Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could go back and change one thing in regards to your crossdressing life...?

If you could go back and change one thing in regards to your crossdressing life...?

What would you change?

For me, it would probably be breaking in my other side to my SO much more slowly. I felt like I had pushed too much and forced her into liking my CDing side, whereas I should've given her more time and remained patent. Hopefully then, she might find it in herself to enjoy and not always seem so forced (As she feels now).

I know it isn't healthy to dwell on the past, but perhaps there is a lot to be learned from what could've/should've/would've.
    Pantyhose enthusiast-Send me your favorite brand of PH!

Latest pair: Leggs Silken Mist

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59775257@N03/

I wouldn't ever have purged! All that lovely stuff, gone for good.

Couldn't have agreed more!! So many cute clothes gone to waste :/
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-22-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    Pantyhose enthusiast-Send me your favorite brand of PH!

Latest pair: Leggs Silken Mist

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59775257@N03/

I would have started my transition years ago!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I should've fired the psychic a year earlier, since she obviously didn't give a damn about my gender issues and thinks that "gender confusion comes from the devil"
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I would have told my fiancee sooner than I did. I missed out on years of dressing that way!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Years before I got married I would have transitioned with two others I helped .
    I do wonder what life would have been like if I did not have this interest at heart.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I vote for
    -
    started seriously sooner.

Patricia

What would I have changed, Well for one, I would have told my wife before we were married.
    I had lied to her in the past about some things, to cover up my crossdressing, That was not right. I would never do that again.
    That is one of the biggest things I would have changed, but it is water over the damn now.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

We are the sum of all our experiences good and bad. If I change anything I change who I am now. I like myself as I am. Therefore I would not change anything.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

If I changed anything I wouldn't be who I am today.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think I would have come out to my parents at a relatively young age. Somehow, at this age, it seems to much harder.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    We are the sum of all our experiences good and bad. If I change anything I change who I am now. I like myself as I am. Therefore I would not change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    If I changed anything I wouldn't be who I am today.
    I am going to agree with Kim and Kate on this one. While it would have been nice to continue exploring my femme side when I first encountered her at the age of 18 (made a much prettier girl then), rather than locking her away until now, I would have missed out on my daughter, my wife and my life as I know it now. All of these events define me and to have not experienced them, I am not sure who I would be today . . . perhaps a better happier person, perhaps not.

Hugs

Isha

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Just one thing? Omg impossible, every year, every day I see all the things I would have done differently. The biggest one would have been 30 yrs ago I would have found help and figured out who/what I really am and I would have lived life to the fullest instead of living the life that everyone expected to see out of me. Hind sight is 20/20 and I suggest to all the younger memebers to be yourself, find support and dont be afraid. Maybe one day the world will accept us and things will be better.
    Erica

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I would have not have purged, closet, purged cycled. I would have tried to make it a moderate steady thing. My poor wife does not know what end is up because of that. It's always the elephant in the room. By being more consistent she may have come to the realization that it's just a part of me. When I come out of the closet it looks like it more consumes me and that scares her and me.

I would have told my wife instead of hiding it from her.

Renee

i would have embraced who i am at a much earlier age. Easy to say but had i done so, i hope i would have arrived at where i am now sooner.

I would have sought out a support group much earlier and come out much sooner. I could have enjoyed my youth as a woman and who knows where I would be today.
    That would have eliminated years of guilt and shame from my life and let me be free so much sooner.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I wouldn't have purged, but stored the stuff and gotten back into it a lot sooner....
    Jamie Dee

I wish I'd have gone through HRT at 15 or 16, I've dressed since childhood and it's a major part of my life today. But now I'm afraid there is too much history from my past as "Jim" too ever be "Sindee" full time. My social life now is as a crossdresser and my "friends" of the past 8 yrs know Sindee (she's quite popular in those circles) and I get lots of encouragement from my peers. But (there's always one of those huh?) the "Jim" side is so separate from that world and I travel many miles to keep it that way. If I'd gone through with my wishes, life would be much different today. We all know that strides have been made that make gurls of our nature more acceptable than 40 yrs ago when HRT would have been more beneficial to a 15 year old rather than a 55 year old. I admire the brave gurls that had the courage to be who they were and took those strides.
    Last edited by sinderella; 12-22-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.

I would have embraced this part of me at a much younger age. hind sight is 20/20 they say Plus I wouldn't have done all the purges that I have but how much of it would fit me now? lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Wished I hadn't purged so much too. Lost so many nice things. BTW a stocking and PH lover too.
    Janey , Puyallup

I would have told my mom during adolescence. Growing up in the 50's and 60's, society views really affected my self esteem. I thought I was bad, perverted, sick, ect. My mom sensed that something was bothering me but I was afraid to open up. Just telling someone would have helped greatly and maybe she could have got me to a therapist. When you can't accept and like yourself, its hard to live a truly happy life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Just remember it could always be worse too. Yes there are some things that I would have done different, but I made choices then that I'm happy with now. We all learn as we go along in life. While I've purged some things the truth is we often hold on to things that needed to go.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I would have my wife know all about me, as you say over the water, from the get go. However, in the mid 70s, our art form was not the kind of thing that people shared and vilification would have been the least of my worries. Plus, I don't think my wife would have accepted at all then. Life experience makes us more liberal or at least less prone to knee jerk reactions. Not a golden rule, but being older makes for a more mature thought process, IMHO.

I was slim as a teen and in my twenties, all those lost years of gorgeous slim-line dresses, and I loved some of the 80s styles too.....aaaaah!

Agree, don't dwell on the past, but to have it in consideration. It is of course, what has shaped us all, and I'm hoping to have a lot more past to refer to in the future.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk