started earlier in life... Things would have been tatally different.

I wish I had not told my SO that I purged when I told her she told me how glad she was that I did ,but maybe it was good to get the truth from her before it became an issue between us.
    But now the urges to dress are returning and if I dress , either I hide it from her or try a DADT situation .

For me it would have been to have found this website earlier and to also come out of hiding a lot earlier than I did. Life has been a lot easier since I did both. No regrets for the rest.

Definitely would have come out sooner, instead of hiding behind my outer shell all the time and living with the pain of not understanding. Today, with the internet and this fantastic forum and it's fantastic ladies for support, I could have enjoyed the girl in me, sooooooo much more !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaleWarning View Post
    I wouldn't ever have purged! All that lovely stuff, gone for good.
    I agree completely. I have purged twice in my life, both times when I moved in with other people. I still look back and regret some of the things I got rid of as I can't find some of them anymore. I used to have quite a collection of satin panties and now it seems like almost no one sells them anymore. I have found Soma does and I really like theirs, but it would still be nice to have some of the things I had earlier.

To change our past changes our present. I have never liked the idea of would was honors a could a because while changing some things may have made some things better, the rule of unintended need consequences suggests that other things, things we enjoyed or benefitted from, may not have occurred because of those changes.

That being said, if I could change one thing without fear or worry of unintended consequences and being assured that all of the positive things in my life would have still occurred, I think I would have blended my two lives at a much earlier age. I would have been much more open about my gender bending so it would be merely another of my hobbies, like playing paintball, camping or bicycling. Something I did when I could without concern about who knew.

I wish I'd started 20 years earlier!

Definitely, start going out shopping etc,and embrace the life fully.If only we could turn back the hands of time.

Wow, what would I do different, can't say I'd have started any earlier, I started at around 6 years old, couldn't have told anyone, in my day that would have meant a shrink with the possibility of shock therapy. I guess the one thing I should have done differently was tell my second wife about it sooner.
    It was a big part of the break up of my first marriage, so I was afraid to say anything. I had purged after my divorce, and had promised myself I was never going to dress again, it was ruining my life. Did fine during the days of a new romance, busy with work, dating, life was good with out a dress on. But after we got married, life got hard, times where rough, money tight, and the old desire to dress came back stronger than I had ever known it to be, but I held on to "I'll never do it again" after five years of marriage, I had almost ruined a second marriage, I was depressed, augmentative, and hard to get along with, and she was fed up with it. I figured I was losing it all anyway, and she had a right to know it wasn't her fault, it was all me and then I told her what was wrong with me, I figured it would creep her out and she would put us both out of our misery by walking out, but she surprised me by sitting and listing to me drone on, pouring out years of fear, guilt, anger at what I was, and apologizing for all I had put her through.
    The crazy lady didn't run, well she did, just not to where I had thought she would. While I though she would run home to momma, instead she ran down to the mall and bought me two outfits, with a wig, and heels and jewelry, foam forms, and a waist cincher, instead of a night in tears of hurt and loneliness, I spent it in heavenly bliss, and just think, if I had told her 5 years earlier instead of 38 years of a blissful marriage, it might have been the whole 43 years.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by VeroS View Post
    I definitely agree with all those who say they would have started much earlier. Whenever I see photos of younger CD's looking gorgeous I am so envious. It would be nice to know what I could have looked like when I was younger and slimmer.
    I can totally identify with VeroS. When I see photos of how well some younger CD's with a smaller frame and less height than I have been cursed with pull it off I get depressed. Sometimes to the point of locking myself in my bedroom, laying down with my face in a pillow and crying. The fact that there is nothing I could do about it ( go back int time, shrink in size,etc ) probably upsets me the most.

I would have given in to feminine desires much earlier. I know I was a feminine cross dresser inside since I was a teen but didn't give in to them until 3 months ago. I'm 51 now.better late than never.

Would have liked to have maintained my weight a little bit better so that I could be a little more shapely than I am now. It would have also helped with my budget. Having to go to a larger size when I purchase some articles of clothing dings my pocket book.

I would have started when I was young and pretty! But, that may have changed my entire life and I may have never met my wife. So, I reckon the real answer is I wouldn't change a thing...

If I could go back to myself in the past. I would take several years supply of hormones with me. And tell myself in the past, take the pink pill if you want to fulfill your desires and be happy. Take the blue pill but you will have to wait until you are past 40 to enjoy what you cannot anymore.

In addition, I would convince myself to stay away from too many sweets, ruins a girls figure when she gets older.

I would have transitioned when in my teens, now I'm just too old so I have to be satisfied with looking like a man in a dress.

I would have grown my hair long before I lost it

I wish I would have transitioned when I was young
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I can't give one answer
    1. When my friends (guys and gals) gave me a bra on my 20th birthday as a joke (because even then I had man boobs), I should have worn it with pride - If only they knew - maybe they did.
    2. I would have skipped the purges, forget the money I wasted - I really did like some of the heels and dresses and I’ve never been able to replace them ( I could probably fill a number of closets by now, and I guess there wouldn’t be room for me). Otherwise I am where I am and I’ve got to accept it. I could never do without my family (the kids and the grandkids) I love them all.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Id have not purged, kept dressing through teen years, not revealed dressing to two wives, not gotten married... worked on passing sooner...so many what ifs and maybes.

I wish I'd had the courage to fully embrace and accept this part of myself when I was younger ... (and hotter!)

Not keep clearing out my collections and accepted it as who I am earlier and just learnt to enjoy. Had some good stuff I wish I could get back

I would have made sure my wife knew want CD means to me and that I didn't want to stop before I got married.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN