Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back and change one thing in regards to your crossdressing life...?

I simply wish that I would have embraced me feminine side a lot earlier. I also wish That I too would never have purged so many time. I lost some really nice stuff over the years.

I would have educated myself at a much earlier age.
    Samantha -x-

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I would have been born about 30 years later. That would have given me the chance to take advantage of all the changes in technology (web, digital photography, cell phones all come to mind) and society that have occured in that time. It would have been easier to accept myself earlier and found support where it wasn't available back then.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I would nave let the cat out of the bag in my 20 not now trying to dress when I can and hide some of it from the out side cruel world

I wish I knew about changing in my teens, I would have wanted to become a woman back in my 20's and enjoyed life as a woman, o well,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I would definitely have transitioned as early as possible. At least early in my university days. And maybe spent significantly less time in the gym as a teen.

Glad to be here
    I think I would have tried to accept myself and move forward at a much younger age. Having said that, I'm pretty happy where I'm at, and how I got here. It's all worked out fine, so far

P.S. Oh, and like Heather said, less time in the gym(in my case, lifting weights!)
    Last edited by stephaniepamela; 01-07-2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: added post script

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Stay single.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

So many interesting replies to this question. I know I wanted to look like a girl from way back. Maybe that means "be a girl". Maybe that means that if I knew then what I know now, I would have transitioned. I'm glad I didn't since I wouldn't be married to the wonderful person who has supported me for 45 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Good point Claire. From a gender aspect, I can say that I would have accepted myself much earlier, stopped the mental war I had with myself, and enjoyed the feminine aspect of myself. I might have had a different job, different friends, a different circle of life that would have been more accepting, friends that would know etc etc. But then, I wouldn't have found my wife. So perplexing isn't it? I cannot imagine my life without her, so even though I have struggled a lot with my own acceptance, perhaps it was all for a purpose.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I only wish I had the nack to get the make up done right. I am comfortable when I have a makeover but would like to dress to the top more often including the make up but just have not mastered that end of it. Like some here, I wish I would have not hid out so long. Over the dam and will enjoy it now.

If the changes only effected my crossdressing life? Then I wish I had tried very hard to look my best when I was younger, lighter and had really long hair. But if I had, who knows where I would be today, better off or worse off? I'll stick with the devil I know.
    As for purging, I had a long talk with an ex GF not too long ago and it turns out we both regret giving up some of the outfits we had (especially shoes!) so maybe it's not just a CD thing.

I would definitely not present crossdressing as a problem to my girlfriend (or any ex for that matter). Instead of a "problem" it could have just been a fun thing to do...

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I wouldnt change anything...however the resouces today with the internet make it so much easier than say 10-`15 years ago...i wish it was available when I first started...ohh and the purges

I would have not been born.

I would have stared sooner!

I hate to say that I would have changed anything, because I DO actually love my life. I just have this fairly large aspect of it that keeps tugging at me and being a secret that I have to hide.....

I guess that when I was in my teens, back in the late 80's/early 90's that I would have not have worried so much about being so "manly" because that's what everyone expected of me. I would have at least let my Mom know that I felt like I should have been born a girl. I should have at least acted in a way that may have shocked many back then, (20+ yrs ago!) but I would have survived. I would have maybe acted a little more fem(?), I don't know...I guess I didn't know that I could have acted any different back then. I may have wanted to, but I figured that my world would end if I did.
    I tried on my Mom's clothes and makeup back then when the parents were gone......I loved it. I really did. The more I remember, the more that I recall that I wished that I could become a girl when I was in 6th grade. I was jealous of the girls in my class....
    Now...I just sometimes wish that I wasn't so established in the community that everyone would notice that I was not my male self anymore....If I could just pick up and move to where nobody knows me and start over as Suzanne(or whatever name I really liked).... maybe next time....

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I would have told my wife while we were dating, instead of on our honeymoon.....or I would have invented the internet in the mid 60's, become a billionaire by the age of 21 and then have access to all this wonderful information we lacked back then, and I would be filthy rich....Oh the possibilities !!!
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

As above, not starting sooner.

I feel like many, that with knowledge back then I would have started sooner. No internet or real way to discover that I wasn't alone hurt my chances at being gorgeous in my 20's! Why couldn't Al Gore invent it sooner...lol

Stated much, much earlier.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I would have come out of the closet a lot sooner. I missed all of my teens and 20's I could have been enjoying as Heather

Wink

I wish I knew then what I know now. I wish I had been braver. I wish I had explored and experimented a little more!
    *StacyP*

I would have tried going out in public a lot sooner, and I would have been more open with more people about it.

Michaella

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    If I would have explored my female side after my divorce, who knows where I would be now. Now that I am here I would not to go back since my wife and sone would not be in my life.